Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SPEW Babble #42

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

So, I'm just saying. This SPEW Buddy thing? Coolest thing ever. Jen is clever, the SPEW Queen, not me. I like it. I like it. That's like a small QWC or something. How cool is that? Playing with characters while tacking a review. It makes you think and explore the characters depths. I like that.

Amortentia x
    Jen: I saw Toy Story 3 on Sunday night. I LOVED it. Loved it loved it loved it. The dinosaur is like my favourite character ever. It really made me want to be a kid again and go home and play with all my toys. Sigh.

Um, yes. There is like a heatwave here at the moment. It's horrible. Don't get me wrong, I like heat. I do. I wear big hoodies all year round. But there's no sun. It's just this heavy, dead heat and dull clouds and it makes me sweaty and gross and lethargic. Boo.

I WROTE last night. You have no idea how happy that made me. Like, I've suffered from a major writer's block since, say, all year, and have really got out of the habit of writing. But last night, I cranked out a 2,500 word one-shot. I was seriously stoked! Like, it's not the best thing I've written or anything, but still! It just felt so great to be back writing, and feel that inspired mood where you're seized by an idea, and can just write and write for hours and not stopping. Okay, it's only a one-shot, and a short one at that, but YAY ♥

Oh, and I'm going to London BABY on Thursday to Sunday, to visit my aunt and uncle who just moved other there. I can't WAIT. We're going to be shopping, and visiting Camden Market, and all craic like that. The area they're living in is lovely too - they're right across from a park, and there are little shops and cafés and guh. YAY. I'm staying at my gran's tomorrow, and there's no internet connection there (boo), and I'm staying the night, and then on Thursday I'm flying out. So I will probably be online during the stay in London, because my aunt and uncle are technology freaks, and equally addicted to the internet.

Okay. I hope everyone's doing well. Much love for SPEW - it was a fab first month ♥

P.S. Those Character Chats are funnnnnn.

--Emma

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Ah, I hate meaningless heat. When the sun's out and it just looks like it should be hot, but when it's gloomy, muggy, and miserable, it just...sucks. Here, when the clouds come out, the temperature drops like 10º, which likely has to do with the giant hole in the ozone layer right above us. But I don't miss the muggy weather. At all.

Everyone is talking about Toy Story and how much they love it, so does it seem awful that I have no desire to see it? It's just...I didn't particularly care one way or another about the first two movies, so the third one doesn't strike my fancy. As of now, I almost wish I hadn't watched the third Ice Age movie.

So, our lovely Queen o' SPEW nominated Mere and me for reviewer of the year! I'd say I'm speechless, but I've never speechless, lol. It's such an awesome privilege to even be considered for that. Even if I don't win (and, no, I'm not even remotely convinced that I will), to me, being nominated is enough for me.

In other news, Jess is sick right now. I don't know how one gets a cold when it's like 95ºF (er, 30ºC, I think), but fate has intervened and decided that I don't need my voice for a few days. Which sucks, considering I spend most of my time at work talking. >.>

We seriously need to scare us up a SPEW chat. I miss you guys!
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    *distant echos of something called 007 come floating back*

Awwww CRAP! I really though I might get that finished >.> DAMN my procrastination.

I have a plan for tomorrow:

Wake-up (this is actually one of the HARDEST things to do for me)
    Write an SBBC post
    Write a SPEW review
    Write an SBBC post
    Write a SPEW review
    Write an SBBC post
    Write a SPEW review
    Write a PA poem
    Write a PA crit
    Write a PA crit
    Write SPEW 007
    Write SPEW 007
    Write SBBC crossover drabble
    Get hair dyed.

Who says one person can't accomplish al that in one day?!

It's 1am. Time for an early night... I have a busy day tomorrow/later today!

/fail
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    So, I have decided, in all of my insanity, that I WILL finish my 007. How is Jess going to do this in three days, you may ask. Well, I'm going to write one more chapter of Written in the Stars, plus a bunch of drabbles. Any idiot can write drabbles, lol, including this one. I just wish that my personal standards of 5K word chapters wasn't so pronounced, or I would have been done with the damned thing by now.

Oh, well...wish me luck, SPEW. I will do this thing, and I will make it bleed!

Merlin, that sounds morbid!

jenny b
    Eeep! Good luck with that, Jess! I kind of wish I'd done it now. But if I had, I know I wouldn't be up to chapter twelve in A Moment, A Love already. Which reminds me, I should get on with posting the next one.

Please Read: I was just looking through the review thread and noticed that a lot of you seem to be confused as to what the monthly activities are. The monthly activities are ONLY the drabble challenge, a review for the featured author, or a post in the discussion, and you must do one of these each month. Category Patrolling and SPEW Buddies are both review replacement activities (NOT monthly activities), so if you do one of them than you only need to turn in two reviews. This is optional, and you cannot use more than one review replacement, either. The accepted activities for your RR are listed in each review thread.

If you don't understand what I mean, please PM me - I'd much rather a dozen PMs about it than having to mark you down as not having completed your requirements because you got confused.

And I can't wait to have a proper SPEW chat! I'm at my parents' place this weekend (it's my dad's 50th! He's old ), but how does next weekend work for everyone? We might be able to organise one for then.

<3, SPEW. Although I might be back soon with a surprise ... bwahaha.

jenny b
    *pretends she isn't double-posting in one night*

But this totally deserves its own entry!

Welcome back, Hannah/h_vic!

*throws confetti and starts to dance*

The banner is Anna's, obviously. I've given up trying to make them, they don't look nearly as lovely.

h_vic
    *Grins and dons shiny sombrero*

Oh it feels good to be back!

Not sure how many people (other than Jen of course) are still around who might remember me - it must have been a couple of years since I left - but I'm really looking forward to getting to know all you lovely SPEWlies who I don't know.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    Aww MAN, I shouild REALLY read the instructions before doind my SPEW requirements

Welcome back, Hannah!

GUYS. GUESS WHAT?!

I'm going to finish my SPEW 007.

So it'll be all in drabbles and none of it will be beta'd, but that doesn't matter right?

I have two days to finish, but in theory i'mma gonna finish it TODAY. Yeah, man, ONE day to do SPEW 007.

Soo, I'm off to write three more drabbles and do a happy dance when I'm finished! Wish me luck!

~Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Hola, Hannah. I've been reading a lot of your stuff lately (which you obviously know from your review pages, lol), and you're brilliant. I'm glad to see more SPEW reviewers around, because reviews really are powerful, especially in the right hands.

Er, yeah...Jess can't review herself for the monthly activity...at least I'm fairly certain that I can't. >.> I'm either going to have to stomach a songfic (not my thing) or discuss...that which I cannot remember as the discussion topic. Argh, lunacy abounds!!!