Thread: PoA Details

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!

PoA Details

I'm re-writing an old one-shot set just after the anti-dementor lesson in which Harry first hears his dad. I don't have my books with me at home, so I'm needing a few details about that scene, so if anyone's got the answers to these questions, it would be great.

I need the exact wording of the following lines:

'I heard him- I heard my dad.'

'Did you know my dad?'

'If you knew my dad, you must have known Sirius Black, too.'

That's what I roughly think they are, but exact quotes would be wonderful.

Also, what room do the lessons take place in? I orignally thought it was Lupin's office, but I've just remembered something about the History of Magic classroom. If it did take place in Lupin's office, what does the place look like? Is there a tank containing some sort of creature in there? Is it canon that things Boggarts hide in rattle and shake, or is this just me remembering the film?

These are specific things, but if there's anything else someone can tell be that would be great!

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    It takes place at 8:00pm in the History of Magic classroom. The boggart is in a "packaging case", as it is described. Boggarts do rattle and shake, but it's not described as doing so in this instance.

Quotes:

'I heard my dad,' Harry mumbled. 'That's the first time I've ever heard him--he tried to take on Voldemort himself, to give my mum time to run for it...'
    'You heard James?' said Lupin in a strange voice.
    'Yeah...' Face dry, Harry looked up. 'Why--you didn't know my dad, did you?'
    'I--I did, as a matter of fact,' said Lupin. 'We were friends at Hogwarts....'
    He asks Lupin about Black after they've agreed to have a lesson the same time next week.

'Professor Lupin?' he said. 'If you knew my dad, you must've known Sirius Black as well.'
    I've really got to go, but I'll edit with more details about the classroom

Hope this helps!

xx Ariana xx

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    It is the History of Magic classroom. It's described as dark until Lupin lights all the lamps and torches. The packing case is heaved onto Binns' desk. And Lupin found the Boggart in Filch's filing cabinet.

The lamps flicker and go out whenever he tries to fight the Boggart, but when the Boggart is stuffed back into the packing case by Lupin, the flicker back and are 'rekindled'. I think that suggests that the effect of the Boggart Dementor wasn't as powerful as a real Dementor.

The first time Harry tries to fight the Boggart, he ends up on the floor. But the final time he sinks into a chair.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Thank you, Carole and Ariana!

I have another thing to ask:

Could anyone tell me the lines of dialogue when Harry, Ron and Hermione arrive at Lupin's compartment?

It's so annoying not having my book on me!

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Kazza Moonshadow
    They don't really say anything before entering the compartment, except to tell Ginny to go away, really.

"Who d'you reckon he is?" Ron hissed, as they sat down and slid the door shut, taking seats furthest away from the window.

"Professor R. J. Lupin," whispered Hermione at once.

"How'd you know that?

"It's on his case," replied Hermione, pointing at the luggage rack over the man's head, where there was a small, battered case held together with a large quantity of neatly knotted string. The name 'Professor R. J. Lupin' was stamped across one corner in peeling letters.

"Wonder what he teaches?" said Ron, frowning at Professor Lupin's pallid profile.

"That's obvious," whispered Hermione. "There's only one vacancy isn't there? Defence Against the Dark Arts."
    Hopefully that's all you need, but the dialogue does go on for more...

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Thanks, Kazza! That's great. One more thing: does Harry say anything in that scene?

Sarah x

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by POA, The Dementor
    "Who d'you reckon he is?" Ron hissed, as they sat down and slid the door shut, taking the seats furthest away from the window.

"Professor R. J. Lupin," whispered Hermione at once.

"How d'you know that?"

"It's on his case," replied Hermione, pointing at the luggage rack over the man's head. ...

"Wonder what he teaches?" said Ron, frowning at Professor Lupin's pallid profile.

"That's obvious," whispered Hermione. "There's only one vacancy, isn't there? Defence Against the Dark Arts."

"Well, I hope he's up to it," said Ron doubtfully. "He looks like one good hex would finish him off, doesn't he? Anyway ..." he turned to Harry, "what were you going to tell us?"

Hope that helps.

~Carole~

I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Kazza Moonshadow
    Actually, Harry does say stuff, only about two paragraphs after I cut off...

From after Equinox Chick's bit
    Harry explained all about Mr and Mrs Weasley's argument and the warning Mr Weasley had just given him. When he'd finished, Ron looked thunderstruck, and Hermione had her hands over her mouth. She finally lowered them to say, "Sirius Black escaped to come after you? Oh, Harry... you'll have to be really, really careful. Don't go looking for trouble, Harry..."

"I don't go looking for trouble," said Harry, nettled. "Trouble usually finds me."
    He doesn't say anything else until after the sneakoscope goes off.