Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Month August-September 2012
    My name Maple
    My character Ginny
    Buddy's Name: Sophie
    Her character Harry

Uh, Ginny?
    Hmmm?
    A letter from Lily just arrived, and, well...
    Oh, she didn't get detention again did she? That will be the third time this month.
    Um, no, it's not that, although I wouldn't have been surprised.
    She has some news.
    Good or bad?
    She'd say good, I suppose.
    I'm not so sure you'll agree.
    Did she get an internship in Canada or something? Because really, that's the only thing that I wouldn't be happy about.
    Sorry, love, but I think you're about to eat your words.
    Lily has a boyfriend.
    It's about time! I was worried that she'd never find one!
    Don't you want to know who it is?
    Oh! She told you who it was?
    Yeah, surprisingly enough. Actually, that's the issue here.
    Oh, please, how bad could it be?? It's not Zacharias Smith's son, is it?
    Worse.
    Who on earth could be worse?
    Scorpius Malfoy.
    Scorpius Malfoy? But he doesn't even go to Hogwarts anymore. Really, who is it?
    I'm serious, Ginny. Our Lily is dating Malfoy.
    WHAT?! That is total nonsense! How long has this been going on?
    She didn't specify, but I'd guess a few months now. She mentioned a Hogsmeade trip, and the last one was a while ago.
    Well, the good news is that it can't have been going on for too long then. That means it's not overlly serious then.
    Hmmm, she sounded pretty serious to me. She kept saying that she really wanted us to accept that he's not like his father and that sort of thing. It almost sounded like she wanted to introduce us.
    Not like his father? His father was a spineless git, how could he be any different?
    Plus, rumour has it he's close to his grandfather, which would mean he probably picked up stuff from good old Lucius too.
    I know it doesn't look good, but if Lily likes him this much, surely he can't be that bad.
    Not everyone is the same as their parents, after all.

Really? Because everyone I know has kids just like them. Remember, Lucius Malfoy nearly killed me.
    How could I forget?
    I'm not happy about this either, you know.
    I just think that maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt until we have some proof that he's like his family.
    What does she even see in that boy? She wouldn't even get to see him all that often.
    We managed, didn't we? When you were in your seventh year, and I was doing Auror training, I mean.
    Yes, but we knew each other for years before that!
    Um, that was the other thing you should probably know.
    THERE'S MORE TO THIS STORY!?
    Not much. You know the worst of it already. And be careful, or Albus will hear you. I don't think he's up yet.
    Just tell me the rest, and I'll try and be quieter. You're right, Albus deserves his sleep. Healer training is fairly draining on him.

It makes Auror training look easy sometimes. No, the other thing is that I think Lily has been friends with Malfoy for a while.
    She mentioned meeting him on the Quidditch pitch in her second year, so they must have known each other for longer than they've been dating.
    Oh. That is awhile, isn't it.
    Yep. And she's kept it a secret all this time because she was worried about how we'd react.
    I guess she was right, then, wasn't she?
    You know Lily. She usually is.
    I suppose you should read the letter yourself so we can write back.
    Alright. Thanks, Harry.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Month August-September 2012
    My name Ellie
    My character Albus Potter
    Buddy's Name: Pooja
    Her character Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Dear Al,

How are you doing? I haven’t heard from you in a long time and quite frankly, after everything that has happened, it’s starting to bother me.

Look… I know it was kind of wrong, okay, but… I don’t see why you’re blaming yourself for it. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing! And… it wasn’t even much. We were both emotionally vulnerable and we needed some closeness. And we just kissed! It was no big deal. You know it wasn’t!

Drat, Al, I haven’t… oh, I haven’t stopped thinking about you since then. Please, please don’t be cross with me for that one kiss. I know we’re cousins and that we’re related and all but… it doesn’t bother me. I think I have feelings for you and I think you do too. We should talk about this, rather than hiding from each other. Yes, it was awkward, but I thought it was good. Al, I’ll be honest enough to say I really liked it.

If you’re worried about what our parents would say, well, yes, I agree that’s a problem but we’ll figure it out! It’s more important to work on the present rather than the future, isn’t it? I mean… I think we should sort this thing out between us before worrying about anything else. I need to meet you soon and we need to work this out. Please, please reply to this so we can figure out whatever this is. Don’t be cross with me, Albus, please.

Well, give my regards to James, Lily, Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny and say hello to Teddy when he comes over. And speak to me, Al, because you’re really making me very nervous here!

Eagerly awaiting your reply, and with lots of love,
    Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Albus
    Hey, Rose.

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to this, but I've had a lot of work, and life has been busy. I didn't mean to worry you, Rose, but there's a reason we haven't spoken. You're wrong; it is my fault. I took advantage of you, Rose. I knew you were torn up over Malfoy, and I was the one who initiated the kiss. I kissed you. I still don't know why, but I know it's been coming for a while. You're so beautiful, Rose. I mean it. And that kiss ... it was the best kiss of my life. And I could never be mad at you. But I can't talk to you either.

It's wrong, Rose. I shouldn't have these feelings for you- we're practically brother and sister for Merlin's sake! You're family, and I'm thinking about kissing you and ... I hate myself for it. I hate that I feel this way, that of all the girls, it had to be you. It's just wrong, Rose. It would never work.

This is why I can't talk to you. I know I'll have those feelings, and I won't be able to control them. We just can't do this, Rose. It wouldn't work. Our families would be furious, and it's just ... I know I sound redundant, but it is wrong. There is no other way to describe it.

That's why I can't meet you. I can't be near you; it's dangerous. I love you, Rose.

Al
    *~iBeta~**~iWrite~* *~iPoet~* *~iDrabble~* *~iDuel~*
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
    (Neil ~ The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Name: Pooja
    Character: Hermione
    Name: Maple
    Character Rose
    Dear Rosie,

It’s been a month since you’ve written to us and though your father and I know that you must be working very hard for your OWLs, this is worrying us. How are you? How is everything going?

We do not want to disturb you while you are studying, of course, but I couldn’t help but write to you. Ron will be sending on a letter too, once he is back from work today. Are you still mad at him for what happened last Christmas, dear? He was just angry that you’re dating Draco Malfoy’s son—he never meant all the things that he said.

Your father can be very outspoken sometimes but he loves you. Rosie. He is very upset that you seem cross with him and he wants to make up very badly. You haven’t replied to the two letters he sent you this past month and it’s making him very anxious. You know he loves you so much, and he will come to terms with your relationship with Scorpius Malfoy eventually. However, it will take him time, and I want you to know that he never means anything that he says in his anger.

Like I said, he is going to write to you later on, and he will be very happy if you reply to him. He has not slept properly in days, and he might just come rushing to Hogwarts if you remain quiet again! So please reply, dear, and please reply to me too. You know I don’t have a problem with you and Scorpius. I love you, and your choice is my choice.

Love always,
    Hermione.

PS: Say hello to Scorpius and ask Hugo to study well for the final exams.
    Dear Mum,

Everything is absolutely fine. School is busy and I feel like OWLS are approaching very fast, even if there are months to go. You can never be too prepared though.

I suppose that to a certain extent, yes, I am still mad at Dad for saying what he did. He had no right to call him those names, even if his dad was a right git to him. Also, last time I checked, I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions. If I had thought that Scorpius was trouble, I would not have started to date him. As it stands, I like him very much, and I like spending time with him.

I promise you that I will reply to Daddy’s letter. It would be very embarrassing to have him march into the Great Hall at breakfast and have him make a scene. I know that Uncle Harry is doing a guest lecture on Wednesday, so I know that it is a possibility, given Uncle Harry has brought Dad with him before.

Scorpius says hi and tells you not worry, I am in good hands (though, if I was my mother, I would not find that comforting). But really, he’s a great study buddy.

I promise to write you later this week.

Love,
    Rose
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Maple
    Ellie

Dear Al,
    I can't believe you didn't tell me about Elise! As if you and her have been dating for two months, and I had to find out through her sister. I've only been waiting about three years for the two of you to get together, and when you finally do, you don't tell me! I'm very unimpressed with you right now.

How's dragon keeper training going? Is Uncle Charlie keeping you on your toes? I bet you he is! He's all fun and games until you get a dragon involved! I hope you don't have as many burns as he does, yet. Elise won't want a burned boyfriend - then she has to be gentle with you, and you and I both know that Elise is anything but gentle!

I can't believe my NEWTS are in only a few short weeks. I'm so stressed out about them. I'll be glad when they're over, to be honest. Transfiguration is slowly killing me right now. I couldn't, for the life of me, remember how to change eyebrow colour last week. All I ended up doing was turning them into gigantic hairballs that resembled caterpillars. It was so embarrassing, and Hugo hasn't let me forget it since! I'll have to find some way to get him back for it. Luckily, Teddy has been helping me prepare for my exams. It's so nice to have him around all the time. I was a little shocked when he was hired as the Healer in residence, but I'm very glad he is.

I'd better hear all about Elise, soon!

Lily

Lily-

If you're so busy studying, why would you write me?

I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Elise, as the training has kept me a little busy. The other day this pregnant Ridgeback - Norberta Jr. - went on a rampage around the camp, and it took all of us to keep it from destroying everything. Elise and I got quite a few burns from that bit. Don't worry, Elise has got just as many burns as I do.

Elise is great. She's so funny, and we actually got together when she saved my sorry arse from being burnt to a crisp (and pushing me down a bloody mountain in the process). To make it worse, she had to jump after me. I'm not sure which hurt worse; the fall, or her falling on top of me.

Transfig is horrible, and that's why I didn't take it as a N.E.W.T. That's asking for torture, Lily. And if Hugo's giving you a hard time, just remind him that in his O.W.L. exam he turned his examiner into a canary. I'm sure it will go perfectly, Lily, so stop stressing out. If you turn your examiner green, so be it! You can always come here and work with your favorite older brother.

Oh, and Teddy's helping you study? (wink) I remember you used to fancy the pants off him...

Good luck, and tell Mum I'll be coming home for a bit in three weeks!
    Al
    Last edited by iMusic17; 02-10-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    *~iBeta~**~iWrite~* *~iPoet~* *~iDrabble~* *~iDuel~*
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
    (Neil ~ The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    Month: February
    Your name: Sophie
    Your character: Scorpius
    Your buddy's name: Pooja
    Your buddy's character: Hugo

Hugo, what's wrong? You seem distracted.

I... Nothing, Scorpius... go on. What were you saying?

No, tell me, Hugo. I can see your mind isn't on Transfiguration

No, well, I guess I'm rather bad at it. But... ugh, forget it. You really don't want to know!

Oh, that's not fair! You can't just leave me hanging like that.

Believe me. You want to be left hanging when it comes to this. It's the worst thing ever.

Seriously? How bad could it possibly be?

Terrible! Okay, you and Rose are really thick, right?

Yeah, you know how long we've been friends for. Is something wrong with her?

Well, not really, but sort-of. She said something to me the other day, and, well, now that I think of it, I reckon I should tell you...

Hang on, why hasn't she told me this herself? Surely she knows I'd be willing to listen if she has a problem. Unless... Am I part of the problem?

Yeah, you are. Um, Scorpius, she likes you.

Well of course she does.

No, no! I mean -- she <i>likes</i> you likes you. She has a crush on you, and is planning to ask you out!

Oh. Oh Merlin. I... I don't know what to say. She's serious?

Pretty much. And you know what's worse? She seems to think that you have feelings for her too.

But we're just friends! I've never said anything to make her think that. Oh Hugo, this is such a mess.

It is, isn't it? She seems really confident that you share the same feelings for each other. And I can't even tell her about... us.

That would only make it worse. I hate the thought of hurting her, but what else can I do?

I dunno. She'll be really hurt when she finds out. She shares everything with me, and I haven't told her about something so big -- with you!

We're going to have to hurt her whatever we do. I mean, there's no way I'm giving you up for her, however much she means to me.

I know, but she's my sister, and she's so important to me. And I can't take it when anyone hurts her. How can I be the one to hurt her now?

Hugo, unless you're seriously suggesting we break up now and lie to her about it forever, one or both of us are going to hurt her over this.

I realise that. And I don't want to break up with you. You know how I feel for you. I guess we're just going to have to grit our teeth and tell Rose. I don't reckon anything will ever be the same after this, but yeah...

You're right. We've got to tell her, and this will have to change things. I just... Can we do it together? I think it'll be easier to face her if I've got you with me.

Yeah, it will be easier for me too. We will do it together. When do you want to tell her?

Uh, I suppose we should get it over with -- the sooner the better. Letting her delude herself for even longer won't make it any easier on her.

Okay. Oh! Here she comes... Wanna do it now?

Want to? Not in the slightest, but we should. Come on, let's go.

Yeah, let's go. And, hey, you know I love you, right? No matter what, nothing will ever change between us.

I know. I love you too, Hugo.
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    MonthMay
    Pooja - Black, James
    Ellie - Red, Al
    Maple - Blue, Harry

Dear Dad,

Upon Alís continuous insistence for over ten days, me and him (it's him and I, James) are writing to you together this week. Al is worried about saving parchment and owl trips, but I think heís just scared I wonít mail his letter if he writes separately. (I know you wouldn't - that's why they had to owl me to find out how my sorting went first year.) So here goes.

School is going really well so far. Donít listen to Al about any detentions, because that is not what happened. (That is a flat out lie and you know it.) I havenít been punished for anything yet, and Al just happened to hear a rumour somewhere that Professor Macmillan handed a detention to me. (You need to review the definition of rumour. It was a fact that I saw him hand one to you. Don't even try to deny it, because I was there.) You should tell him not to believe in such rumours, you know. He really annoys me sometimes. (Right back at you, Jamie.) Apart from that, thereís the regular classes and homework, and nothing new, really. Oh, but the Fat Lady has gone batty. (And she hates you, which I find hilarious.) She has all these weird tongue twisters as passwords these days. I think she might be in love with Sir Cadogan, but Al disagrees. (I've never talked to you about that. I'm a Slytherin for Merlin's sake!)

Quidditch try-outs are next week, and I think Iíve enrolled my name under the list of Seekers. (Think? You either did or you didn't.) Iím not nervous about it, but you do think Iíll become a Seeker, donít you? I think I will. I hope I will, because that would be really awesome. I canít wait for Al to get to second year, so he can try-out (that's just two separate words, no need for a hyphen) for a Chaserís position. Half of the familyís already on the team, too. (I honestly don't know what he's talking about. Either he still can't accept the fact that I'm not in Gryffindor or he has imaginary conversations with me.)

Anyway, thatís all for now, I guess. Like I said, thereís nothing new. (Well, there is for me. I need a new cauldron, because I might have exploded mine in Potion's the other day.) Say hello to Mum and Lily! (Remind Lily to send me my book back when she's done!)

Yours,
    (Al) and James

Boys,
    While I appreciate you trying to save paper, separate letters let me see a little more of your individual lives. James, don't torment your brother by not mailing his letters. While the occasional canary cream is acceptable, I do like to hear what Al has been up to. As much as I enjoy your sass, Al, I would like to actually know what is going on. Between us three, your mum does worry.

Judging from the fact that I have not received a letter from Macmillan about any detentions, I'm going to have to assume that he likely gave you the detention for some minor incident such as breaking into the school kitchens. If this is the case, do try and be a little more stealth next time. However, if I do get an owl, know that it will be going to your mother, and she may not be as forgiving. As for the Fat Lady, she could be in love, or she could just be drinking a lot with Violet lately.

Best of luck on Quidditch tryouts, James. I know you'll do fantastic and you'll be a marvelous Seeker. As for Al, I think he'd be a better Beater, don't you?

Have a good week, boys. Don't cause too much trouble.

Love,

Dad
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!