Thread: Hogwarts Uniform

Midnight Storm

Hogwarts Uniform

Firstly, please forgive me if this is not the right place to ask.

So, the Hogwarts uniform. I've read all the posts about the whole "robes" debate, but I need to know something else: are the uniforms emblazoned with the students' house crest?

Sure, in the movies it's very clear which house a person is in. But I can't work out of the clothing in the books are different.

I'm thinking no, because when Ron and Harry are preparing to drink the polyjuice potion, doesn't Hermione say something about their robes being too small, and needing to find bigger ones? She doesn't mention that they need to be Slytherin robes.

Also, a few pages later, Harry and Ron wrongly assume that Penelope Clearwater is a Slytherin, when she is in fact a Ravenclaw. This leads me to assume that there is no decoration on the robes.

If anybody has any information, please reply!

~Midnight Storm

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I think they're just robes. They buy them at Madam Malkin's before they're Sorted, so wouldn't know which ones to buy.

The only House robes seem to be the Quidditch ones. There's also no mention in the books of crests, which would explain why they assumed Penelope was a Slytherin.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Midnight Storm
    That's what I thought. Thanks very much -- it's necessary in my fic that they're all the same!

Thanks,

~Midnight Storm

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    But remember, by Harry's fifth year all the Prefect badges show your House. (I assume Percy's was just a plain silver Prefect's badge and we know for certain that Ron and Hermione's badges were scarlet and gold.)

But if your story doesn't have to do with Prefects during or after the '95-'96 school year, you should be fine.

Smiles,
    Luna

Midnight Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville's Girl
    But remember, by Harry's fifth year all the Prefect badges show your house. (I assume Percy's was just a plain silver Prefects badge and we know for certain that Ron and Hermione's badges were scarlet and gold.)

But if your story doesn't have to do with Prefects during or after the '95-'96 school year, you should be fine.

Smiles,
    Luna
    Nah, it's a Marauder Era fic, and the main character isn't a Prefect, so I think I'm in the clear!

Smiles back,

~Midnight Storm