Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 21

Siriussirius

Posting Poetry!

Hi, I'm trying to post a poem on Mugglenet fanfiction, but there doesn't seem to be a Poetry genre available for me to select under the Category Options section! How do I proceed from here?

Vous parlez franšais? Slytherin
    Filch is a Squib!
    Siriussirius: When you're submitting your poem, in the Category options, you have to select General fics, then the sub-categories will appear. That's when the Poetry cat will show up. Don't forget, you can't submit to more than one category, so just choose the Poetry one, not both General and Poetry.

Banner by bittersweet_lullaby! Let's go back in time!

rainismusic
    Hi, I've been trying to contact the SortingHat, and I'm not getting any PMs. I've cleared my PMs and all. Is there a new way to get Sorted?

Hi, I'm trying to get Sorted. I'm new, you see. I tried contacting the SortingHat. It's been hours and I haven't been getting any replies. I've cleared my PMs and all. Is there a new way of being Sorted? Have I not been informed of it? Sorry to bother.

Masquerade
    My posts aren't showing up. (I'm not sure if this has shown up either). Is there a reason for this?

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    rainismusic - As the Sorting is handled manually by the mod-team (even though it is through the Sorting Hat's name), it may take up to a couple of days until someone has the time to do the Sorting. Patience is the key.

Masquerade - Unsorted members are moderated, that means we mods have to manually approve your posts. Depending on who mods which subforum and their availability to check on moderated posts/threads, it may take some time until your posts show up. But they are there, so no need to double post or anything. If you want to avoid being moderated, get Sorted. If you belong to one of the four houses, your posts will show up immediately.

A note at the end: These questions are answered in the FAQ and old "Ask a Mod" threads which are searchable! If still in doubt, Dumbledore's Navy is more than willing to help you, too.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Simply Being
    Hello,
    I'm having technical difficulties with my posts. They aren't going in the order they are supposed to be in. My posts will appear before the very first post in the entire thread, or before a post that actually came after mine. Please help!
    Thanks,
    Danielle

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldnĺt Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Danielle,
    This as well as avatars disappearing has been an on-going issue. The entire mod and admin staff is aware of the issues. We are trying to figure out a solution.

If you notice a post has time-jumped, go back in and edit your post with a note as to where it should be. For example, 'this post should be after so and sos'.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Midnight Storm

Banners?

I'm not sure if this is where I'm meant to ask.. but how do I put a banner in my signaature? I can't work it out

I'm sure the answer is really obvious, but can someone please tell me?

Justice

Sorting

I was sorted into Gryffindor about three weeks ago, but my House has yet to show up under my name. I also don't have access to my House common room or the additional forums. Is there something I need to do to get this to show up? I am not sure if I am missing something. Thanks in advance.

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Midnight Storm, there's a post here that should explain all you need to know!

Justice, you should be able to see the Gryffindor common room now.

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

Closed Thread