Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Severus Snape - Part III

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Thank you for both your help, though I think I'm taking this story in another direction and my new question is:

Do you think Snape attended Muggle school before Hogwarts?

Reasoning: Well, he's a half-blood, his dad was a Muggle. Maybe he would have insisted that his son attend "normal" school for awhile. Also, I'm not sure what British laws are on how mandatory education is.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Also, I'm not sure what British laws are on how mandatory education is.

Being educated at home does happen in UK, more so at primary age. I don't think he attended a primary school. I know his dad is a Muggle but I get the feeling he'd be ashamed and terrified of his weird son, so probably wouldn't want him mixing with other kids.

You could make a case for it, I guess, but it's a gut feeling that he stayed at home. He has precious few social skills, as well which suggests he hasn't mixed with kids his own age.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Hmm... good point. He probably wouldn't have been quite so socially awkward if he had actually gone to school. Poor Snape.

... which brings up another question. How old were he and Lily when they met? Is it ever spelled out or is it just "some years before they went to Hogwarts"? Eight or nine? Younger?

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

In "The Prince's Tale", it says:

Harry moved closer to the boy. Snape looked no more than nine or ten years old, sallow, small, stringy. There was undisguised greed in his thin face as he watched the younger of the two girls swinging higher and higher than her sister.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    My books are in storage, so I can't look this up myself...

In first year, who was Gryffindor playing when Snape was the referee?

Edit: If this should be in a different section, I'll move it gladly.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    Sorry if this should be elsewhere, mods.

Yes, Aida, Snape refereed when Gryffindor played Hufflepuff. He clearly wanted to prevent Quirrell from trying anything in that match.

~Sophie
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    So how does Snape get to Hogwarts (when he's a teacher)?

He lives in Spinner's End in a northern industrial town during the hols (HPB). We can assume he doesn't take the train (the students don't see him on it). So how does he get to Hogwarts? How would he get to Diagon Alley?

Would his fireplace be connected to Floo? It's his now, even if it was owned by his Muggle father before. Would he Apparate to Diagon Alley and then Floo to Hogwarts??

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    It's feasible that Snape could've had his fireplace connected up to the Floo, or perhaps even his mother did when he was younger.

I'm not sure if it's a very good idea, but Snape could also fly without a broom, a skill which he is assumed to have learnt from Lord Voldemort.

Also, why would he have to apparate to Diagon Alley? Hogsmeade would be closer, but in that case, why wouldn't he apparate to just outside the school boundaries and walk in? Being a teacher, he would know where the boundary was.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I don't know if Apparating to Hogwarts makes sense necessarily - why didn't Lupin just Apparate then?

But I think my bigger concern is how he'd get to Diagon Alley (it's for the Character Clinic prompt).

As for why he'd be in Diagon Alley... Gingott's vaults?

Edit: Good point, Carole! Floo it is.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I don't know if Apparating to Hogwarts makes sense necessarily - why didn't Lupin just Apparate then?
    Apparating to Hogwarts wouldn't be possible, but Hogsmeade would. I think the trick is to think why Lupin and Slughorn took the train. I can't believe they couldn't Apparate. With Slughorn, I imagine he wanted to chance to start up the Slug Club. With Lupin, there was certainly the matter of extreme exhaustion, but I also imaging he would have wanted to travel on the Express, given that his best days were at Hogwarts, plus there's a strong chance he was curious about Harry and worried about the danger he faced from Sirius.

As for Snape ... Hmmm, Floo connection highly likely. But ... I don;t think he lived at Spinner's End. I think he was there in HBP because it was part of his cover, but I reckon he would have lived at Hogwarts for the majority of the time because it's the only place he felt at home and happy. Trelawney lives there, Firenze, too. Dumbledore very probably lives there, so I'm not sure why Snape would feel he had to return to a house he'd never been happy in.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird