Thread: Wizard Publishing Company

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Wizard Publishing Company

Do we know of any know publishing companies within the Harry Potter books? Do we ever here mention of who publishes the textbooks or Gilderoy Lockhart's books?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Racing Co
    Well... we know of at least one big publishing house, and that's the Daily Prophet. Since it appearsto be pretty much the only major daily newspaper in wizarding England, the Prophet probably has expansive printing equipment capable of producing certain types books (probably softcover) in addition to rolling off newsprint.

While they would certainly not be in the textbook business, I could see the Daily Prophet printing collections of stories or a short book written by one of their staff members. The Daily Prophet (or Daily Prophet Inc., or whatever the actual company is called) also probably makes good money printing orders for smaller companies that do not own a press.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quidditch Through the Ages is published by Whizz Hard Books, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is published by Obscurus Books.

Tim the Enchanter