Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Penelope Clearwater

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by hestiajones
    It could also be that Penelope was attacked along with Hermione in COS, so she remembered her name by association.

Anyway, I don't think it was ever confirmed if Clearwater was on the list or not. They sort of lost interest with Hermione, didn't they? Muggle-born would be a safe choice.

~Natalie

I think it would be a safe choice either way. The basilisk only went for Muggleborns, so you could argue she was one. You could also argue that was half-blood because Hermione might really have known this (I always got the feeling everyone knew who was a Muggleborn?), and Penelope was only attacked because she was walking out of the library with Hermione, and they both looked at the basilisk at the same time.

I think you could argue either point.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Scarlet Steam Engine
    To equinox chick and hestiajones,
    Up until about thirty seconds ago, I always thought Penelope Clearwater was half blood, and was attacked because she was with Hermione-a muggle born. But then I read the post that mentioned-'four mudbloods and the cat', which Tom riddle definitely did say, in the chamber of secrets-I don't have the book with me now, but I remember him saying something like 'Ginny weasley set the basilisk on the four mudbloods and the squibs cat, and unless I'm wrong (which I very well might be, I'm saying all this by memory) the four 'mudbloods' were Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchey, then Hermione and Penelope together. That makes four, so the only answer I can find is yes, Penelope Clearwater is a muggleborn.
    Tim.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med View Post
    Perhaps even she and Hermione would work together in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
    Yes, maybe. I've read a great fanfic once (A Little More Time by Pallas) in which she worked for the Departmeny of Mysteries. I've always pictured her al having hazel eyes and reddish-brown, slightly frizzy, loosely wavy hair and a competative, slightly bossy yet outgoing personallity. She pays attention to Quidditch, yet doesn't play, leaving me to think that she is determined to succeed in school, so maybe she wants to proove herself to the rest of Hogwarts, showing that, perhaps, she is Muggleborn.