Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SPEW Babble #42

Vorona
    Ooh! I'm in great company, and the banner is gorgeous! I will update my signature shortly!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi, guys!

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for the triplet tiara . I love love love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Awesome Beta
    And what!?!? Ariana! My amazing author is here? We're fellow triplets? This just got way better.
    Yay, beta buddy! We're going to have so much fun on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorona
    Ooh! I'm in great company, and the banner is gorgeous! I will update my signature shortly!
    I know you as the SuperSmartLadyWhoAlwaysPostsHelpJustBeforeMe . Hello, fellow triplet!

SO I don't know if that was super spammy or not, cause I didn't answer TQ's, but TQ's are kind of not here, so...

xx Ariana xx

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Amortentia x
    -pops in-

EEEK. Triplets! How exciting

Welcome Elené, Ariana and Vorona! Elené I know of course (hello dear!) and I recognise Ariana and Vorona from around the boards. I'm Emma! Looking forward to getting to know you! Feel free to add me on LJ and AIM

I can never ever have a Friends burnout. I can't physically do it. I've started re-watching the series and am now on Series 2. But then again, I have an addictive personality, so can get quite easily, quite quickly and quite scarily attached to stuff. Plus, I like routine, and stuff I know

Sarah, I LOVE Dirty Dancing! The soundtrack! Patrick Swayze! I'm still gutted he died

I'm back to school. Can someone say ALLERGIC MUCH? Gah. My principal gave an hour-long speech. When you're still talking about personal grooming to seventeen/eighteen year old girls, you know something is wrong, like. Those of you who I'm friends with on LJ - I apologise now for the oh-so-imminent-and-inevitable-ranting that will begin soon

My wisdom tooth is growing at the moment and it so sore. Owie

*squishes SPEWlings*

Much love!

-pops out-

--Emma

Vorona
    I don't watch much TV, but the shows I do watch, I tend to get obsessive about. Then again, I tend to get obsessive about a lot of things. Anyway, I never really watched much of Friends. I saw a few episodes, and it wasn't so much that I didn't like them, it was more that I just had other things going on in my life that were more important. Same with Scrubs, actually. I remember really liking the few episodes I saw, but never really actually started watching it. I've never seen Gilmore Girls, though. Shows I've really gotten into include Twin Peaks, Picket Fences (which was very short-lived), Night Court, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Heroes (until it started dropping important and interesting plot threads), Monk, and Leverage. I'm not really sure if there's any commonality there at all. I guess I like mysteries, quirky characters, fantasy, and moral ambiguity.

Dirty Dancing? Yes, I really liked that movie, too. But I really like dancing, so I really liked the dancing parts. And ooh! Moral ambiguity! I just watched Mona Lisa Smile for one of my education classes, and it was great. I really enjoyed it.

As for this:
    I know you as the SuperSmartLadyWhoAlwaysPostsHelpJustBeforeMe . Hello, fellow triplet!
    Ha! Really? I've been pretty impressed with your help, too. As for me, I haven't been posting much help lately, though. I've been exhausted because school just started and I'm trying to adjust to the new schedule. I do generally like the OC threads, though. And for awhile, I was determined to resurrect all the older duel threads. There's still a bunch from 2008, though, so I'm not doing so well there lately either. But yes, being a triplet is a lot of fun.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful welcomes, and, as you can see, I finally updated my signature -- I think I'm a little behind the others.

jenny b
    I forgot you were a triplet, Hannah! I miss Sammy and Britt. And my triplets, Joanna and Julia. I feel like a SPEW orphan now ... but then again most of you came without triplets or even twins, so at least I'm not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Oh, more newbies. I feel like a grizzled SPEW veteran now.
    You feel like a SPEW veteran? It'll be my third SPEWiversary this December.

It still feels odd to have been here longer than all you lot. I remember when I was a newbie and I was absolutely terrified of all the amazing reviewers and SPEW chats were INSANE. We should have one soon! Triplets, do you all have AIM? If so, what are your screennames?

Now I don't mean to get all Head-ly (is that even a thing?) and spoil your party, but when dealing with the newbies it occured to me that a reread of the Extended SPEW Rules might be a good idea for all of you. I just did it, and even though they're a few years old now everything is still relevant. If you're considering going on hiatus, then please pay close attention to that section, since I will be sticking to that from now on. I would link to the rules but it's offsite, and I'm sure you all know where to find them anyway (spewbusiness comm on LJ).

To get all my nastiness over with in one post, don't forget that your reviews and monthly activities are due in VERY soon.

And GAH, now the evil posts-appearing-in-the-wrong-order has invaded the SPEW forum?! Nooo!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    ETA: And newbies, you don't need to do requirements for August. Just in case you get worried about having two days to do your reviews.
    Ha! Half the time, we end up doing all our requirements in the last two days of the month anyway. >.>

Oh, more newbies. I feel like a grizzled SPEW veteran now. Maybe I'm just grizzled....

Crap, I've gone mental again. I need to sleep more. >.<
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

h_vic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorona
    Shows I've really gotten into include Twin Peaks, Picket Fences (which was very short-lived), Night Court, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Heroes (until it started dropping important and interesting plot threads), Monk, and Leverage.
    Ooh, I've always wanted to watch Twin Peaks because I've heard so much about it from my Dad. I should really just get it on DVD one day. I really loved Buffy when it was first on (I was totally addicted to both that and Dawson's Creek in my teens, although I rather lost track of the last couple of series of both when I went to uni). Monk brings back fond memories too - the boys I lived with got addicted to it in our last year of uni.

ER and The OC have been amongst my TV addictions too, and Doctor Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    I forgot you were a triplet, Hannah! I miss Sammy and Britt. And my triplets, Joanna and Julia. I feel like a SPEW orphan now ... but then again most of you came without triplets or even twins, so at least I'm not alone!
    Well, at least we are both SPEW orphans so we aren't alone in our triplet-less-ness. I don't think I ever knew Julia - I think she vanished before I joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    And GAH, now the evil posts-appearing-in-the-wrong-order has invaded the SPEW forum?! Nooo!
    Mine went funny for the first time yesterday. i think I've managed to fix it now so that the timestamp on my posts is actually the time at which I posted, but in order to do that I had to set my timezone to Moscow/Baghdad!

CoolCatElly
    O, Hannah, a one-shot? Thank you, I was a bit bored today :-D

Monk brings back fond memories too - the boys I lived with got addicted to it in our last year of uni.
    I don't know any of the other series you mentioned, but yes, Monk is awesome! I was so sad when it stopped.

RE: Friends
    I love how Friends is just one of those shows you can watch again and again and still find hilarious. I bought the 10th anniversary box set last January sale and like to put them on whenever I have nothing else to watch.

I find it interesting that no-one's brought up any CW or ABC shows, I don't know about you guys but I'm so excited for the new seasons this September! Though it does take ages to stream them online - we don't get them for months after the US in the UK :-(

It still feels odd to have been here longer than all you lot. I remember when I was a newbie and I was absolutely terrified of all the amazing reviewers and SPEW chats were INSANE. We should have one soon! Triplets, do you all have AIM? If so, what are your screennames?
    I have you on AIM, don't I? I have Ariana too, Vorona, do you have AIM?

Anyway, got to run, I have a book to finish reading :-P

Bye Bye

Vorona
    Twin Peaks is . . . interesting. I watched Season 1 again a few years ago, and the plot happened a lot faster than I remembered it happening---i.e. too fast. Maybe that's the result of watching it on DVD all at once instead of having to wait a week or so for episodes. I still liked it, but I have a kind of warped mind. I really need to see Dr. Who, but I think that's going to have to wait until I'm out of my parents' house because I end up accidentally watching so much TV with them (it's on and I have a low capacity for resisting plot or food shows or Jeopardy . . . ) that I don't usually want to watch TV without them, and I can't see them going for Dr. Who. I have no idea what is coming up on any channels, so I'm not really specifically excited about anything.

I have AIM, but I hardly use it. If something was announced in advance, I'd try to make it (depending on my schedule), but I'm not just automatically on. I don't remember what my username is either. I could get a second one, though.

Oh, and yes -- I'm constantly having to change my time zone. So strange!

I did read over the expanded rules, although, aside from the Chat rules, I'm pretty sure I've read them all somewhere before.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny b
    Mine's on my profile page or whatever it's called, but if you're lazy like me () it's: arianamarie920

I can't wait for one of these famous SPEW chats !

Monk brings back fond memories too - the boys I lived with got addicted to it in our last year of uni.
    I love Monk so much! I really wanted it to win an Emmy this year! But my absolute favorite TV show is House...I'm in love with it!

I really should be doing my homework right now...but it's so, utterly, completely, boring. We're reading "The Epic of Gilgamesh" and there's hardly any dialogue (and by dialogue, I mean understandable dialogue). And I have about twenty four pre-reading questions to answer...
    Probably a good idea to end this message .

xx Ariana xx

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.