Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SPEW Babble #43

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    It is well-done. It really is. In fact, in terms of canon, this is probably one of the closest to canon movies since Chamber of Secrets.
    I agree with you whole-heartedly. And for me, in some parts, they made it more interesting than the books. I just love the movie. I love it so much. That was the best Harry Potter movie (besides the first one). I can't wait for the second one to come out. Btw, congratulations, Jess! You finished your NaNo! Woooooo!

Anyway, swimming has been eating me. Anyone started on the Christmas Swap already?

GAAAAAAAAAAH. Can't get over the movie. I really really really want to watch it again.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinny :)
    GAAAAAAAAAAH. Can't get over the movie. I really really really want to watch it again.
    I really liked it; I've seen it twice (once with my friend, once with my sister). A few things I was watching and thought "Whaaaaat?" but I did think it was a drastic improvement from the last four movies. I loved the little details they added like Bellatrix's hair falling in slow-mo onto Hermione's sweater. And Scabior (I must admit, I had no idea who that guy was supposed to be while I was watching the movie) was sort of amazing . Although when Part 2 comes out, I think I'm going to have to watch Part 1 and then quickly dash over to the theater, watching the next part immediately after, because I did think there was a sense of almost anti-climacticness at the end, where it didn't seem completely resolved. I wish both parts came out at the same time, I think it would have been so much amazinger.

And as of now I am 2/5ths of the way done with my finals. I really can't wait until Thanksgiving because I'll be so much less busy than I have been. I still have to do the MWPP and Missing Moments drabbles...better get started on those .

Oh, and I finally got a LiveJournal! My username is: lucca_ariana if anyone cares .

Hasta la vista!

x Ariana

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

MerryD
    *pokes*

Where is everyone, SPEWlings? It's so quiet in here, you can hear me poking you. *poke poke*

I can't believe it's December already! It seems like it was July just yesterday. >.> I hope you all are having lovely holiday seasons.

I currently have exams right now, but they're mock exams, so they don't really count, so I'm not studying very much . . .

I'm working very hard on my college applications, though! (because that somehow validates my lack of motivation towards studying )

Ariana, I tried to add you on lj, but couldn't find you for some reason . . . edit: but Jess could and showed me the way! so, I'm that random person that just added you.

*squishes SPEW*

--Mere

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

Hello, man, I've been absent for a year and a day. Mere, I'm on the flipside of that coin going through my final FINAL exams. I leave university in less than 10 days and am currently searching though applications. (I told the Marine he can finally start a countdown with it being offically December and all...)

Oh, the movie? It gives the book a nod of justice, which, yes, surprised me. Who doesn't love the house-elves? I mean, scrap everything else, and that would have made my night. My sister cried while I laughed at her tears. She didn't know the story, but she'll be reading it now. I kept thinking, 'This is rather difficult for those who haven't read it' as I answered her questions through the thing. The Tale of Three Brothers was done with fine graphic arts. I enjoyed that perhaps more than anything. Jess is right about the canon thing, so, confusing or not, it followed a plotline without all the unneccessary drama. Oh, and the actor who played Bill was cute, so it's always nice to look at something lovely in a show. Nuff said.

jenny b
    Wake up, SPEW! It's been so dead in here. Everyone's been working on their Secret SPEW fics, hmm? Well I come bearing an announcement.

Partly because I am lazy but mostly because it's nearly Christmas and I know how busy everyone is, there will be NO REQUIREMENTS for the month of December. The only things you have to do is make sure you finish Secret SPEW if you're doing it. There shouldn't be any excuses now that you don't have to do your requirements.

Apart from that, let's crack open the Butterbeer and have a little fun in here! Come on guys, it's two weeks until Christmas! What are your plans?

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    *does happy dance*

Yay, it's one more thing I can cross off my bastard to-do list! I may not celebrate Christmas, but I'll take it.

Edit due to overt spamminess:

TQ: I personally have a 'goal fic', the one story that I feel like I have to write, and it's basically what I started for 007. Do you all have anything that you just feel like you need to write no matter what?
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

QSQ-worthy banner by Minna / minnabird.

Vorona
    Christmas plans? Relax! I have three little things left for finals, then two weeks off of school. I'm really looking forward to it, even though I have extra work at my "day job". It's still going to be more relaxing than trying to juggle two jobs, school, and observation.

Next semester looks to be a doozy though.

Goal fic? I used to, but not really anymore. The series I wrote around my first fanfiction ever, the Secret Papers of Regulus Black used to be my goal fic, but I haven't written on that in probably three years. Now I'm working on another long one - Love Remains the Same - but I don't know if I'll ever finish it. In a way that's my goal fic, since it's the one I'd return to if I had the time for it. Maybe over break!

jenny b
    I'm going to disappear for a couple of weeks--I'm taking my precious computer to a friend so he can fix it, and I'm not sure when I'll see him again to get it back. If you have any urgent SPEW queries, I'll still have sporadic internet access (by stealing my housemate's computer, bwahaha) but I don't think you should have many problems seeing as there aren't any requirements this month.

But this means that everyone REALLY needs to finish their Secret SPEW fics on time. I will not have the time nor the patience to go chasing them up, especially without my laptop, so I need you all to just send them in on time so I can quickly post them to the comm without having to worry about someone not getting one. They're due in a week and a half, guys, so get your butts moving!

Alright. Don't go too crazy while I'm gone.

MerryD
    oh, Jen, you just saved my life. I love you. <3

guyssssss. My college apps are due in like 18 days . . . >.<

I don't have any Christmas plans this year as the country I'm currently in doesn't really celebrate it . . . I think my parents are going to send me a Christmas box though! So I'll still get presents.

*goes crazy while Jen is gone*

;]

--Mere

jenny b
    Just in case you've all forgotten:

SECRET SPEW FICS ARE DUE ON THE 23RD.

I have ONE fic so far. Get your butts moving, guys!