Thread: The Sixth Annual Secret SPEW!

Hybrid View

jenny b

The Sixth Annual Secret SPEW!

SECRET SPEW VI!

Sign-ups run from now until November 10th, and assignments will be sent out November 11th.

Stories are due December 23rd, and will be posted beginning December 24th.

Sign-Up Guidelines / Rules:
    • Post your request in this thread by Wednesday, November 10th.
    • Requests should not contain anything inappropriate for MNFF.
    • Do not request a fic if you are not absolutely sure you will be able to take the time to write one for someone else. If you have to pull out due to unforseen circumstances, then please notify me as soon as possible so that I can arrange for another story to be written. I CANNOT stress this enough, guys. It's a killer trying to find someone to write a pinch-hit two days before the fics are to be posted (especially in the Christmas season).
    • This is a SECRET swap. Don't let anyone know who you're writing for under any circumstances. If, of course, you use a SPEWer as your beta then they might figure it out/need to know, but they can't tell anyone either (obviously).
    • Use this format for your request post:
      Character/Pairing(s):
      Prompt(s):

Limitations: (On what you can write)
    • Please try to make all stories wintry or holiday-ish in some way. It doesn't have to be overwhelming, even just the setting. Remember to keep in mind who you're writing for. When requesting, feel free to mention a winter or holiday theme you'd like, or alternatively anything you don't want.

Submission Guidelines / Rules:
    • The story must be beta'd. There are no exceptions. Don't PM to ask if it's really mandatory, I'll say that it is.
    • All stories should be rated appropriately for the person recieving it [meaning their taste, not their age.] If you're writing for someone who does not generally venture into 6th-7th Years / Professors, then do not write that kind of fic. Also, this pertains to content and warnings, as well.
    • Yes. If you wish to include smut and you know the person you're writing for will enjoy reading it, then you may write it.
    • When submitting your story, please include this header:
      <b>Title:</b>
      <b>For:</b>
      <b>Characters/Pairings:</b>
      <b>Rating:</b>
      <b>Warnings (if any):</b>
      <b>A/N:</b>
    • If desired, please also include a note from you to your recipient.
    • Stories should include all HTML tags [<i>italics</i>, <b>bold</b>, etc;]
    • Stories should be PM'd or emailed to me [Jennifer / jenny b] by the due-date.
    • If your story contains any words that may be editted by the forum censor, you must email it to me, or else make a very obvious note to me at the top of your PM, so that I can edit before posting.
    • If you email it to me, please send it as an attachment. Do not put the text in the body of the e-mail. (If you need my e-mail address, either PM me or use your stalking abilities to find it on my profile/LJ/somewhere.)

All stories due December 23rd.

h_vic
    Character/Pairing(s): Charlie/Anyone, Percy/Anyone (I'd prefer neither of those to be in slash pairings though, unless it's Percy/Oliver), Katie Bell/Anyone, Lily/Anyone-except-James, anything involving any Ravenclaws except Luna. Next gen is always good too (but I'd prefer something a little rarer than just Rose/Scorpius or Albus Scorpius). In fact, I love most rarepairs, so if nothing there takes your muse's fancy then go with whatever does.

Prompt(s): I'm not too fussed about it being Christmassy but a really wintery setting would be lovely, and I'd really love a New Year's Eve story.

I have an explicable and utter love for candles in fics, especially wintery fics.

Unusually for me, as it'll be Christmas I actually wouldn't mind a happy or at least hopeful ending, but I'd prefer a bit of a struggle to get there rather than pure fluff.

Smut is of course always welcome, though obviously not essential.

Hmm, prompts ...

I'd absolutely love something inspired by Take That's song Babe (the video to it even has a great wintery feel). If not, then:

"Unsettled hearts
    Promise what they can't deliver
    Bring me the wine
    And the cold night air to clear my head" - Speak the Word, Tracy Chapman

"And I know I make you cry
    I know sometimes you wanna die
    But do you really feel alive without me?
    If so be free
    If not leave him for me
    Before one of us has
    Accidental babies" - Accidental Babies, Damien Rice

Limitations (On what you can write): I'm happy to write any rating (and of course smut). I'm useless with writing humour. I can't write Luna at all. I also can't write James Potter (senior), Dumbledore, Voldemort, Hagrid, McGonagall, Umbridge, Filch, Fred or Crabbe & Goyle (junior or senior). I'm no use with Hermione/Draco or James/Lily, and I'm not much use with Harry/Ginny or Ron/Hermione (unless they are in the background in a next-gen story). I've not really written slash, so I wouldn't necessarily be much good at it, but I can have a go if needed (although I wouldn't be able to write Harry or Severus-based slash).

CoolCatElly
    Character/Pairing(s): In order of preference: *<3 Draco/Hermione <3*, Lily/Scorpius, Lily/James, Katie/Oliver, Harry/Hermione.

Prompt(s): I'd love a wintry setting, but the story doesn't have to be about Christmas or New Year or anything.

In the spirit of the season, I would like the story to have a happy ending, and fluff is perfectly fine as long as it's not too OTT. Smut is fine but not a must, so if you really want to but I would prefer it to be about 6-7th years and not higher. Less is more, if you get my meaning .

Okay, I changed my mind. Forget the pictures, they're vague anyway. Prompt:

A Dream Within A Dream by Edgar Allan Poe

Take this kiss upon the brow!
    And, in parting from you now,
    Thus much let me avow--
    You are not wrong, who deem
    That my days have been a dream;
    Yet if hope has flown away
    In a night, or in a day,
    In a vision, or in none,
    Is it therefore the less gone?
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

xx

Limitations: (On what you can write) I can write any rating, however, I'm going to say no to writing any smut. I can write any characters apart from the teachers (Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, Filch etc.) as well as Luna. Any era is fine, as is any genre. I will not write slash, however.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Character/Pairing(s): Any of Harry's kids, Harry, Random minor characters; Katie/Oliver, Harry/Hermione, any random Next-Gen pairing, a rarepair if you can make it interesting and at least probable
    Prompt(s): Well, fluff attack isn't what I'd prefer. Other than that, I don't care. Surprise me (in a good way).
    Limitations: Um, I'm really much better at higher-rated fics, but outside of a couple non-canon ships that I find laughable (Dramione, Drinny, Snape/Anyone, things that give you a frowny face just thinking about it), I can write anything. Even if you want dirty, awful Harry/Draco, I'll give it a go, mostly because I find it funny. No warning too big or small.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    I cannot resist a Secret Spew! Even though I will probably running around like a headless chicken when it comes to thinking of something to write.

Anyway, my form:

Character/Pairing(s): An older Teddy Lupin (say 16+) though not necessarily in a romance setting (not that interested in Teddy/Victoire though it's all right.) Ron/Hermione obviously, though one or other on their own would do (just don't kill the other one ) Um...any of the trio's generation in the PH era.

Prompt(s): I love a bit of PH, especially post-war fics which give a different twist on the new world. I don't want something too heavy but maybe with some tension/drama/substance/whatever you want to call it Obviously next-gen is another possibility with Teddy but I would like to see something beyond just Teddy and the other next-gen kids at Hogwarts, if that's the direction you choose.

I'm not fussed really - write whatever you're inspired to write even if it doesn't 100% fit here. I guess I'm not too bothered about it being romance or smut - I'd rather something more plot driven.

Limitations: (On what you can write): I cannot write Draco or Snape. At all. I'm also not exactly an expert when it comes to Smut. Fluff I can do - smut, not so much. Ratings/warnings etc are not an issue.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

jenny b
    Character/Pairing(s): Next-gen. (Wow, what a surprise!) A good old Rose/Scorpius would be great, or a Lily/Lysander. I was about to suggest Albus/Anna but then realised Anna is one of my characters, not a HP one. >.> But if you know her and think you can write her, go ahead!

Prompt(s): I want something sweet and innocent and holidayish, but not fluffy. Friendship as a major theme would be excellent. Growing up, moving on, finding a new direction in life. No smut this time! Since we all but turned Spooky Swap into Smutty Swap, I think I'm good for this one.

Limitations: (On what you can write) I have no limitations. Which sounds dodgy. And I don't need to even fill this part out since I won't assign myself something I don't want to write.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Character/Pairing(s): Rose/Scorpius, please! If not, then either Draco/Astoria or Blaise/Gryffindor Girl.

Prompt(s):

Rose/Scorpius - Nearing Christmas time or during would be great. They don't need to be together; I'd actually like it if it was during their "courtship" days, lol. Nothing too cheesy or fluffy, just the right amount of that hopefulness and unabashful-ness (?). Keep it under 7th years, yeah? Oh, and I'd love to read jokes here and there.

Draco/Astoria - Not D/A please. Doesn't need to be during Christmas time. Any rating is fine.

Blaise/Gryffindor Girl - the Gryff could be an OC or a minor character. Also doesn't need to be during Christmas time, and any rating would be alright.

And lastly, the story should go along the lines of The Angel in the House by Coventry Patmore:

He meets, by heavenly chance express,
    The destined maid; seine hidden hand
    Unveils to him that loveliness
    Which others cannot understand.
    His merits in her presence grow,
    To match the promise in her eyes,
    And round her happy footsteps blow,
    The authentic airs of paradise.

Limitations: I absolutely cannot write slash. I've tried and failed horribly. Remus/Tonks, Draco/Ginny, Scorpius/Lily - I'm very weak at those. Smut = Not me. I mean, I can't *write* those. Another thing, I think my specialty is those of rating to 6th-7th years (by default prompt), but if given with a sweet-love prompt, it'll probably be below 5th years. I can do it. I'm fairly good with canon characters, and have a bit of a trouble with minor ones.

Weee, I'm so excited!

Kerichi
    Character/Pairing(s): Irma Pince/Argus Filch and/or Mr. Corbie and Mrs. Norris (her toy poodle, his whatever-she-is cat)

Prompt(s): Not smut, heh, and either an adversarial relationship or tactical friendship between the pets. If someone could pull off a quasi-romantic ending for Irma and Argus that won't turn readers' stomachs, that would be nice too.

Limitations: (On what you can write) I can write anything except smut and slash.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Character/Pairing(s): In order of preference: James/Lily, Harry/Hermione, Lily/Scorpius (Lily Potter junior, by the way... ), Teddy/Victoire.

But really, I would love to read about any of these ships so feel free to pick whatever one suits you best .

Prompt(s): Holiday season would be nice, just because it will be That Time of Year, but it's not a must. I'd rather it not be a D/A fic, or anything super depressing. I really like fics that make me smile--they don't have to be outrageously funny, but a bit of clever humor here and there is always nice. I'd also like not a lot of fluff, if that's all right.

I'm indifferent about the ratings, warnings, and levels of smuttiness--do whatever works best and be creative .

Limitations (On what you can write): Any rating works--however, I've never really written a lot of smut, so while I don't mind writing it, it probably won't be the best ever. I have also never written slash; I'd be willing to try my first time ever with this fic, but it's the same as smut--it might not be super well-written (though I will try). Hm, I find certain characters such as Luna and Dumbledore difficult to write, but I will try them. I'm going to say no to *really* off-the-wall pairings like Snape/Harry, Dumbledore/Voldemort, because I don't get them enough to write them believably.

xx Ariana

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.