Closed Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 21

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Gina & Soraya - I am trying to trouble shoot this issue but I may have to dig up an old (reliable) resource to get more solid answers. Please check your account in both places (the beta boards and the archives) and make sure your contact info is current. Send me a PM once you have done this and I will try working with you from there.

*determined to get a solid answer, finally*

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Virgil: I had a password reminder sent to you. Your account is still active so there is hope there! Stay sane and we shall overcome this debacle, hehe.

~ Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

iamlordvoldemort

This is Virgil.... IN DISGUISE

Hi,

This is Virgil. I'm using an account that's no longer really active (it belongs to a friend of mine who unfortunately doesn't write fanfiction anymore) and I suppose I have no proof that this is really me, but... yeah. You might have noticed that I've disappeared over the last couple weeks. (Maybe you haven't; I don't know.) This is because, to my utter dismay, I cannot log into my account.

Allow me to explain.

A few weeks ago, I decided that my password was too easy to guess, so I pressed the button that says "Forgot password? Click here and enter your email to reset it, and we'll send you a message that will tell you how to change it...." and I entered my email, etc.

When I got the message a few moments later in my gmail inbox, it gave me a link that looks like this:
    To reset your password, please visit the following page:
    http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...230&i=10198321

When I clicked on the link, however, it claimed that "The request to reset your password was made more than 24 hours ago, so it has expired." Of course, the request had only been sent a few moments prior. I've tried dozens of times since then - I've even waited a few days to see if it will resolve itself, but alas. I continue to get the same results.

Please, please, please; I'm begging you; please help me figure out how to rectify this. I can't contact my beta (I can still access my archives account, though, so I attached a cry for help with my chapter update to Ascendio) and although I suppose I could make a new account with a different email address, I really don't want to go through the logistics of getting Sorted again, etc.

I miss the forums please help me.

With all sincerity,
    Virgil

Edit: @NikkiSue - I didn't receive the password reminder, but I'm still trying. I suppose I'll be able to stay sane for a little while longer @.@

Midnight Storm
    I had NO IDEA where to ask this question, so I've settled in Ask A Mod.

Anyway, I have a plotbunny that's been stuck in my head for a couple of weeks, and it is this: A child coming from a very, very Catholc family receives a letter telling them they have been accepted at Hogwarts. Obviously, Catholics do not believe in witchcraft. The plan is to write about how the child and their family deal with this.

Would I be allowed to send this in?

I do not want to be the reason for an onine war of religions, you know what I mean? I understand this could be an extremely offensive story to those who are not Catholic, but I would make that clear in the summary.

Thanks!
    ~Midnight Storm

Colores
    Midnight Storm - We have accepted such stories before. As long as it is sensitively and well written, it should not be a problem (though admittedly, "sensitively and well written" are difficult to achieve in and of themselves)

6. 01-19-2011, 11:32 PM

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    What's With Mars?
    I have a question. There are a ton of new members who are joining who always have a strange username, their biography is 'man' their location is a place, their interests are their username, and their occupation is another location (all locations are in the US). They always have an IM or something that is a series of numbers. Who/what are these members?? Do you know?
    INDEFINITE HIATUS

AMAZING banner by Julia (theopaleye)

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Fawkes, those are generallly spambots. There are a ton of them on our forums, and the mods work hard to make sure users are as inconvenienced by them as possible, with moderated posts, certain (very appreciated) mods spending their time compiling a list of all the spambot IP addresses, and admins banning those addresses.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    I have a question. What's the Duelling Club all about? I know it's where authors quiz other authors about their work and everything, but do you have to be part of SPEW or anything to join in? Or can you just duel? Call me dim, but I don't really understand how it works.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Colores
    babewithbrains - You don't have to be a member of anything to join Duelling Club. You can just duel!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    my friend artsy_werewolf is having the same problem as Virgil. She would really like to be able to get on and join the forums, but hasn't been able to. She started having trouble with it before Christmas because she was logging on to find out about the Great Hall challenge. Umm... is there anything someone could do to help her?

Closed Thread