Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SingingWren's Banners

SingingWren
    Maple_and_PheonixFeather: Hehe, it's not like we pay attention in TOK anyways.

Annalise28: Thanks for answering my questions. I was pretty sure that was what a texture was, but I wanted to make sure.

So, here's an attempt. If you'd like me to change anything, please let me know. I'm here to learn!

The hardest part was trying to find a place to put the words in a second font. I'm not sure if I like what I did or not, putting them in the box... I dunno.

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    GOSH! I love love love love love it <3

Two things, I love it the way it is. But I reallyy wanna see what it'll look like in black and white Maybe just keep the 'Heartbeat' in red?

Also, see how the 'stop stealing my heart away' is kinda.. grainy? Like it doesn't look really clear. When you're doing the text, you'll see that there is a thing called hinting. It's automatically ticked, I think. Untick it when using a smaller sized font, as it gets rid of this grainy/pixelly-ness and makes it look all clear and shiny!

I love it. I'm so proud of how quickly you're getting GREAT. And I don't say that often

Oh, and also a quick tip. Usually, if you have a coloured banner, it's best to look for a black and white person. It doesn't disrupt your banner much at all, but in most cases it will look bad. So just be mindful of that

~ Lise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

SingingWren
    Yay, I'm so glad you like it! Here's the black and white version with the fixed text. Thank you so much for that tip, by the way. I had always wondered why small text got so grainy looking, but assumed it was just a problem I'd learn to live with.

Oh, just to be clear, I should or should not use black and white people on coloured banners? Sorry, I must just be tired.

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    Yay, it's lovely! I'll put one of them up straight away!

And as a general rule, no you shouldn't put b&w people on a coloured banner, and vice versa. There are some special cases where it makes a banner look amazing, but most of the time it just makes it look low quality.

Your banner is lovely. I think because the texture colours are so grey near the girl, it still looks fine

Thanks heaps for the banner. Don't stop. Cause with more practice, you can come to the BA with me and be mah buddy.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

SingingWren
    Meh, I might as well post these. These are my two entries into the Ravenclaw Pride Bannermaking Competition. I like the first better than the second. Though considering I spent perhaps 20 minutes on the second, at midnight trying to beat the deadline, guess it's to be expected. Maybe next time I won't leave making my banners till the day of the deadline... Had a lot of fun making the first one though. Thank you so much to Annalise28 for forcing me to discover textures, because they have officially become my new obsession.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Thank you so much to Annalise28 for forcing me to discover textures, because they have officially become my new obsession.
    Textures be awesome! Have a bland, boring space? Add a texture!!! It's like teh great Bannering Band-Aid. Though it's not saying much, my banners became three times better after I discovered texture.

Have I ever told you that I adore your Heartbeat banner? It's just stupidly fabulous. That may sound contradictory, but I'm feelin' ebil. >
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

SingingWren
    ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor:Yay, thank you so much! Stupidly fabulous sounds good

Ok, here's a new one. Ah, I love this song so much, it was only a matter of time before I made a banner for it.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Your new banner is super cute!! I had to read the words carefully though...I found them hardiish to read, but thats just me! Your banner making skills are AWESOME!
    So I watched all hte Potions Masters Corners...so great
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

thegirllikeme
    I LOVE the Heartbeat banner you made. SO pretty.

So...I was wondering if you can make me some avvies. Nothing too fancy, just some avvies with funny quotes from my story Once There Was A Darkness.

Quotes:

1. So you’re suggesting we hang Flint’s underpants from the Astronomy Tower? Yeah, that’ll teach him!

2. We're simply scandalous, aren't we?

3. You look lovely with snow in your hair, Professor Snape. You...You look like a snow angel!

4. “Go on now! Woo her!” “But I don’t want him to woo me.”

5. “Yes, she has your eyes, Severus. But, thank Merlin, she doesn’t have your nose!”

Certainly I don't expect you to make them all, but if you could at least make the last two (4 and 5) that would be brill. I really don't want anything other than the quotes on them, and I trust you with fonts and everything.

Thank you, dear!

Edit: I only sort of glanced over your thread opener and didn't see that you would prefer banner requests, since you don't think you do a good job at avatars, until now. I have complete faith in you, though, if you would like to give this a shot, but if you only want to take banner requests, I understand and you can reject the request.

SingingWren
    Maple_and_PheonixFeather: Hey, thanks!

thegirllikeme: It's true, I didn't intend to do avatars, but I think I'm up for the challenge! Thanks so much for requesting, btw. Oh, just making double sure: you just want the words, no pictures or anything, right? Just wanna make sure.