Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Corner #6 - Ask the Barmaids

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

Question Corner #6 - Ask the Barmaids

Hello there, TTB drabblers! Welcome to:

Question Corner #6 - Ask the Barmaids!

As usual this is the place to ask questions about drabbles, challenges, round robins, etc.
    Please make sure you ask all your questions here and not in the thread of the challenge, as they will be deleted.

Quick reminders:

1. A drabble is by definition 100 words; however, here at the Three Broomsticks, your barmaids mudbloodproud, Russia Snow and Equinox Chick, believe in freedom of expression. Hence, all drabbles must be between 100 - 500 words. No more. No less.

2. Please keep material at a PG-13 or below rating for your drabbles/entries. There's no pop-up warnings in the forums and they are viewable by anyone. Anything posted here must take that into account. Any violations will result in loss of points, or other consequences.

3. Lastly, please check over your drabbles for errors before posting and make sure to space the paragraphs properly so it's easy to read. Anything posted in the Three Broomsticks is subject to the MNFF submission guidelines.

There is a link to the previous question thread HERE if you want to take a look.

Thanks! You guys are awesome, keep drabbling!

~Your Barmaids - Russia, Carole and Terri.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 09-05-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Am I the first to ask a question in the new thread? Awesome. (Sorry, Carole.)

Okay, so for the Delacour Drabble, is there a time deadline, or is it just anytime tomorrow (Aug 2)? I'm hoping to squeeze one in at the very last second... just want to make sure I know when that second is. Thanks!
    Lovely banner by Minna

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    It's usually 10pm GMT, because Russia and I are on UK time.

That's 5 hours ahead of NY time - if that helps.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Are we allowed to use a beta for the August Monthly, since it's meant to be anonymous? Just wondering...

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Quote Originally Posted by minnabird
    Are we allowed to use a beta for the August Monthly, since it's meant to be anonymous? Just wondering...
    Sorry, if I'm overstepping barmaids...

But I think the answer would be yes. The most recent drabble has a beta acknowledgement. If you don't want people to know what you wrote, I'd recommend using a beta who isn't from these boards or PMing a beta with your request... or writing on their thread that you have a drabble and PMing them the details.

Oh and I have a couple questions too.

For the Shared Dorm cliche, does it have to be written from the perspective of either the Head Boy or Girl? And can we use AUs or no?

Edit: Yes, AU. I had an amusing idea... we'll see if it works.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Minna - good question.

I was going to say No because we meant to put that in the challenge, but someone has already used a beta, so you may use a beta.

For the Shared Dorm cliche, does it have to be written from the perspective of either the Head Boy or Girl? And can we use AUs or no?
    Do you mean AUs or OCs? If you want to write an Alternate Universe then, yes, that's fine. If you want to use an OC then that's okay as well.

~Carole~

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Hello Barmaids! I'm sorry, but I just got a bit confused about this. For the Weekly challenge, do we have to write the scene during Voldemort's duel with Harry, or any scene we choose where he killed someone before James? And doesn't it necessarily mean it has to be a killing curse? Thank you!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Sorry for the confusion.

It's the last spell (or one of the last) before he killed James. I wondered what else would have appeared out of the wand that's all.

It wouldn't have to be a person. When Amos Diggory performed the spell on Harry's wand, we heard the spell and saw the Dark Mark.

~Carole~

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Is there a time deadline for the August monthly? I'm waiting for a response from a beta who's opinion I really want for it.

Oh and I know we can't place for more than one drabble but can we submit more than one for August? I suppose no one know since they're anonymous but... yes. I thought I'd ask anyway.

Edit: Ok, good to know. Thanks!
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    Aida:

I will be closing the August monthly on 31st August at around 10pm. The thread is simply locked now to prevent any drabbles being accidently posted there.

You may submit more than one drabble but when we come to short-listing the drabbles we will only choose one, if any, to go through to public vote

~Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.