Thread: Harry's Children = Parselmouths?

Hybrid View

bling_baby

Harry's Children = Parselmouths?

While I know that Harry only got the ability through his connection with Voldemort, it is still an inherited ability. Therefore, wouldn't it be likely that it would now belong to at least one of the Potter children?

I just want to double check, incase there's some obvious reason why it wouldn't happen that I'm missing out on. x x

A.H.
    Holy CRAP that is an old banner! I can't believe you're still wearing it! <3

Harry did not inherit the ability to speak parseltongue. He spoke/understood it because of the piece of Voldemort's soul in him spoke and understood it. Therefore, it wouldn't be passed down to his children because it wasn't in his genes.

Nigel: Can harry speak parseltongue when he is no longer a horcrux?
    J.K. Rowling: No, he loses the ability, and is very glad to do so.
    From a 2007 interview.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    It would be a rather ironic random genetic fluke that one of his children became a Parselmouth. But it would have to be a random genetic fluke, given that he apparently loses the ability to speak to snakes after the bit of Voldemort soul dies.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Remember that in CoS, nobody even seemed to consider the fact that Harry being a Parselmouth could be a genetic fluke, alng with the fact that Salazar Slytherin, the entire Gaunt family, and even Tom Riddle a thousand years later had the ability suggests that genetics play a strong part in whether or not Harry's children would have this gift.

Seeing as the piece of Voldemort's sold that was inside him was destroyed before any of Harry's children were born, it would seem highly unlikely that any of his children would possess the gift.

Though I do have this lingering wonder as to if Harry had conceived a child while Voldemorts soul was inside him, would that child have a somehow stronger chance of inheriting the ability. The fact that it happened to Harry just because of the shared soul suggests that the ability has a possibility of not being complete biological or genetic in nature.

I don't know. It just seems like an odd little hiccup to me now that I think about it. Or it could have just been a literary device.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!