Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SingingWren's Banners

princessbipolar
    Hey, I really like the set you made.

I was just wondering if it's possible to make a few alterations:

For the quote (both banner and avvie), is it possible to change it to:

''Every murderer is probably someone else's old friend '' sans quotation marks.

And for the banner, to be truthful, I was envisioning something less official... something more of warm colors and everything because although they're a team, they treat each other like family. (does that make sense?).

And can you re-adjust the size of the banner to 500 x 190.

I'm super sorry that I forgot to tell you all these in the previous post. I typed out my request at around midnight, so I probably wasn't in the right mind.

SingingWren
    majestic_ginny: I'm glad you like them! No, I haven't watched either of those shows, but I'd be happy to make banners for them after I've finished princessbipolar's request. It should be no more than two weeks (sorry, school starts again tomorrow )

princessbipolar: Hey, no problem! I wasn't exactly sure what you wanted, so I took my best guess. It might take me up to a week to get the new set to you though, as today is schoolwork catchup day and then classes start again tomorrow.

Oh, and as of right now, I'm UNAVAILABLE. I want to reassess my school situation before accepting any more requests. Can't afford to get behind right before exams.

SingingWren
    I am so sorry to the two people who have requested banners! My life has been busy beyond belief for the past bit, and honestly, this site completely dropped off my mind. I am really sorry, but I can't see myself having time to complete the ones I promised. I am SO SO sorry. Please go request them to another one of these talented bannermakers. I'm sure they'll do a stellar job.

EDIT: I know I just gave up requests, so I have no right to be making my own banners, but I got quite inspired and actually had a spare minute, so here are two. They didn't take very long.

I'm a huge Gleek, and an even huger Klaine fan. Kurt has been my favourite since day one, hands down. I was listening to this song, one which I absolutely love, and it suddenly dawned on me how perfectly the lyrics fit him: "My Body is a Cage" by Arcade Fire.

And the episode "Original Song" inspired me to make this banner. SPOILER ALERT! Kurt's finally free to love who he loves (YAY!). The Beatles wrote such great lyrics. I suppose with their respective themes these two banners make a nice 'before Blaine' and 'after Blaine' pairing.

If anybody wants either, feel free to take them! Just credit, kay?

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    As much as I am not a Klaine shipper, I must say that your Blackbird banner is simply stunning!!!!
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

SingingWren
    Naw, thanks Maple! I appreciate the support (thought you were going to hate it, so this is a pleasant surprise ). I had fun making it!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    I SHIP KLAINE, YO.

AND THE BANNER IS LOVELY.

CAN WE BE BESTIES RIGHT NAO AND JUST SQUEE ABOUT GLEE?

So the banners are lovely. The only crit I can offer is that the blackbird one seems a bit... empty. Also, the quality isn't great (which I totally understand because it's hard to find good screencaps), so I'd suggest using a Sharpening tool and then doing a very small Selective Guassian Blur. Either that or just sharpen and blur where you want, but be careful to leave the detail in the eyes and lips and hair. Also, the bulk of the text (so everything other than 'Free') seem too... bulky. Maybe if you used a smaller text, and one that wasn't so thick, it would fit a bit better. I love the bird, though <3

Also, with the second one, you said in the KA KC thread that it was a bit... off. I think that's because the composition isn't as great as I know you could make it. The line in the middle sort of... splits the image in half, and it's hard for your eye to follow it. Maybe it would work better if you moved the larger Chris over, where the line is vaguely, and use that pretty checkered texture to the right of him, instead. It would add some nice negative space to the banner. Reposition the text a leeettle bit, to what you think looks best. Your natural eye should be able to pick where it best suits the banner.

I hope this helped!

And I really love you [more] now

Klaaaaaaineeee <3 *squees*

*squishes karen*

~ Lise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

SingingWren
    Thanks so much for the critique! I can use all the help I can get. I knew that the lines in the middle didn't quite work, but I couldn't think of anything and I didn't want to do a simple blend. So now I did a simple blend . I incorporated both your and the Banner Critique thread suggestions. Does this look a little better?

Man, I don't think I have ever had as much trouble with text placement as I had with this banner. Had to download about six new fonts to find one I remotely liked, and I could not get them to work in any sort of nice composition. I kind of just gave up.

And OMG a new Gleek! SO HAPPY!!!!!

Midnight Storm
    A Gleek!

*dies*

*regains conciousness*

I s'pose I should critique your banners now, eh? My faves are the Glee ones (duh), but the 'sing me anything' one is pretty squee-worthy, too.

Fact: my most listened song on teh iPod is Blaine's Raise Your Glass.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I STill need to download raise your glass!

Karen! Youre Kurt banner looks 50milliongagilion times better nowwwww!!! I think that you should make me a Glee banner at some point if you ever have time (you know after May 12 when all you have to worry about is French )

I really like the texture on the Kurt banner and the new font. I like it almost as much as your Blackbird banner now

I miss sending banners to each other

And I love love love your avvie! Blaine for the win,

K, that's enough squeeing for now, I'm going to do some studying (because I'm awesome)
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

SingingWren
    Yay, thanks for the squees! I'll for sure make you a banner if I catch a spare minute, but no promises, kay?

So glad it looks better! Many thanks to both of those who gave me advice, you really helped me out.