Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator -- Part VIII

songbook99
    shihtzu71894, your post count does not go up with every post since there are some forums where the posts will not count toward your post count. Posts in your common room will not count towards your post count.

pheonixflame
    A question recently popped up in a first years romance class I'm in about co-written stories. What's MNFF's policy on this? Obviously you wouldn't want the same story in the queue twice, so does that mean that the fic in question would be listed under one author's account?

Thanks!

~Mari

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Mari, you're right - don't both submit the story to the queue. I'm writing a co-written fic with one of my friends at the moment, and what we did was made a new account, and in the bio put that it was a shared account between the two of us. If you don't want to do that, then you should decide which one of your accounts to submit it to.

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Ron x Hermione
    Hi,

I was just wondering if the dates on how long your story can be in the queue can change. One of my chapters in the Post-Hogwarts cat has been in the queue since February 21st. I was just curious if 7 days had been changed to how long it could be.

Thanks very much,

~Lindsey

nikkiolapotter
    I've been having a problem with the site. I'd be logged in, and then I'd edit bio, and when I'm FINALLY finished, then the Log In page will show, instead of changing what took me forever to do, and it's really getting frustrating. So, is there a bug?
    EDIT: Never mind, I just had to delete my cookies. *headdesk*

Soupdragon

Skimmed through a few posts, so sue me!

So, yeah, shoot me. There's a dreaded newbie in town!
    I skimmed through just a couple of posts in this thread and now have a headache so please on't kill me if this question has been asked already.

I cannot post in the Classes Board. Why?
    And everytime I try to, I get this message;
    <b>Soupdragon, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.</b>
    ONLY I have activated my account and I am not trying to edit someone's post/access admin features/or any other system. (Unless of course posting is a system... >.>)

And this only happens when I go to the Study Hall and the other classes. Why is this?
    And if this question has been answered, I would like to have that page number because I DO NOT want to go sifting through the boards like some thread... addict.

Thank you and beads of butterbeer corks,

-Soupy

nikkiolapotter
    New question- can we start usergroups in the RoR if they are 'writing related'? Like, I wanted to start a songfic writing club, but I didn't know if it was allowed.

Koroth
    My story, "The Professors I", in the Post-Hogwarts category has been in the queue since February 23rd, which is over a week now. Any reason why no one's gotten to moderating it yet?

Potterphile12
    Ron x Hermione:

There is no set limit to how long your story can be in the queue. 7 days is the approximate date we give, but it all depends on the amount of stories in that category. We try to get to stories in a timely matter, but ti depends on the volume of fics we receive.

Soupdragon

First off, we don't expect you to read the entire thread but you could use the search option which will allow you search key words like "posting and classes" in this thread. Also, as far as I know you can only post in the Classes forum if you are registered in that usergroup. There is a separate FAQ for that.

nikkiolapotter

PM RobinMNFF. She is the moderator of that forum.

Koroth

Well, like I said before it depends on how many fics are in the queue. Also, the rudeness is not appreciated.

10. 03-04-2007, 01:19 AM

childofpotter13
    Sorry about the Riddiculousness from this question, but if it is too much, you could just yell "Ridikulus," and I might turn into Snape wearing Gran's hat, but;
    I'm in Hufflepuff, a great house, by the way, and we call ourselves Puffs.
    In Ravenclaw, another great house, but they call themselves Claws.
    But what do Slytherin and Gryffindor, the other two great houses, call themselves, instead of typing out their entire names, or is it this some secret codename that I am not allowed to know and I just revealed my house's and figured out Ravenclaw's.
    If you think this is so random and idiotic, it's okay to delete it, but, I was just wondering.
    Thanks so much for wasting time on a moron like me who can't think of a nickname for Slytherin and Gryffindor,
    Sam.
    P.S. I was saying this aloud as I typed, and after that sentence about Slytherin and Gryffindor, I sure am winded.