Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katie Bell

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron

Katie Bell

I can't believe there is no thread for Katie!

I've been giving her some thought, and have a couple of questions.

1. What do we know, if anything, about her blood status? Financial situation? Family situation?

2. What kind of job can you see her having after Hogwarts, excepting professional Quidditch?

Thanks in advance!
    Lovely banner by Minna

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I really only have an answer for the first question.
    As she played Chaser in her second year and was a reserve the year before Harry joined, or her first year, she must have grown up in a wizarding family. We don't really hear of her blood status, which makes me predisposed to think she is a half blood, as most purebloods seem to be revealed in the book, as it's said in some way. This, however, may just be me. However, I would for sure say she grew up in a wizarding family due to her being a reserve Quidditch player in her first year.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    However, I would for sure say she grew up in a wizarding family due to her being a reserve Quidditch player in her first year.
    Katie wasn't the Chaser who had been the reserve the previous year, that was Alicia Spinnet who was the same year as Fred and George, so a reserve in her second year.

Katie joined the team in her second year, so was basically making her debut the same time as Harry.

I think you have free rein with her blood status although I'm not sure I'd make her a Muggleborn because I think that would have been noted beforehand.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

h_vic
    In terms of a job, I've read several stories in which she is a Healer, which I could see being something that she might have picked up a desire to do having spent a long time in St Mungo's after the cursed necklace incident and coming to understand how valuable the role of a Healer is. I could also perhaps see that prompting her to work for the Ministry tracking down Dark Objects to try and prevent what happened to her happening to someone else.

I've also come across her written in careers associated with Quidditch but not just as player, as things like a sports agent or team Healer, which always seemed to me to suit her quite well.

~Hannah

abovelevel
    In my personal canon, Katie works in advertising and marketing, making campaigns and selling brooms, Quidditch robes, Keeper's gloves, etc.

As for her family, I think you essentially have free reign, though it's likely she was a halfblood, as we tend to get more of a paticular image of people who are either Muggleborn or pureblood.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I can't find where on the Lexicon it says that she's a sixth year Hufflepuff... but her house nor her age are mentioned in the books, so you've got a free rein. I'm inclined to say that she'd be in Katie's year, because we don't hear of her being in Harry's year, and that generally, students seem to keep with members of their own years. I think you've got more freedom with her house; Harry doesn't seem to recognise her, which could suggest she's not in Gryffindor, but then again, Harry does seem to be rather unobservant at times.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Well, I just read through that scene, and there doesn't seem to be a reference to her house that I caught. I was skimming, mind you. But I don't think you could say she was from Gryffindor, as Harry refers to them walking as "Katie Bell and a friend," and then later Hermione has to confirm her name when she is trying to comfort her. There could be other evidence of her being a 6th year Puff, but I didn't see it in this scene.
    Lovely banner by Minna

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    I was just wondering- according the lexicon Leanne (the friend Katie was with when the necklace cursed her) is a sixth year (therefore the year below Katie) at the time and also a Hufflepuff. However I think this information is based on the film. I don't have my HBP with so can anyone tell me if it's made clear in the book what house/ year she's in or do we have free rein?

Thank you!
    Banner by Minna.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Sorry - it was not on the lexicon but on the Harry Potter wiki which, to be honest, has been a bit dodgy before as it uses a lot of info. from the films/ video games.

It seems as though we basically have free rein- thanks everyone!
    Banner by Minna.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by welshdevondragon
    I was just wondering- according the lexicon Leanne (the friend Katie was with when the necklace cursed her) is a sixth year (therefore the year below Katie) at the time and also a Hufflepuff. However I think this information is based on the film. I don't have my HBP with so can anyone tell me if it's made clear in the book what house/ year she's in or do we have free rein?

Thank you!
    Where on the Lexicon did you see that? Under Leanne's character description, it just says:

Quote Originally Posted by HP Lexicon
    Hogwarts student, 1990s.
    Friend of Katie Bell's (HBP12). Leanne was with Katie in October 1996 when she touched the cursed opal necklace while visiting Hogsmeade.
    I don't have my book with me, but I don't think Leanne's house or year are ever mentioned. I don't think it's mentioned in the film either, come to think of it, but I haven't watched HBP in a while. I think you have free rein!
    Eliza