Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Potato Peeler: No Longer Available

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi Natalie! So much for taking the week off after last weekend's writing binge.

UserName: Gmariam/Gina
    Title: Of course I don't have one yet. Please.
    Genre: Drabble
    Ships: Er. . . sorta Lily/Remus but still canon
    Rating and Warnings: 3-5th/drinking
    Word Count: 800 word limit
    One Shot or Chaptered: neither, although this could so easily become a one-shot...
    Expected Beta Time: I'm going out of town next weekend and I think I'd like to post it before I leave.
    Permanent Y/N: Permament for this one, yes.
    Summary: This is for the June drabble challenge here. I chose the prompt about finding out what Lily was so kind to Remus about.
    What kind of help are you looking for? Ah, so much. First of all, I've had to cut a bunch to get it to 800 words and its still not there, so I might need help with that and with making sure it's not too choppy then. I'd love someone to either confirm or deny that it's plausible and in character. There are probably too many semi-colons. I need a title, of course. And Terri originally said it should be Remus's POV but said it could be Lily's POV; I'm wondering if by using Lily's POV I actually met the requirements of the prompt. I started tweaking it to Remus's POV so could always send that too.

I won't cry if you say no since I see a much longer request before mine. I'd be happy to return the favor any time! Thanks!
    ~Gina

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Bowing To Buckbeak
    mmmm...I have a free weekend, Gina, so you can send it over.

]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Oh dearest and most wonderful Natalie, I come with a request for your thread.

UserName: coolh5000
    Title: She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not (subject to change depending on whether you think it suits it)
    Genre: Other Pairing
    Ships: Teddy/Victoire
    Rating and Warnings: 1st-2nd, no warnings
    Word Count: 3000
    One Shot or Chaptered: One-shot
    Expected Beta Time: Doesn't matter
    Summary:
    Teddy Lupin is pretty happy with his life. He has a good job and a wonderful girlfriend. With Victoire having just graduated Hogwarts, Teddy decides that he is ready to make the ultimate commitment to her. He has the ring, he’s made the arrangements and he’s practiced his speech. The only thing left is to actually ask her, but that is the last of his worries, because if there is one thing he is sure of, it’s that Victoire loves him. Or does she?
    What kind of help are you looking for?: To just generally tell me if it's terrible, and to spot any mistakes I might have missed.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Bowing To Buckbeak
    Heeheehee. Sure, Hannah. Send it over.

Oh wait! It's already in my inbox.

To everybody else,

AVAILABLE FOR ONE OR TWO ONE-SHOTS!
    ]

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    UserName: Your name on MNFF : Equinox Chick
    Title: Dean Thomas and the Reiver Curse
    Genre:Post Hogwarts
    Ships: Ummm, Dean/OC and possibly Draco/OC
    Rating and Warnings: 6th-7th Sexual Situations. Profanity (possibly)
    Word Count: 3000 ish words per chapter
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered (this is chapter 3)
    Expected Beta Time: Umm, whenever. The story has been on hold for over a year, I expect any remaining fans can wait - ha ha.
    Permanent Y/N: yeppers
    Summary:
    “Muggle-born, eh?” said the first man.

“Not sure,” said Dean. “My dad left my mum when I was a kid. I’ve got no proof he was a wizard, though.” **

Dean Thomas’ life is a mess. While the Trio were Horcrux-hunting and the Gryffindors were reforming Dumbledore’s Army, he was on the run. Living on his wits, he paired up with Ted Tonks, only to see him killed by Death Eaters.

He spent a year away from Hogwarts dreaming of a day he could return, but as September 1st 1998 approaches, he realises he cannot go back.

There are things he needs to do and a past he needs to discover before he can move on.
    What kind of help are you looking for?: It's been so long since I wrote this, I'm not sure it works anymore. Punctuation etc etc etc.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Bowing To Buckbeak
    Yeah, sounds like a good story. Could you provide the archive link to your story?

Thank you!
    ]

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Will do

linkie

Thanking ye

Caroldemort
    50 flamin' characters. Gets me every time.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Hello, Natalie! Guess who wrote something!

UserName: ron lover
    Title: I don't have one yet.
    Genre: Either General or SSP
    Ships: Crabbe/ Goyle (I really like this pairing. )
    Rating and Warnings: Goyle drops the f-bomb once, and there's very minor sexual situations, so probably 3-5 year.
    Word Count: 1,131
    One Shot or Chaptered: I have to think about this. Right now I think its going to be a two chapter story, but the chapters are only going to be about 1,000 words a piece. I haven't written the second part yet so I don't know if I want to add the chapters together or make it two chapters. I think I want to make this a two chapter story. (I know that you said you weren't available for a chaptered fic, but if you look at this as getting two seperate short stories it won't be one. ) So yeah. I hope you can understand that.
    Expected Beta Time: When ever you have time. I'd like under two weeks, but I'm not bothered with getting it back quickly.
    Permanent Y/N: Maybe? I'm not sure at the moment.
    Summary: I don't have one yet, but Goyle kisses Crabbe. Crabbe doesn't like Goyle in that way, or at least he doens't think so. Nothing much happens in this chapter, actually. The next chapter will be more interesting.
    What kind of help are you looking for?: I need help with tenses (this is my first time writing like this) and the usual grammar stuff. I wrote this in three hours (from midnight to three a.m.) so I'm not sure if it makes sense to anyone else. The big thing I need help with is characterization. Should I drop more hints that Goyle likes Crabbe? I'd also like to know if this fic is too... bad. I don't want to submit anything bad. :P

I hope you can beta this, but if not that's understandable.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Bowing To Buckbeak
    Bring it on, Alyssa. As you know, I do like that pairing, especially when you are writing it.

I'll PM you my email right away.

Thanks!

Natalie.
    ]

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Nataliiiiieeee, oh Natalie,
    I know I've been a terrible beta for you lately, but I hope you still consider this

UserName: Karaley Dargen
    Title: Take Me Far Away
    Genre: Marauder Era
    Ships: Nothing so far. It all depends - I'll explain five steps down.
    Rating and Warnings: 1st-2nd and none so far. I don't think I'd write anything that you would be uncomfortable with.
    Word Count: I think chapters for this story would be around 1500-2000 words for the next two or three chapters, and then 3000-4000 words max.
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    Expected Beta Time: Two weeks? You can always tell me when something comes up, of course. If anyone should understand, it's me :P
    Permanent Y/N: So, here's the explanation, or sort of... I have absolutely no idea where exactly I'm going with this fic. I might continue it throughout year one, or until the end of year seven, I really don't know. I would love for you to beta it, because I think you're a fantastic writer and you already know the story, which sort of helps a bit. If you decide to beta this, and it gets too long for you, or you are too busy in two months, or you just don't like it/me anymore, I will, of course, understand. If you say it's all too wishy-washy for you already, I'll just go hunt on.
    Summary:
    In his school years, Remus Lupin became known as a "bookworm": Where he went, he usually went with something to read. But those weren't textbooks, as many of his fellow students originally thought – they were books of great adventures, of other worlds, that drew him in and let him forget about his worries.

But how did this boy grow to love, even to need books so much? When Remus Lupin was a child, there was little he could do; his overprotective father never let him go outside on his own, and least of all was he allowed to play with other children. But he had other friends – he had his books, to take him far away, to different places.

Until one day, a stranger arrives at the Lupins' doorstep, and he might not need his books to find a different world anymore after all.
    Basically, expanding the oneshot that this originally was, I want to follow Remus as he starts at Hogwarts. It begins in year one, and it will stay there for quite a while at least.

What kind of help are you looking for?: Sentence flow and structure, and SPaG in general, though I hope I'm not too problematic there. Feel free to restructure sentences if you think they're hard to read... I think I lack judgement there a bit lately. I use British spelling, if that's important for you.

And if you have any bright ideas in any way at all (plot, too), I'd always love to hear them.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey