Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 21

Second Year Gryffindor
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Question ?

I was wondering when I get a rejection letter and it says I have Capitalization problems. Does it mean a name like harry? or, Does it refer to when I have a character says something like "Well, of CORCE I'm going STUPID!"?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Evens
    I was wondering when I get a rejection letter and it says I have Capitalization problems. Does it mean a name like harry? or, Does it refer to when I have a character says something like "Well, of CORCE I'm going STUPID!"?
    Gwen: (I love your name by the way) Often times if I am rejecting a story for improper capitalization, it can be anything from proper names and places to Potterwords such as Muggle, Number Twelve Grimmauld Place, etc. (though if it is a Potterword, I will give them a head's up to read up on the way JKR does things)

It could also be something as simple as capitalizing the first word in a sentence, using lowercase words instead of proper grammar in your summary and author notes . . . If you and your beta - and that is always something we recommend and plead is authors use a beta - do not see any errors, PM the moderator and ask them if they would help you. If they are too busy, try me instead. I won't beta the story but I can give a detailed reason as to why it was rejected.

How's that for a detailed reply? :-)

~Nicole

Edit: With consideration to your two examples, the second one would be grounds for rejection for me because using italics is just as - if not more - effective in showing stress on a word. Capitalizing the entire word just doesn't cut it . . . for me, anyways!
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Hello friendly moderators!
    Haha. Anyways, I saw that the rules say I might want to ask someone what's up if my story has been in the queue for over a week, and it's been there for around 8 days. I thought I would post here first to see if maybe there was just a big backlog right now, or if I needed to email someone.
    Thanks for your help!
    -Claire

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Claire: The only thing you have in the queue is date stamped the 14th. Either this is a new one and the original story has since been moderated or you've edited it and it bumped you to the bottom again.

~Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing

5. 12-16-2010, 04:01 AM

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    (Just in case there's any confusion, my name on MNFF is xxbabewithbrainsxx.)

I have an issue with selecting an author as a favourite author. It won't let me. It just goes to another page, with the header of "Favourite Authors" and then it just says "No results found." Can you fix this, please? Not being able to get any notifications if an author updates is really frustrating. Thanks.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    I know this has been asked, but I haven't seen an answer.

On the main site how do you remove favorites?

Thanks
    -Meg

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Ermmm...I sort of refreshed the Manage Stories page twice but I think I had gotten to it just after submitting and now it thinks I submitted the story "A Time to Weep and a Time to Laugh" three times. Or at least it shows it three times on the Manage Stories page. Is this bad/how do I get rid of it?

Kara Edit: No worries, Minna, I took care of it. It happened to me before, too.

hpheart
    Hey Modlies.

I know this has already been answered, possibly many times, but I just want to clarify - If I were to post the story I have in the archives on fanfiction.net, that would be acceptable, right?

Bethan

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Bethan - You are free to post your fiction anywhere you wish. Our rules simply state you may not post offsite links leading people to said fanfiction sites.

~Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing

Third Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    Is there anything I can do about the time? Because I forgot to change the time zone when I registered and now everything's all off...

Edit: Nevermind, somebody answered my question!
    ~Rissy

That beautiful banner was made by Annalise!

Closed Thread