Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katie Bell

Hybrid View

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron

Katie Bell

I can't believe there is no thread for Katie!

I've been giving her some thought, and have a couple of questions.

1. What do we know, if anything, about her blood status? Financial situation? Family situation?

2. What kind of job can you see her having after Hogwarts, excepting professional Quidditch?

Thanks in advance!
    Lovely banner by Minna

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I really only have an answer for the first question.
    As she played Chaser in her second year and was a reserve the year before Harry joined, or her first year, she must have grown up in a wizarding family. We don't really hear of her blood status, which makes me predisposed to think she is a half blood, as most purebloods seem to be revealed in the book, as it's said in some way. This, however, may just be me. However, I would for sure say she grew up in a wizarding family due to her being a reserve Quidditch player in her first year.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    However, I would for sure say she grew up in a wizarding family due to her being a reserve Quidditch player in her first year.
    Katie wasn't the Chaser who had been the reserve the previous year, that was Alicia Spinnet who was the same year as Fred and George, so a reserve in her second year.

Katie joined the team in her second year, so was basically making her debut the same time as Harry.

I think you have free rein with her blood status although I'm not sure I'd make her a Muggleborn because I think that would have been noted beforehand.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

h_vic
    In terms of a job, I've read several stories in which she is a Healer, which I could see being something that she might have picked up a desire to do having spent a long time in St Mungo's after the cursed necklace incident and coming to understand how valuable the role of a Healer is. I could also perhaps see that prompting her to work for the Ministry tracking down Dark Objects to try and prevent what happened to her happening to someone else.

I've also come across her written in careers associated with Quidditch but not just as player, as things like a sports agent or team Healer, which always seemed to me to suit her quite well.

~Hannah

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    In my personal canon, Katie works in advertising and marketing, making campaigns and selling brooms, Quidditch robes, Keeper's gloves, etc.

As for her family, I think you essentially have free reign, though it's likely she was a halfblood, as we tend to get more of a paticular image of people who are either Muggleborn or pureblood.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    I was just wondering- according the lexicon Leanne (the friend Katie was with when the necklace cursed her) is a sixth year (therefore the year below Katie) at the time and also a Hufflepuff. However I think this information is based on the film. I don't have my HBP with so can anyone tell me if it's made clear in the book what house/ year she's in or do we have free rein?

Thank you!
    Banner by Minna.

Black-Sand
    G'day

*scratches head* when did we end up talking of Leanne? And I'm 80% positive she was a Gryffindor in Katie's year. I think it was mentioned that Katie was sitting with her when she got back from St Mungos.

Okay, question:

If Katie had a daughter who LOVED colour and was a jokester with Fred II, do you think she'd be motherly, stricked motherly (not like the pranking), or like a best friend, having the daughter tell her everything and joke with her and stuff?

She's married to Lee Jordan if that helps.

...xXxLove SandyxXx...

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Well I think that Katie would be motherly but quite relaxed at the same time, so she would want her child to enjoy school. Also if she is married to Lee Jordan (who was always with Fred and George and normally involved) I think she would like pranks or at least tolerate them. Personally I think her daughter would tell her a certain amount of things but not everything and would enjoy spending time with her.
    Sorry if that made no sense!
    ~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Justice
    I think Katie would be a fun mother. I think she would laugh and joke with her daughter but would also be responsible and enforce rules. Probably mostly because I see her as having to. If she was married to Lee Jordan one of them would have to step up and be responsible, and I see Katie as doing it because Lee would probably joke around too much and not enforce rules with his kids. But I think she should have a lot of moments where she pranks and acts a little irresponsible (not as in bad parenting but letting them bend rules and maybe do some mildly reckless things.) with her children. I think she would be friends with her daughter most of the time and I think her daughter would tell her a lot of things, but not everything. There are just some things you donít want to tell your parents no matter how close you are.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Just a breif though....possibly because of the whole necklace inident, she might be more lax as she has experienced near death and wants her daughter to live life to the fullest. On the other hand, it might make her a little more strict, just because she's concerned for her daughter's well-being, but I don't think she'd stiffle her or anything
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!