Thread: Ages

Lovemagic

Ages

Hello peoples,

I've been (lazily) trying to research accurate information on Minerva Mcgonagall, Pomona Sprout, and Filius Flitwick's ages... but I've not found anything.

I'm not sure if Sprout's and Flitwick's ages are known at all, but McGonagall's age is supposed to be around seventy, I think.

So mostly I need help on McGonagall's age. How old would she be in 1997 at the end of Deathly Hallows, and what year was she born in? How long has she been teaching?

If anyone could give me the right info on McGonagall, and maybe even guess at the other two, I'd be really grateful!

Hayden

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemagic
    Hello peoples,

I've been (lazily) trying to research accurate information on Minerva Mcgonagall, Pomona Sprout, and Filius Flitwick's ages... but I've not found anything.

I'm not sure if Sprout's and Flitwick's ages are known at all, but McGonagall's age is supposed to be around seventy, I think.

So mostly I need help on McGonagall's age. How old would she be in 1997 at the end of Deathly Hallows, and what year was she born in? How long has she been teaching?

If anyone could give me the right info on McGonagall, and maybe even guess at the other two, I'd be really grateful!

Hayden
    According to the Harry Potter wiki, Minerva McGonagall was born on 4 October 1925.

The birthdays of Sprout and Flitwick are 15 May and 17 October, respectively, but their ages are unknown.

Tim the Enchanter

late_stranger
    On HP Lexicon, Flitwick's age isn't listed, but he is described as "ancient". Judgin by that, and his description, I would make him older than McGonagall.

Sprout, on the other hand, is still older, but not as old as McGonagall at all. I would place her as 55, at the most.