Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 21

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi mods,
    I have a question about stories written pre-DH. I wrote two holiday stories back in 2006 and published them on MNFF. Obviously, they did not fit with post-DH canon. Last year I took both stories and combined them into a single story with two parts, revising them so that they fit with canon after DH. I did not share them here, and I am wondering if I could, but still leave the originals up? Or should I take the original stories down? The new story has a different title, and I thoroughly explain the situation in my author's note. I think it's sort of an interesting look back at my pre-DH thinking, plus I'd hate to lose the reviews, but I did want to ask.
    Thanks!
    ~Gina

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Gina,

It's your author page, and so I would say you are free to rearrange and post new stories as you see fit. So as long as there's a note so as not to confuse any people who read both stories, then I don't think anyone is going to force you to delete one.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Third Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    I know this is probably a dumb question with an obvious answer, but I have joined the Students group and really want to take some classes. Do I have to wait for a new term to begin in order to start a class, or can I join in the middle? It just seems a bit confusing, and the answer is probably in some old thread, but I can't find an answer. I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, either...
    ~Rissy

That beautiful banner was made by Annalise!

Vous parlez franšais? Slytherin
    Filch is a Squib!
    FlightOfSong: Unfortunately, you'll have to wait for a new term to begin to be able to join some classes. Sign-ups usually take place when we announce the start of the new term, just keep an eye open for them. Winter term should start somewhere in January.

Banner by bittersweet_lullaby! Let's go back in time!

timeturner

Through the Keyhole

Can anyone tell me what kind of stories are in the new Through the Keyhole book. Are they Harry Potter FanFiction stories or original stories written by FanFiction writers?

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Quote Originally Posted by timeturner
    Can anyone tell me what kind of stories are in the new Through the Keyhole book. Are they Harry Potter FanFiction stories or original stories written by FanFiction writers?

They are original short stories written by FanFiction writers from this site
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Midnight Storm

Warnings Page

I was just wondering about the "warnings page." In the submission rules and guidelines, it has the following:

[Warnings] - If warnings are necessary, please add them to your fiction to avoid offending unwary readers. A complete list, with explanations, is available here *link to Warnings Page*.
    But there isn't actually a link to the page.

Does anybody know where I can find it?

~Midnight Storm

Vous parlez franšais? Slytherin
    Filch is a Squib!
    Midnight Storm: If you go to the Help section on the archives, you will find a link taking you to a partial list of all the warnings you can add to your submission. There were a few others added over time as you will probably notice when submitting a story. Here's the exact link: click here.

Banner by bittersweet_lullaby! Let's go back in time!

fizzingwizzbee
    Hey,
    I'm having some issues finding the sorting hat to get sorted.
    I feel a little daft for this but if anybody can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    RE: Status messages.

I know we had this discussion about a year ago and the status messages were updated but .... I've been 'Lost in the Maze' for ages.

Will there be any more messages added?

I'm sure we could all suggest a few like we did last time.

~Carole~

Nicole's edit: Maybe, Carole, it's because no one has reached the posting level that you have and you've intimidated those who change the little status messages . . . Kidding; I really don't have an answer for you but I'll poke around.

EDIT: Molly (Olive_Oil Med) is on a similar level. if we keep going like this, we'll bump into each other in the maze.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Closed Thread