Thread: First War Fics

Hybrid View

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!

First War Fics

So this is for research for a fic I'm trying to write at the moment. Basically, I'm looking for fics that deal with what goes on during the first Voldemort war. I'd love to read anything; from the Ministry's view, Voldemort's, the Order's, random members of the public, anything. I'm too busy to look for myself!

Thanks,

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    I love a comprehensive incorporation of first war into stories, but my favourites have only been those where essentially, the characters have responded to the war. I prefer something written with more focus on a personal level, less on violence, technical bits. People fictions, I may say.

Few titles you might like to try:

Red by rockinfaerie (James-centric. The characters are rich as is the background/setting where they belong. Slow pace of narration but hooking nonetheless.)

Fate by Liisa (immensely long fiction, and categorised primarily as time-travel/Marauder. But weaved very thoroughly and creatively. Worth the time.)

Between Now And Then by erikthephantom (the only fiction I remember by title that I know as one of the first I read when I discovered fanfiction. Something always seems to be happening. all the character's stories are carried parallel and brilliantly delivered to the end.)

Characterisation-focused Marauder Era stories by Lucie Lux: Care And At The Sign Of The Crooked Tree (Just something you might enjoy. Not war-centric.)

-Akay-

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Thanks, Akay. These'll be really helpful. If anyone has any other, more technical fics (I suck at being an evil overlord), it'd be great.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!