Thread: Next Generation Characters

First Year Gryffindor
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs

Next Generation Characters

Has JKR ever confirmed what the names, ages, and houses of the trio's classmate's children are?? I only know the ones mentioned in the epilogue.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    So far as I know, she has only confirmed those listed on her website. If you go to jkrowling.com, enter the site, and click on the eraser you go to a different page on the site with just a door. Click on the door handle and the piece of paper. There you see that Bill and Fleur have Victoire, Dominique, and Louis; Charlie does not marry and has no children; Percy marrys someone named Audrey and has two girls, Molly and Lucy; George marries Angelina and has two children, Fred and Roxanne; Ron and Hermione's children are Rose and Hugo; Harry and Ginny's children are James Sirius, Albus Severus, and Lily Luna; Draco Malfoy marries Astoria Greengrass and has one son, Scorpius Hyperion; and that Luna Lovegood marries Rolf Scamander (who is somehow related to Newt Scamander, author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) and has two childeren, Lorcan and Lysander. I don't remember where I found out that Neville marries Hannah Abbot, but I think that is also canon. You could try the Harry Potter Lexicon, wiki.unknowableroom.org, and wikipedia. Youtube has some interviews with J. K. Rowling that could be helpful.
    Kinda really hiatus-y at present.
    And Julia, this avatar is really pretty. Je l'adore.

First Year Gryffindor
    Okay, thanks for your help!
    Are the children of anyone else, for example Blaise Zabini or Oliver Wood, ever mentioned, or can I just make them up?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I believe I can offer insight into some of the ages.

• James is somewhere between sixth year and second year, but given his rather immature behavior at the platform, it is most likely that his is either twelve or thirteen.
    • Albus is eleven.
    • Lily is nine.

• Rose is eleven.
    • Hugo is nine.

• Teddy is nineteen
    • Victoire is seventeen
    • Dominque and Louis are not mention, but are most likely older than the Potter children.

• Molly and Lucy are never mention, but they are most likely older than the Potter children.

• Fred and Roxanne are never mention, but they are most likely older than Albus and Rose.

• Lorcan and Lysander were born several years after Hugo and Lily were born.

• Neville and Hannah are married, but it is never mention if they have any children.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    You have free rein with Blaise Zabini's kids and Oliver Wood's . There's no mention of them in canon anywhere and in any interviews with JKR, so you can make it up (as I have on several occasions.)

JKR did say in an interview that Neville married Hannah Abbot who now owned the Leaky Cauldron. She said he lived above the pub and all his pupils thought he was cool because of that. (He must have taken the Floo or a portkey to work every day.)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    James is somewhere between sixth year and second year, but given his rather immature behavior at the platform, it is most likely that his is either twelve or thirteen.
    I think it very unlikely that James is in his sixth year. As Molly says, he's rather immature on the platform (but then Ron was always quite outraged by snogging until he was actually doing it), but also it would mean Harry and Ginny having him at pretty young ages (three years after the battle). She was, we know, a Quidditch player for the Harpies before retiring to qrite for the Prophet and have her children. Twenty seems very, very young to retire.

Molly and Lucy are never mention, but they are most likely older than the Potter children.
    I would agree with this. We know Percy is on the platform in the epilogue. The fact that He, Harry and Ron don't meet up suggests that his children are older because seeing your child off for the first time to Hogwarts is an important milestone. If Lucy, for instance, had been a 'firstie' then I think they'd have made sure she was going off with her two cousins.
    Another reason is the use of the name Molly for one of his girls. Named after her Grandmother, I imagine Percy picked it and thus neither Ron, Ginny or George could.

Fred and Roxanne are never mention, but they are most likely older than Albus and Rose.
    Conversely, because George and Angelina are not mentioned in the Epilogue, I got the impression that they were younger than Rose and Albus. George wouldn't have got together with Angelina straight away, and I imagine it took him a long time to recover from the loss of Fred. I've always thought of Fred as a year younger than Lily and Hugo, whilst Roxanne as another year or two younger.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

I also have a question.

Do we know if Roxanne is older than Fred or vise versa? Same for Molly and Lucy.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

First Year Gryffindor
    I went to JKR's site like msk8 said and I assumed that Molly is older than Lucy and that Fred is older than Roxanne because all the other next generation children are listed so the oldest is at the left and the youngest on the right.

memish
    Based on the family tree, the name on the left is older. Like if you look at the Harry-generation Weasleys, it goes from left to right: Bill, Charlie, Percy, etc - same as age order. So, we can assume Fred is older as well as Molly.