Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SPEW Babble #43

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I might foreign exchange next year in Italy!! I'm so excited (even though the only thing I can say in Italian is "airplane" and "you're welcome")! I wanted to go to France, since I'm actually taking French, but the lady said the academics there are really hard and it will be even more difficult to take it in a language I don't fully speak.
    But this is only a MIGHT, because my dad doesn't really want me to .

Do you still read cliches every now and then?
    With so many people writing fanfiction and only a few plots to go around, I think it's almost impossible to fully avoid clichés. I don't mind reading them as long as they're well-written and the author puts his/her own spin on it (although, I refuse to read Remus-is-obsessed-with-chocolate fics. That's just the most ridiculous cliché to be invented!).

xx Ariana

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Vorona
    I feel so old! Seriously: I might get to go to France next year as a chaperone! I'm tutoring a girl in French right now, and 15 of the students in her class are going to France. The parents are all bickering about who should chaperone, and the girl's mom said she's going to suggest to the teacher that he take me instead of a parent because I'm going to be a teacher and that way, 1) I would be more likely to care about the kids than sightseeing (he apparently said he hates taking parents because they want to go off and do their own thing all the time) and 2) he wouldn't have to decide which parent to take, since he can only take one.

I never expected her to say that. I've been wanting to get back to France for years! (Last time I was there was 1998.)

On the topic of cliches, I forgot to mention that I do kind of like evil and debauched Dark Revels . . .

Ariana - I'm sorry your dad doesn't want you to go to Europe. Hopefully, he'll let you go!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa
    And this is going to sound weird, but Jess, I have to thank you for using bigger words in your stories. At lease half of my vocab words have been in one of your stories and I know what they mean because of you. Sounds crazy, but I needed to thank you for it.
    Aww, you're welcome. Those bigger words exist so we don't have to use a bunch of littler ones to say the same thing. I'm glad I could be of service.

It's going to be weird around here without you, since we've both been in SPEW around the same amount of time. Here's to school not eating you alive and amazing concerts!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah
    I like angsty, passionate, forbidden love-type stories. Fluff generally makes me feel a little ill (unless of course it's Katie/Oliver). I don't mind a happy ending, but I do prefer a struggle to get there at least. And I love rarepairs, particularly if they seem really unlikely at first glance but the author can make me believe in them (unlike the crack!pairings of doom, which clearly need a spork and some brain bleach, as Jess would agree).

As for clichés, the one I do have a slightly embarrassing love for is masquerade balls.

But the likes of Head Dorms and most of the James/Lily ones tend to make me cringe.
    I so couldn't agree more. All of it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I might get to go to France next year as a chaperone!
    Ooh, I hope you get to go! That sounds like so much fun.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Amortentia x
    -pops in-

Just realised I never actually posted to say goodbye

I'll still stalk the babble thread, and will hopefully continue to chat on the rare occasions I'm alive and able to converse! And stalk everyone's LJ of course

But yeah. I'll miss you guys so much! Hopefully I'll come back soon. Life is just so incredibly busy right now. Keep rocking, SPEWlings! <3

Mucho smooches

--Emma

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    I can't believe I missed so much.

Vorona/Veronica: Happy Belated Birthday! Maligayang Bati! (that's how you say it in Tagalog ) I hope you had an awesome, big, sweet birthday cake to go along your fanastic birthday!

Emma & Alyssa: No way. I've only been here for a month and you guys are taking the hiatus hat? Nooooooooo! Goodluck with your schoolwork! Hope you guys come back soon!

Jess: I have to agree with Alyssa; half of my vocab came from you and Hannah, too. Thanks for being such smarty-pants!

Ariana: Italy. France. How could your dad not let you experience the wonerful world? GAH, I'd give an arm to be an exchange student in Europe! Hope you get to go! I'm sure it'll be amaaaazing.

As for AIM, it's all luck's fault! I go to AIM almost everyday (my life is so very boring), and I keep missing the SPEW chats! Darn. One thing I'm wondering is why my teachers don't give me as much homework as you all are being given. Like, I have the rest of my afternoon off after school. Huh.

Oh, and I'm about to do my own henna tattoo design on my arm and leg! YESSSSS.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I can't believe I forgot to say: GOODBYE, Emma and Alyssa!
    I hope both of you come back soon

So, I had almost no homework today, which I'm so incredibly psyched about (I can't remember a day as free as this since the beginning of last year...). I am devoting the rest of today for writing, because I haven't been able to do that in SOOOOO long!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Beibster
    Like, I have the rest of my afternoon off after school. Huh.
    You. Are. So. Lucky!! I really should transfer into your school--even if it is completely across the country! Oh, I forgot to ask you, what math are you doing this year?

Oh, and I'm about to do my own henna tattoo design on my arm and leg! YESSSSS.
    NICE! I could never make my own design...I've gotten some done before weddings and such but I've never done my own .

xx Ariana

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

CoolCatElly
    Hello SPEW!!!

Wow I miss you guys. I'm writing this in my iPhone (one if the few times I get signal so better make the most of it!!) in a motorhome on my way over from Scotland to the isle of Sky. It's so gorgeous here! We were just at the castle they filmed Made of Honour at :-)

Who else is SUper Excited about classes btw?!?!

Eep this is eating my phones battery. Just wanted to pop in and say hi, aslo, byebye to the hiatus people

xxxx

Vorona
    Thanks for the belated birthday wishes . . . my parents got me a MacBook!

I'd been thinking of getting one for a long time, and then I was playing with the one we just got for my mom's birthday. Scrivener is about the most drool-worthy software I think I've ever come across. I just cannot describe the awesomeness that is Scrivener. They're coming up with a Windows version soon, which is doubly exciting because it means I can use it on both my computers (so weird . . . I've never had more than one computer before).

Evora - thanks for the Tagalog! I love languages. And the henna tattoo sounds cool, too! When I was a counselor at French camp, there was a Moroccan counselor there, too, and she showed us some of her henna designs. It was really fascinating.

Ariana - I'm glad you got some time for writing. I wish I did!

Elene - Your travels sound gorgeous. And I'm always excited about classes, even if they do take up a lot of my time . . . wait, are you talking about the new Hogwarts classes? Yes, I'm excited about them, too, but I probably won't be able to take any, since I don't have any time.

Last night I was sick with my stupid stomach thing, so I've been stuck at home doing homework and eating only bland food all day. I really dislike bland food, but it's better to make sure I'm done and well before introducing anything interesting into the diet again. Shame -- I was going to get some hot wings tonight.

I think I'm just babbling senselessly now, so I should go and actually try to accomplish something.

jenny b
    Where have you all disappeared to, SPEW? Come back and babble!

This morning I woke up a nice surprise - the very first Spooky Swap story in my inbox! So I'm just here to remind you all that there's less than three weeks until they're due in on the 28th of October.

Get writing, SPEWers! (And that means me too ... eep!)

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    I would babble more, but I'm busy hiding in fear from the SSS I started. It's eating me alive. It has a spork and hot sauce and cheese to sprinkle on my rent carcass and everything. It be ebil.

NEW TQ!!! How will you be spending your Halloween, SPEW?

Yes, I'm aware that this was a lame TQ. >.>
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.