Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invisibilty cloak

Hybrid View

potter123

Invisibilty cloak

Does anyone beside Ron, Hermione, and Dumbledore know that Harry has an Invisibility cloak, before HBP and DH?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Remus might know, seeing as he knows James had the cloak, and maybe Dumbledore even told him, and Harry probably told Sirius that he had it in his letters. Peter might assume the Cloak was passed down to Harry.

Tonks probably knows too, after finding him beat up underneath it, and Draco would know too, since he covers Harry with it after smashing his face.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Didn't Hagrid also know?

Lovely banner by Minna

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Members of Dumbledore's Army also may or may not know about the Invisabilty Cloak, depending on how much Harry would have allowed them to know, or how close they were to Harry.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts

He does, as per the Trio sneaking about under it all the time to visit him. Charlie might, too, since they used the Cloak in PS to deliver Norbert to him.

Oh, and the late Barty Crouch Jr.
    There is shadow under this red rock,/ (Come in under the shadow of this red rock),/ And I will show you something
    different from either/ Your shadow at morning striding behind you/ Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;/

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

DuelManSeven | DrabbleManSeven | DeadManStories | DeadManSounds

potter123
    Would Ginny happen to know about the cloak? or luna?

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Snape knows, having picked it up in PoA and when Filch finds the golden egg in GoF and Snape goes IT'S POTTER AND HIS INVISIBILITY CLOAK!

Other people who know are Moody, Lupin, Tonks, Kingsley Shaklebolt, Elphias Doge, Delalus Diggle, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, and Hestia Jones, as Moody says right in front of them during the Advance Guard in OoP "Lupin says you've got an Invisibility Cloak" (p 53)

Peter Pettigrew and Sirius also know as they were there when Snape comes into the Shrieking Shack with the Invisibility cloak
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

TheCursedQuill
    "Lupin says you've got an Invisibility Cloak" (p 53)
    Which proves that Remus knows about it. I'd say that very few people knew before OotP, after which practically the whole Order knew.

Dumbledore knew, Snape could more than probably guess, and Hagrid in the first book, Remus in the third, and Barty Crouch jr. in the fourth

As for Charlie, wasn't it just his friends who came to pick up Norbert? I'm almost sure that Harry didn't meet Charlie till after his first year... Actually I think it wasn't until GoF? He could only assume who Charlie was from the picture of the Weasleys in the Daily Prophet when they won the lottery and went to Romania.

In any case, no body commented on the cloak when they were on the Tower, and I think if someone noticed such a remarkable thing, they'd say SOMETHING about it. So I really don't think anyone else knew about it.

emck
    I'm pretty sure Ginny - and probably Luna too - know about the cloak in OoTP. Don't Harry and Hermione use it to sneak into Unmbridge's office while Luna and Ginny stand guard?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by potter123
    Does anyone beside Ron, Hermione, and Dumbledore know that Harry has an Invisibility cloak, before HBP and DH?
    All the Death Eaters know of Harry's cloak by Deathly Hallows. When Harry Apparates into Hogsmeade on the night of the Battle of Hogwarts, one Death Eater tries summoning the invisibility cloak.

Tim the Enchanter