Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SPEW Babble #42

Amortentia x
    Welcome to SPEW, Alyssa! I knew you'd get in

Originally Posted by Jen:
    Oh, and I don't think I've ever seen reviews up in the monthly thread so fast. Jen and Emma, you're amazing.
    LOL. I'm not. But thank you

And I beat everyone on the un-fitness scale, seriously. I've avoided doing P.E. since... 3rd year, and I'm starting 6th year in September. I don't run. At all. For nothing. Or no-one. Not even a bus >.>

Jess, whoop whoop being the featured author! I'll be nice to you, I swear...

Gah. My mother's making me tidy my room. Like, she told me specifically she wanted it to be 'very very very very tidy and hoovered.' I think the repetition of 'very' four times means she's serious >.>

I have hoovered, however, and cleared everything that was lurking and creating a new civilisation underneath my bed. Nothing alive, though, thank God, or nothing that was alive at some stage. Just a couple of picture frames, some pillows, some CD covers and hair clips. But I think she's buying me Sims 3

Eeek, there are so many activities in SPEW this month! It looks so exciting

(And hooray for a Beatles drabble! Emma loves the Beatles. Especially Ringo ♥ )

--Emma

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Welcome to SPEW, Alyssa!

Hehee, yes, although Bine always used to post barely after Jenna had put up the thread, like every month. I used to be really good at getting my reviews done quickly, too, but now I procrastinate a stupid amount just because >.>
    The only time I posted my reviews before the last week/day of the month was, I think, the first month I had to fulfill requirements for - Feb 2009. >.> But Bine used to be this super-fast express who used to be on top of her requirements for months together that she amazed me every time. I don't know how she managed(and I could really do with some of those skills). XD You aren't far behind though, Spire; seriously, how do you guys do it so fast ahhh!

Gah. My mother's making me tidy my room. Like, she told me specifically she wanted it to be 'very very very very tidy and hoovered.' I think the repetition of 'very' four times means she's serious >.>
    The good thing about sharing your bedroom with your younger sister: she does all the work. =D I only have to keep my books in order in the study room - which, to be honest, isn't that difficult.

And Jennifer? You're awesome. ♥ Just saying.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

A room. Tidying your room, girl. My room is currently the junk room, since I'm back for a few weeks, well, before I leave tio go shop for grad schools. Clean it. Living on my own has changed my into a really good, paranoid, in love with ammonia, cleaner. I love the 'very' thing. Yeah, mothers have those idiosyncrincies. I choose not to listen and do what I want now, usually, unless she really isn't trying to bicker.

Jen: my apologies. I will not have Internet in a week, as it is I will be stuck in the woods and travelling. I don't want to p*** off the Queen, but school's my top priority. Family reunions mean no technology. Cribbage. (God help the women) and fishing. Jesus ... I can do neither, and I don't smoke or drink, or there you are. Kind of excited to see family I haven't seen in years, though.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Jen
    Jen: my apologies. I will not have Internet in a week, as it is I will be stuck in the woods and travelling. I don't want to p*** off the Queen, but school's my top priority. Family reunions mean no technology. Cribbage. (God help the women) and fishing. Jesus ... I can do neither, and I don't smoke or drink, or there you are. Kind of excited to see family I haven't seen in years, though.
    I really wouldn't worry about it. I was without internet for weeks, and I still managed to get my requirements done on time. I have learnt a few ways around my lack of personal internet time, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Have fun on your trip.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Hello, everyone!

Thanks for the pretty banner! I actually hate pink, but it works well with the banner! I like it a lot.

Have fun while you're gone, Jen!

The good thing about sharing your bedroom with your younger sister: she does all the work. =D
    That's lucky! When I had to share a room with my younger sister I had to clean everything because she's the youngest.

OMG, you hate pink! I'm sorry! *runs away and hides* --Jennifer
    Oh, and in your sig - it might be hard for people to request from me since I don't have a banner thread. I just make them for SPEW.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    You poor people! I don't think I've had to share a room since I was four. I don't think I could ever share my space, especially from teen years on. I'm just so...particular about my personal space, such as how much walking space I require between bed/wall, etc. I'd probably drive a normal person mad.

And so this doesn't get much spammier, I never did get around to saying welcome back to Spire. *squish*
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

jenny b
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar
    And Jennifer? You're awesome. ♥ Just saying.
    Awww. I don't know why I'm awesome, but thanks, hun. *hugs*

I shared a room with my sister until I was about eleven and she was thirteen. I'm so glad that we stopped sharing before we turned into scary teenagers; she was awful in her teens. xD But I much, much prefer having my own bedroom.

Don't worry about disappearing for a bit, Jen! You (should) still have plenty of time to do the requirements. I usually do mine in a day or two, anyway. >.> Have fun with your family!

My body is aching so much - I went to a pump class at the gym with a friend and my housemate on Friday. It's now Sunday afternoon, and my limbs are still sore. I'm so unfit. Hopefully I feel better by tomorrow when we do a pilates class.

You need to post in the introduction thread, Alyssa!

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Have fun with your family, Kuri! =D I hope you have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    You poor people!
    That's very subjective, isn't it? I really like sharing my room with my sister. (It has a lot of perks, believe me.) It's not like I have to, but I prefer it. We use the room which is uh, apparently "mine," as a separate study room(meaning I don't sleep in there.) I don't like having beds near the place I study. I just don't. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Queen O' SPEW
    Awww. I don't know why I'm awesome, but thanks, hun. *hugs*
    LOL, you got back to me on that PM so fast I was amazed. And I didn't send you a Thank You PM, so I just decided to post here. To others who are wondering: So, this month I kind of forgot to copy the stories in the monthly CPP thread to the main thread and it got locked. I was basically not able to work with having to reformat and relink everything, and asked the Queen to help out. She got back to me in like half an hour! ♥

My body is aching so much - I went to a pump class at the gym with a friend and my housemate on Friday. It's now Sunday afternoon, and my limbs are still sore. I'm so unfit. Hopefully I feel better by tomorrow when we do a pilates class.
    >.> The reason I'm putting off rejoining a fitness/yoga class is because I've been through this before. <.< Feel better soon, dear.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

Just a thing that occurred to me. What happens if some dudes join SPEW? Does that mean they wear the 'newbie tiara'? Nice gender spotlight.

That's very subjective, isn't it? I really like sharing my room with my sister. (It has a lot of perks, believe me.) It's not like I have to, but I prefer it. We use the room which is uh, apparently "mine," as a separate study room(meaning I don't sleep in there.) I don't like having beds near the place I study. I just don't. >.>
    I shared a room with three people till I was seventeen. I shared a room with two others when I moved out. It's not a big deal. Really, if you grow up in that environment, you grow to miss it. Jess knows that I just clean up people's stuff if it bothers me. Really, that's the stuff I remember. During rainstorms and hurricanes in Pensacola or a death in the family, my sisters would sleep with me. We'd just pull everything on the floor. It was rather comforting.

jenny b
    Guys, would you mind posting in the rule changes thread to tell me if you agree with what I've decided or not? I posted a final set of changes a few days ago, but so far only Jess, Spire and Shar have replied. I'd really like the majority to agree before I implement the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    Just a thing that occurred to me. What happens if some dudes join SPEW? Does that mean they wear the 'newbie tiara'?
    We used to have quite a few guys, but way back before most of you joined. And yes, they've always worn the tiaras.

And for my exciting news of the day, I've started knitting a scarf. My housemate and I are so bored with the holidays that we went and bought knitting needles and wool yesterday, and we've already taught ourselves how to knit. Success! I wish I was good enough to make cute hats and things, but I think I shall stick to scarves for now.