Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Potato Peeler: No Longer Available

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Hello! (Err, sorry it took me so long to post this, I kinda forgot. )

UserName: Sagen on both.
    Title: Right now I have If You Change Your Mind, but that might change.
    Genre: Romance.
    Ships: James/Lily.
    Rating and Warnings: Rating: 3rd-5th years. Warnings: Sexual Situations, Self Injury*, Violence.
    Word Count: I have four chapters done so far. Chapter One: 1721 words. Chapter Two: 2537 words. Chapter Three: 2142 words. Chapter Four: 2379 words. So about 1500-2600 a chapter.
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered, I'll have about 10-12 of them.
    Expected Beta Time: Oh anytime, really.
    Permanent Y/N: For this, yes please.
    Summary:
    They say that your last year of school is supposed to be your best. Too bad that isnít true for Lily Evans and James Potter. Who knew that everything can be ruined in a week? First an over-the-top crush, then two friendships. Can you fix everything by someone changing their mind or is it too late once itís over?
    I'll probably change this later.
    What kind of help are you looking for?: I know for a fact that my Severus is OOC, but I'm not too sure about the rest of the characters. Also, my plot, as I'm not sure it makes sense.

*The self-injury is a slight eating disorder.
    This is a sequel to my one-shot, Daddy's Little Girl. It's not necessary to read this, but it does mention some things that happened in it.
    Thanks soo, much!
    Gen

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    umm... so the last post I saw was that you were unavailable to beta, but that was in the summer and it is now December...

UserName: rachelnotrach
    Title: A Very Sirius Christmas
    Genre:Marauder Era
    Ships: James/Lily
    Rating and Warnings: 1st-2nd year, no warnings
    Word Count: 2216
    One Shot or Chaptered: One Shot
    Expected Beta Time: It's for the GH Of Christmas' Past, Present and Future challenge, so a couple days before the deadline (12/15/10)
    Permanent Y/N: No
    Summary: The Marauders celebrate Harry's first Christmas together while Lily tries to reconcile her old visions of how this Christmas should be with the realities of the war.
    What kind of help are you looking for?: Mostly grammar, but any feedback is welcome. I have issues with comma usage and run-on sentences.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Waddiwasi!
    Hey Rachel! I'm terribly sorry, but I won't be able to work with you right now as I am in the midst of a hellish semester exam.

~Natalie

BE BACK BY CHRISTMAS!
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hey, I hope you're available again!

UserName: lucca4 on both
    Title: It Takes Two to Tango
    Genre: Femmeslash
    Ships: Lavender/Parvati
    Rating and Warnings: 6th-7th years; sexual situations, mild profanity, slash
    Word Count: 2719
    One Shot or Chaptered: One-shot
    Expected Beta Time: How ever long it takes you .
    Permanent Y/N: It's just a one-shot, so no.
    Summary: (subject to change)

They cannot keep doing this; it is only a matter of whose resolve will break first. They may have grown distant, their friendship may never mend, but something else has begun. Similarly to the sultry dance so similar to their stolen kisses, drifting apart is only the beginning.
    What kind of help are you looking for?: General help; I've never written slash before and I'm not sure exactly how much work this needs.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Waddiwasi!
    Ariana, I am sorry for the late reply. I lost internet connection for a few days. I would like to work on your story, though. Will PM you my email.

A general announcement:

I know I have been on an extended hiatus for a long time. Right now, my RL is a blooming mess due to college+work+other commitments, so I've been gradually cutting down the time I spend online. It really, really depresses me to say this but I don't think I'll be beta-reading any longer. At least not for a long time. And...I do feel bad keeping this thread selfishly and letting it rot. I'm going to be leaving the Guild completely soon. I just want to say that it was wonderful and fun working with you. There wouldn't have been any QSQ without you. Keep writing!

~Natalie
    ]

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Belching up Slugs
    Hiya Natalie. I know you said in your last post that you wouldn't be beta'ing, but you've looked at most of the femmeslash fics out there, so I really hope you can do this, although if you can't, I really do understand too. I think Alex/welshdevondragon might've PM'd you about this before anyway, so yeah. Like I said, though, feel free to say no -- it's your time I'd be taking up, and I get it if you're not up for it/don't have time.

User Name: xxbabewithbrainsxx on the archives and babewithbrains on the beta boards
    Story: Trust In Me
    Genre: Femmeslash, although it could fit into Dark/Angsty and Next Generation too.
    Ships: Dominique/OC (the OC is a girl) and a tiny, tiny hint of Scorose.
    Rating and Warnings: OK. I don't know if it's 3rd-5th or 6th-7th, but that could be something you could help me with. And warnings -- well, this is a rather long list. But I'll explain each one as I go along and hopefully, it won't seem as bad:

Strong Profanity: This isn't a big deal, really. Strong language crops up only a few times, so it's all right. This is the third of my stories to have this warning, by the way.

Sexual Situations: I'll be honest -- there are no actual sexual situations in the story. If you read -- or rather, squint -- in between the lines, you might think that there's implied sex, but there's nothing more than heated kisses there really. I just put the warning to avoid angry letters

Slash: This is self-explanatory. There's an SSP in this story. Having said that, this is in no way graphic or explicit and like I said, they don't go beyond kissing.

Abuse: This is quite minor and it's not in great detail.

Suicide: Again, not in great detail.

Character Death: The name says it all

DH Spoilers: Ditto.

Substance Abuse: This is for underage tipsiness. And the drinkers are fifteen plus, so it's not a huge deal.

Violence: Well, abuse would count as violence, but I thought I'd put it separately.

Word Count: 7665 words, but depending on how things go, this could increase a little or decrease.
    One Shot or Chaptered: Oneshot.
    Expected Beta Time: Quite frankly, I'm not too fussed. Just within three weeks. I'd say that's reasonable enough.
    Permanent Y/N: Just for this story, please. I now have four confirmed betas for this story and you'll be the fifth. So really, if you can't do it, I understand, but I think you're the queen of femmeslash beta'ing so I'd love to know your thoughts on it. As well as that, I think you know how much I love your stories
    Summary:

Gabriella Zabini is a Slytherin. A Slytherin with a family life that is messy, in every sense of the word. When Gabriella meets Dominique Weasley through the new NEWT Mentoring Scheme, sparks instantly shoot between the two. Will they trust their instincts ó and, more importantly, each other ó or will they let peer and family pressure get in the way of their blossoming relationship?
    Anything else: Pretty pretty please?

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Do you still beta?
    ~Nidhi
    [
    Amazing Avvie by Nadia and Beautiful Banner by BP!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Waddiwasi!
    I don't take requests any longer, sorry. I now impose myself on those unfortunate few who may or may not want their fics beta-read by me, but cannot escape the offer because I have good wine stored in my cellar.

~Natalie, who ought to have closed this thread
    ]