Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator -- Part VIII

songbook99

Ask a Moderator -- Part VIII

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked.

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

iluvtosurf94

Banners

Hi! I heard you can ask someone to make a banner advertising your story here on the Beta Boards. Well, I'm kind of new so, where would I find people willing to make me a free banner?

3. 01-18-2007, 04:17 PM

songbook99
    iluvtosurf94, you would find people to make a banner in the Bannermaker's Association. There is a place there to make banner requests.

joybelle423
    At the bottom of the home page, under MuggleNet FanFiction Beta Boards Statistics, it lists the current count for Members and then Active Members. What's the difference -- what makes a member active or inactive? And why don't you delete the inactive members' accounts? Or do you? Sorry, I got curious again ...

~ Abigail

Edit: Thanks, Jan! That was fast ...

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

I believe it goes on length of time without a post.

We do occasionally go through and delete very old members, but it is monstrously time consuming and not all that productive for the site, so it's a rare occurence indeed.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Hi,

I was wondering if we could delete our own reviews for a story. Under each review there's a "delete" link but all it does is to open a blank page and not delete the review.

Could someone explain this, please? Thank you.
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

songbook99
    kehribar, only moderators can delete reviews. If you need a review deleted, please contact a moderator to have them remove it.

AurorGirl101
    I also have a question about reviews.

For reviews we find offensive or rude, are we to ask to have them removed? How do we deal with it? Like, responding to them?

EDIT:: Thanks, Kasey!

One more, contact as in email or PM?

hogwartsduchess
    Jess,

Contact a moderator. If the review is a flame, it can be removed by the moderator for you. Also, the best policy is to ignore the reviewer. Replying only encourages the person responsible.

Ginny Potter 71331

question (duh)

I hope this is the right way to submit a question; I can't find another way to do it.

When I log into my account and click on "account info" and the "view statistics", my story shows up as it should.

However, I can't access it from anywhere else (i.e., "authors", "search", "titles", "most recent").

Thanks for your help, and sorry if I did this the wrong way. (if this is the wrong way, what's the right way?)