Closed Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 21

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    babewithbrains: I'd like to add that the warning often goes up as far as profanity when it shifts from a character yelling out in frustration at something or someone and switches to a story where the profanity is used is a more casual manner. (especially seeing as words like that were never used in the books so they would already probably be OOC.)

. . . but that's just my humble opinion. :-)

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Hello moderators,

I've just got a new story validated on the archives, and today I tried to add an illustration to this chapter by adding a link directly to it (just the illustration, not a site) in the End Notes. Of course, I then discovered that we're not allowed to post links within stories. I'm worried that adding a list of chapter illustrations for a particular story on my author's page would be cluttering and very far removed from the story itself, so I was wondering, is there another way I could include these illustrations within the end notes of the chapters? Or, any other suggestions as to how to make this work?

Thanks in advance
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Hi mods,

I don't know if this has been answered already, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the archives in the past couple of days. Usually, I receive emails telling me that my story has been validated/rejected, but for the last chapter, I didn't receive an email on validation. Sometimes this happens, but I noticed it as a bigger problem now that I'm not receiving emails when I get my reviews. I got one for the recently updated chapter, but not for the other two reviews for the same chapter. I haven't done anything with the options on the account recently either.

Thanks!
    Mercy

~*~Duelling~*~Writing~*~Drabble-ing?~*~Felix Lupin~*~
    Positively amazing A Mix of Alliances and Sentiments trailer by lunaselenia.

Beautiful banner by the talented the opaleye. Indefinite hiatus due to university.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    FYI, this has just started happening to me as well - no review emails. And I dearly love those emails. I know it's happened to other people but I also believe that it worked itself out for some of them. I don't know how, though. Is it something on our end or the software's end?
    Thanks,
    ~Gina

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    Hello!

I'd like to direct someone's attention to this thread:
    http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...441#post420441

A spambot posted in my KA thread, and I figured I'd let you know here so it can be taken care of.

Also on this note, I've been noticing a lot of spambots popping up. Is there a specific way to report them that we, as members, should follow? I've been PMing a mod or admin the usernames when there's a sudden influx of them, but I don't want to be causing a bother by doing that wrong.
    Thanks!
    xxSelina

Colores
    Selina - You are doing the right thing by PM'ing the names to mods or admins. Ritta (mugglemathdork) is our go-to mod for spambot banning, but you can PM anyone on the mod team.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    Bit of a stupid question, but on the MNFF site, in the Featured Stories bit, why are they featured? Did they win some kind of award? I assumed this much, as I think there are medals in their summary, but what did they win, because I've never seen it being specified, and I've always wondered about this. Sorry if you think this is a stupid question--just seriously, I don't know.

Thanks!

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Colores
    babewithbrains - Featured stories are selected by mods, who choose stories that they have particularly enjoyed in order to promote them on the site. Featured stories rotate on a monthly (or so) schedule.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi mods,
    I tried tweaking/resetting some of my preferences on MNFF and logging in/logging out, etc. etc. to see if I might get notification emails again, but it didn't work. I checked my spam settings at my email but MNFF wasn't blocked. I even changed my email address to a different service - from yahoo to AOL - and it is still not working. So I am wondering if they are even being sent. Is there a way to check on your end? Because it seems unlikely both of these email addresses would reject the email notifications all of a sudden, especially without telling me. While I can check for reviews on my 'Reviews Received' page, I miss knowing that an author has responded to a review (trolling through my own review page to find it is a bit tedious...) or getting Favorites notifications delivered right to me.
    Thanks for any help!
    ~Gina

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    I am also not getting any review emails and I agree with Gina that I really do love getting review notifications. I'm also not getting any notifications when an author responds to my review or when my story is validated or when any of my favourite authors update. I'd really appreciate it if you could fix this as I do prefer being notified for any of the above action on MNFF. Thanks very much.

~Soraya~

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Closed Thread