Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPEW Babble #43

Hybrid View

jenny b

SPEW Babble #43

Last time in the babble:

• We welcomed Dinny!
    • There was lots of talk about books.
    • We discussed possible chat times, but this weekend seems to not be working out for most of you.
    • Everyone seems to speak French except for me. >.>
    • Jess likes not going to school. I agree with this. University is MUCH better.

That's all I've got for you, since I AM SO HUNGRY AND NEED FOOD RIGHT NOW BEFORE I COLLAPSE OF STARVATION GAH.

Babble away, SPEWlings!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    * We welcomed Dinny!
    Very much so.

* There was lots of talk about books.
    About which I know nothing. I'm other series-impaired now that I've been sucked into HP.

* We discussed possible chat times, but this weekend seems to not be working out for most of you.
    Actually, this weekend was looking perfect for me since I don't have to work today.

* Everyone seems to speak French except for me. >.>
    Aww, it's a wonderful language. You could always wing it with Google and pretend you know what you're doing. I'm so rusty after school that any foreign language is like that for me.

* Jess likes not going to school. I agree with this. University is MUCH better.
    I suppose that I'm just lazy, because that doesn't sound any better to me, lol. I fail at responsibility and commitment. The only commitment at which I would succeed is the kind where they lock me up in a padded cell. XD
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    •Everyone seems to speak French except for me. >.>
    I can't speak French! Except some very basic and limited things I learnt when I was about ten. I know quite a range of basic German, though.

I'm not sure I've said welcome to Dinny, so welcome! You're gonna love it here! And that's all I have to say.

xx

CoolCatElly
    * Jess likes not going to school. I agree with this. University is MUCH better*
    I suppose that I'm just lazy, because that doesn't sound any better to me, lol. I fail at responsibility and commitment. The only commitment at which I would succeed is the kind where they lock me up in a padded cell. XD
    hahaha, I find this very funny because me and my friends have a running inside joke about being taken to that happy place with the soft bouncy walls.... But yes, Elene has been school free for 3 months, and is missing it a little bit. But I'll be moving to Canada in a few weeks so that should take my mind off everything, and then it's straight onto uni preparations.

RE: Dinny
    Thanks, I went crazy a few years ago on Livejournal and saved about a zillion pretty icons from different communities to my laptop to be used as MSN messenger display pictures. I feel a bit bad now because I don't know who to credit for them, but they are all crazy pretty.

Jenny: Please update AMAL sooon. And yes, I'm still reading WWC at the moment, and did up to 1:30 this morning.

xxx

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCatElly
    Jenny: Please update AMAL sooon. And yes, I'm still reading WWC at the moment, and did up to 1:30 this morning.
    Hmm...perhaps her beta is going to have to hurry up and get the next chapter back...

SPEW! I keep meaning to come post in the babble but then you started talking about books (which i read a lot of, but generally a lot of random, not-considered-literature, type fiction)

SOO, guess what? I just found out that I'm going to Disneyland next weekend for my birthday! Yay! I'm so excited
    Ooh, that is so exciting! I've been to the Paris one, once - years ago, and would love to go back there. Or to Florida- I really want to go to all the theme parks over there. Especially the HP one. But it costs an absolute fortune! Even after you've paid for the flight it costs hundreds to get into the parks themselves. So looks like I'll be saving for a long time.

The only travel plans I have coming up is relocating back to university. It's about five hours away and I have to cram everything I own into the car and get it all down to my new house to move in. But I've got two weeks before I have to worry about that (and packign - I hate packing more than anything else).

Happy Sunday ,SPEW! (I was suppsoed to be taking a weekend off MNFF but it didn't quite work out lol - I can always make exceptions for SPEW)

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

jenny b
    Oh, SPEW! I'm seeing lots of activity in the monthly activity threads and very little in the babble thread. Which is a nice change, I must admit, but are you all too busy to stop and chat? And on that note, how great am I - finishing all my reqs when it's only halfway through the month. All you new SPEWers who turn things in on time are starting to rub off on me.

Lol, Hannah, that's what I like to read too. But it seems the only reading I get to do lately is stuffy literature, since I have a MOUNTAIN of short stories to get through for one of my uni topics. Although seeing as I'm on holidays next week, I just started reading Philip Pullman's The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ, which is very interesting so far.

Disneyland! I'm so jealous, Ariana. And I know what you mean, I'd love to go to Europe too. Being in Australia makes you so far away from everything! That said, when I go to Sweden next year I'm planning to see as much of Europe as possible. But that depends on my money-saving skills, really. >.>

Did I mention I've got holidays next week? Yes? Thought so. I have two weeks off, then a week where I'll only have one or two classes because of the public holiday, then three weeks of uni, and then HOLIDAYS AGAIN. For four months, nonetheless. I can't wait for summer to start!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Elene
    Jenny: Please update AMAL sooon.
    Yes, yes, yes, please please please! This can't be said enough. I just started reading that story a few days ago, and I thought it was hilariously funny (except for, you know, the serious stuff ). I was going to leave a really fan-girly review, and then I remembered that you were the head of SPEW and that review wasn't very SPEW-worthy .

SOO, guess what? I just found out that I'm going to Disneyland next weekend for my birthday! Yay! I'm so excited .

That's really all I was going to say....

Oh, wait, one more question.

Vorona, how far are you into City of Bones? Do you still like it?

Ariana

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

CoolCatElly
    Quote Originally Posted by lucca4
    Yes, yes, yes, please please please! This can't be said enough. I just started reading that story a few days ago, and I thought it was hilariously funny (except for, you know, the serious stuff ). I was going to leave a really fan-girly review, and then I remembered that you were the head of SPEW and that review wasn't very SPEW-worthy .
    tee hee hee don't let that stop you. You should see the reviews I leave her...

Also, yay Disneyland!

Uhm, sorry for the spaminess there :-D

Vorona
    I don't have any upcoming travel plans, except for tentative ideas about Washington, D. C. in late May. I didn't go on our school's trip there because they were all going to get up at 7am and do group stuff all day . . . I understand liking to see everything you can see, but I'm just not like that. I like relaxing and sleeping in, so I didn't go way back then. But my parents want to go on a trip with me sometime before I get a job and move away.

Ariana: I've finished City of Bones and am just at the beginning of City of Ashes. I have to say . . . I really, really, really love Simon.

h_vic
    I had the loveliest weekend in Belfast, SPEW, but I'm exhausted now. My cousin's one-year-old daughter is adorable but so tiring - she's just a little bundle of energy.

And why are you all finishing your reqs so early this month?!? You are all scaring me and my procrastination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    * Jess likes not going to school. I agree with this. University is MUCH better.
    But uni is so about a complete lack of responsibility!