Thread: Dark Marks after Voldemort's demise

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

Dark Marks after Voldemort's demise

I don't have my books on me , but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this:

Do you think that the Dark Marks would still work as a form of communication after Voldy had died. For example, if Lucius stuck his wand into his Dark Mark, would Draco and any others feel it?

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I don't know. I always thought it was only Voldemort who could initiate the call out to communication. It's seems like it would be a pretty basic precaution to keep Death Eaters from being lured into traps.

For example, a Death Eater could be captured by Aurors or the Order and make a deal to lure more Death Eaters to them in exchange for a lighter sentence. Plus, keeping this special power to himself does seem like the sort of thing Voldemort would do.

But what do the rest of you think?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Yeah, but what about while Voldemort was still alive? Could other Death Eaters use it to communicate with one another, or is that something only Voldemort could do?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    OOOH, thanks for the quick responses guys.

Well, that just about ruins a part plot for my Draco story ... but it does lend itself to something else. *huggles self in excitement* (yes I am that sad.)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I don't know. I always thought it was only Voldemort who could initiate the call out to communication. It's seems like it would be a pretty basic precaution to keep Death Eaters from being lured into traps.
    The Dark Mark wasn't just used by Voldy to initiate communication, though, because Bellatrix and others summon him when Harry turns up.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

sorrow_of_severus
    I just happened to read about this on HP Lexicon earlier today! It said that Jo said in a post-DH interview, the Dark Mark couldn't be used for communication after Voldemort's death and faded into something that appeared to be a scar.