Closed Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 21

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Soraya - Your question has been answered numerous times in various Ask a Mod threads. Please read over the FAQ's next time.

HERE

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

princessbipolar
    Okay, I'm not sure if the question fits in this thread but here goes:

Is it possible to change the username of my Mugglenet fanfiction account? I was planning on change my original name '' Immunity '' to my forum name.

I do know this is highly impossible so here's another question: Is it possible for us to delete the account and resubmit the stories in a new account under a new name then?

Much thanks

~Jane

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Can we make challanges for other authors to take part in as long as we post all rules and stuff like that?If so,where do we post them?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    princessbipolar: You are unable to change your screen name once you are registered. We do not encourage deleting accounts in order to satisfy a name change.

iwannabeanauror: Only the moderators of a given thread are permitted to initiate challenges for the members on the boards. You are welcome, however, to contact the moderator if you feel strongly about an idea and ask if they would like to hear what you have to say.

~NikkiSue

Banner by SimplyBeing

5. 03-16-2011, 06:53 AM

6. 03-16-2011, 03:49 PM

7. 03-17-2011, 02:07 PM

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

Hello, I'd hate to bother you again (especially if this is NikkiSue), but I've a story that's been in queue for 11 days. I know you have lives, so I wasn't going to say anything, and, perhaps, this is my fault. Yes, I have e-mailed the moderator, and I'm in no rush. Hope I'm not overstepping lines here. Just so I know for future reference, what's the waiting period on the queue?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Miss Kuri - I have notified one of the mods who has been working with you and am awaiting a reply. If I don't hear from them by the end of the weekend, I will take care of it myself.

~Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing

keara96
    When I try to post in my thread in Excerpts of Murtlap, I get a message that says "The website is unable to display the webpage." and "HTTP 501 Not Implemented"
    I've posted in other threads and this doen't show up. Is it something with my computer or with this site? I don't know if you'll be able to help, but if you could that'd be great.
    Thanks!
    ~Elizabeth

EDIT: I got my thing to post, but it was still being wierd and wouldn't let me post it all at once. I had to do it in little sections, by editing, and delete a few things.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    This chapter disappeared from the queue a few weeks ago, was rejected once and I'm pretty sure has now been in the queue more than a week- but because of the other stuff I may just feel like it's been in the queue longer than it actually has (sorry if that's the case)

Story Title: Thin Red Lines
    Chapter Title: Chapter 16- Augustus
    Pen Name: welshdevondragon
    Category: D/ A
    Approximate Date of Submission: 11th March I think

If it hasn't been in the queue that long then sorry to have bothered you- Alex
    Banner by Minna.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Alex - your story is still there, and date-stamped the 12th. It's second in the D/A section so you shouldn't be waiting too much longer.

As a general announcement: Recently, we have been operating with a smaller number of mods that we have been used to in the past, and as a result, if even just one or two of them run into issues, the queue can get backed up very quickly, as it has been doing in the last couple of weeks. We are doing our best to adjust and catch up as quickly as possible and we are genuinely sorry that some of you are having to wait to longer for your stories to be modded. Thank you for being patient with us so far, and I hope you can continue being patient for a bit longer. If you can still see the story in the 'Manage Stories' section of your account (Use the view chapters button if it's part of a chaptered fic) then it is still there, and someone will get to it as soon as they honestly can. You only really need to worry if the chapter vanishes with no explanation. If you are really desperate to check on the status, then please contact the category mod directly (a current list can be found on the main page of the archives). If you get no response from them within a reasonable time limit then you can contact one of the admins (NikkiSue, Colores, mudbloodproud, Phoenix5225) or me if you like, since I am currently a sweeper which means I have no category and am one of those responsible for ensuring stories don't creep over their limits.

I hope this answers a lot of the recent questions about stories in the queue.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

13. 03-23-2011, 12:53 AM

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Hey mods,

I've been having sign-in problems too, but of a different variety.

I know that the forums automatically log users out if they've been inactive for a certain amount of time, but sometimes right after I log in, if I click a sub forum (say, Hufflepuff) that is only visible to logged in users, I'll get a warning message saying I need to log in again.

I'm fairly sure that this is not related to my Internet because I've gotten it at home, at my university apartment and at my boyfriend's apartment.

Thanks.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Closed Thread