Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SPEW Members Introductions

Fantasium

SPEW Members Introductions

Hello, dearest SPEW.

When reading the introduction of our most recent and adorable newbie, I realised how that particular thread is getting a bit outdated. Several members have had to leave us for various reasons, and most of those who introduced us early on should probably update our information anyway. So, instead of deleting the introductions written by our old members and asking everyone else to update theirs, my dear Vice President and I decided that it was time for a new thread. The introduction form is slightly altered from last time, and we hope that you will enjoy filling it out as much as we enjoyed putting it together!

HTML Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Penname/Author's Page:[/b]
    [b]House:[/b]
    [b]Why You're In SPEW:[/b]
    [b]Favourite Non-HP Reading Material:[/b]
    [b]What You Do When You're Not Online:[/b]
    [b]What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For:[/b]
    [b]Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories:[/b]
    [b]Favourite Pairings/Characters:[/b]
    [b]Favourite Story You've Written:[/b]
    [b]Three Random Things About Yourself:[/b]
    My apologies to all newbies for the slight inconvenience. If anyone would like to view the old thread, it has been transferred to the SPEW Archive.

Now - have fun!

GringottsVault711
    Name: Jenna
    Penname/Author's Page: GringottsVault711 [primary] The Vault [6th/7th Years/Professors fics]
    House: Slytherin
    Why You’re In SPEW: It’s really about the writing for me; and the fellowship.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Neil Gaiman, Philip Pullman, and authors of modernism and from the early 20th century in general - Somerset Maugham, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Graham Greene, Kate Chopin. A small collection of graphic novels, including the Sin City series. I also have a fondness for Ian McEwan, and am considering delving into Bernard Schlink.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: I work at a petshop, and do mundane things like cleaning and cooking. And of course their is reading.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: I tend to be known for writing scandalous stories, really. I find it more natural to write stories with an element of darkness, though that darkness isn't always necessarily prominent; it often is, though. I'm probably best known for my seventh-year fic, Blood Debt, and my WIP centred around my OC, Siobhan Murphy. And for writing rarepairs. Though I do occasionally suprise people with a James/Lily or *looks at most recent WIP*, Draco/Ginny.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Authors: Fantasium, electronicquillster, dory_the_fishie, Slian Martreb, Vindictus Viridian, bittersweet_lullaby. Stories: Vacillation & Volition by Fantasium. It Matches Your Eyes by bittersweet_lullaby, Even Fallen Angels Love by Vindictus Viridian, When The Church Bells Ring by TheVanishingAct. The Moon People by Ennalee.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: I'm a Harry fangirl. Whenever it seems I might have forgotten him, I haven't. It all comes back to Harry. I also love Lily, Narcissa, Lucius, and Fleur. And the founders My favourite pairings are: Siobhan/Lucius, Lily/Narcissa, Harry/Katie, Ron/Hermione, Tom/Minerva, and Rowena/Salazar.
    Favourite Story You've Written: Sins of the Father, as far as WIPs, and I Know Who You Are.
    Three Random Things About You:
    I like tea, my favourite being Twining's Irish Breakfast.
    I have lived in four countries.
    I love lockets, keys and frog princes.

Aska
    (I was promised a treat for doing this.)

Name: Aska
    Author's Page: I consider this to be my page at the main site.
    House: I didn’t know they sort dogs now?
    Why You're In SPEW: I’m the mascot. I keep an eye on things.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Don’t Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor, A Way of Life by H Glyn Jones, How to Photograph Dogs by Nick Ridley, and anything by Barbara Sykes.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: I practice being cute and cuddly, I make sure that my little brother Sirius behaves, and I empty the toy-box so that he can put them everything back again. I also like to do some herding, lie on Ashley’s bed, and occasionally I do some light begging.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Be Known For: Ones where I’m perfectly sweet and obedient. Fiction is nice that way.
    Favourite MNFF Stories: Noir House by Marie and It’s A Dog’s Life by Steph – I’m in both of them.
    Favourite Characters: Hagrid seems fun, but a bit irresponsible. I like McGonagall and Dumbledore; I would obey them. Then there is Charlie Weasley who has got the right idea about animals; he seems very nice. The same goes for that other character I’ve been hearing so much about, Liam Something.

Three Random Things About Yourself:

- A nasty accident involving lots of acid took place while I was being conceived.
    - My favourite non-meat treat is cucumber.
    - I have 17 full brothers and sisters, and even more half-siblings.

dory_the_fishie
    Name: Leanne
    Penname/Author's Page: I like one-shots, what can I say?
    House: Hufflepuff, yo
    Why You're In SPEW: I think the question is - why wasn't I before? I love leaving reading/reviewing fics, and the people here are just teh amazing.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: J.R.R. Tolkien, Stephenie Meyers...favorite books include: 1984, Eats, Shoots, and Leaves, Pride and Prejudice, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Angels and Demons, the Da Vinci Code, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Kite Runner, and I Capture the Castle
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Well, school is time-consuming, that's for sure. -_- But I also like to just hang out with my friends, sing, write (I know, crazy), and read. Music is my other passion; I'm quite a nerd about it, really. Oh, and I adore football [soccer], particularly German football. Like, a lot.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: I may or may not have a lot of Dark/Angsty fics. -shifty eyes- I've written some romance as well. I think I'm mostly known for writing fics about the Blacks.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Anything by Noldo is pure love. I also enjoy reading Marie-Antoinette by Tinn Tam, Tangled by Bella_Mia, and Meant to Be by chloish.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: James/Lily, Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, Andromeda/Ted, Leanne/Sirius, Mar/Regulus...I've also been known to like Narcissa/Lucius, Remus/Tonks, and various rare pairs. I can be pretty open when it comes to ships, though I tend towards canon.
    Favourite Story You've Written: Meh, I don't really have one. It changes every time I write something new. At the moment I'm favoring Brothers On A Hotel Bed and You Can Sit On Chimneys.
    Three Random Things About Yourself: 1. I'm a twin (both online and in RL...though in RL, my twin is male). 2. I'm addicted to chapstick (actually, Burt's Bees). 3. I like to write on my hand, and usually it's a song lyric that pops into my head.

ElectronicQuillster
    -posts next to twin-

Name: Marie
    Penname/Author's Page: ElectronicQuillster
    House: Hufflepuff
    Why You're In SPEW: It’s irresistable. Once a king or queen of SPEW, always a king or queen of SPEW.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: The Chronicles of Narnia, Dumas, The Great Gatsby, Twilight
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Work, School, Sleep
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: My stories tend to be love stories with some sort of canon twisting. Colorful characters. Hearty descriptions. For some reason people like my dialogue, but it's the hardest thing for me.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Well, Jenna is obviously brilliant. I'm addicted to "Curse of the Reapers" and "Moments of Bliss." I'm friends with many fabulous authors, and I always enjoy reading their work.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Marie/Regulus, Cedric/Katie, Harry/Siobhan, Ron/Hermione, Leanne/Sirius, gotta love the Marauders, Weasley twins are fabulous, etc.
    Favourite Story You've Written: Probably Noir House. I also like my WIPs, but I've fallen out of touch with them (hopefully that will change soon).
    1. I have a twin. -points to Leanne's profile directly above-
    2. My music infatuation is more of like...music being as necessary as oxygen.
    3. Regulus is not my first imaginary boyfriend. Heavens, no. But don't tell him that.

jenny b
    Hi! *waves manically*

Name: Jennifer
    Penname/Author's Page: jenny b
    Why You're In SPEW: Hmmm... well, because everyone loves a good review, and I like to make people happy by leaving good reviews! And you all seems so crazy, which suits me perfectly!
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Pride and Prejudice, of course, because I have a fangirl crush on Mr Darcy. I also lurve trashy teenage romance novels.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Well ... not much. Sleep, eat, play netball, talk utter crap with my friends, flirt with the cute boy in my English class ...
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Romantic, sometimes funny stuff. I only have one story up on Mugglenet, because I can never find the time to write, but I have another oneshot being betaed.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: *****cat123 is brilliant, and my favourite story at the moment is Red and Gold Silk Boxer Shorts by fg_weasley.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Pairing: James/Lily. I will say no more. The Marauders are my favourite characters too, and Tonks, Ginny, Luna and Neville.
    Favourite Story You've Written: My unpublished Sirius/Oc oneshot, which is with my beta ... I have put so much work into it, and it's for my friend, who loves Sirius.
    I am an Australian vegetarian.
    I always mix up my letters when I type fast.
    No one in my family knows about my Mugglenet obsession, which is rather weird considering I'm on here 24/7.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Yay!

Name: Nikki
    Penname/Author's Page: Black Tribute, basically...
    Why You're In SPEW: I love getting SPEW reviews and I've recently started leaving longer ones... they're a lot more fun than just a general one; more personal, you know?
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: My all time favorite book is Paint It Black. I also love White Oleander, The Outsiders, the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, To Kill A Mockingbird ... and too many others to count. I can't believe I forgot The Perks of Being a Wallflower and the Great Gatsby. Fitzgerald is genius I tell you, genius.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Read, write, or a bunch of homework that I like to put off until the last minute.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: haha. Stories with either Regulus or Sirius....
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: The Upside of Being Down and It's Witchcraft are two big favs. I also love Things Aren't Always Black and White and Vanity and Pride.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: FRED WEASLEY. is my absolute favorite character. Then Sirius and Regulus, then Kingsley. Pairing: SIRIUS/LILY, man. Heck yes.
    Favourite Story You've Written: Puppet Heart Strings, for sure.
    1. I just got my nose pierced, but then the stud fell off yesterday so now its just an ugly silver post. Well, not ugly, but it looked much better with the turquiose stud.
    2. I'm slightly in love (okay, more than slightly) with Pirates and all things British
    3. Music is my drug. I like to get my fix in classic rock.

xox
    nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Indigoenigma
    Name: Kelly
    Penname/Author's Page: Indigoenigma --> my page
    House: Hufflepuff!
    Why You're In SPEW: Because I figured that it was an excellent step towards my goal of world domination. Just kidding! I'm here because I've been the happy recipiant of several SPEW reviews and I would very much like to give that feeling of happiness to other writers.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: The Hours (Michael Cunningham) is a favorite of mine. Michener's Hawaii and Patrick Dennis' Auntie Mame, though, remain my favorite books of all time. I am fond of just about anything that comes my way, though I do prefer happy endings.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Homework. And then more homework. Did I mention homework? I also spend time with my poor boyfriend, read until I drop, and watch romantic comedies. I'm also a fan of baseball and spend time watching the games.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: A variety. I think, though, that I've written mostly general stories with a few Other Pairing romances mixed in. Oh, and one slash story added just for flavor.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Authors: Seren, Jenna!, and Slian Martreb. Stories: Summer Letters, The Pursuit, Wednesday Dates
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: I do have a soft spot for Ron/Hermione. I'm also becoming quite fond of Sirius/Lily. And I think most SPEW-ers share this with me, but I am also rather fond of Siobhan/Lucius. I also enjoy Dumbledore and Luna.
    Favourite Story You've Written: One that I just finished. It's entitled For Him and it's my first stab at Sirius/Lily. My favorite that I have posted, though, is All He Knew.
    1. I have very long, brown hair. It's past my waist at this point.
    2. I got my driver's license about three months ago and it is now legal for me to drive myself places.
    3. My favorite breakfast is eggs and catsup with a glass of milk. Though, if I am tired, tea is lovely.

~Kelly

BertieBotsBeans741
    *bounces excitedly*

Name: Brittany
    Penname/Author's Page: BertieBotsBeans741
    House: Gryffindor
    Why You're In SPEW: Getting reviews is just an amazing feeling but what's even better is when they have substance and are thought out and the reviewer is really trying to help the author. SPEW looked like a lovely group to belong to.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Most recently, it's been Twilight. It's a shame that I haven't had the time to really read anything new. I am fond of many classics too, as we own a lot of them.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: I swim, am immensely interested in film and photography, do mindless things with my friends, procrastinate, read, write, and do other normal things such as sleeping and eating.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: I suppose Marauder Era stories. I don't have much up yet, mostly because I just haven't gotten around to it. But, yeah, I pretty much only write fics set in Marauder Era.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: I love anything by Nikki, like Recipe for Disaster *squee* and Red and Gold Silk Boxer Shorts. Moments of Bliss is up there too. Those are the ones that some to mind though I have many favorites. Lately, I've been getting into things I'd ever imagined I'd enjoy.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: James/Lily is my OTP. I love Sirius/OC and Regulus/OC. My favorite characters are most definitely the Marauders, Lily, and Regulus. I'll limit it to that for now.
    Favourite Story You've Written: I think I'll have to go with Eclipse. If it's one that has to be up on MNFF.
    I am impatient and oversensitive (also indecisive and I have much trouble narrowing things down).
    I have a little Sheltie named Molly who I adore.
    My favorite color is aqua!

Brittany

R_Ravenclaw
    Name: Alison
    Penname/Author's Page: R_Ravenclaw
    House: Ravenclaw
    Why You're In SPEW: To make me into a better reviewer and better writer, and of course to get to know all of the great people here!
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Gone With the Wind, Watership Down, Dune, The Wizard of Oz series, Eats, Shoots and Leaves, Importance of Being Earnest, Great Gatsby, As I Lay Dying, The Fountainhead, and many more…
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Read or watch excessive amounts of Gilmore Girls.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: I've written quite a few stories about Rodolphus.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Authors: Kerichi and Hermione_Rocks. Stories: Never Meant to Be, Secret Boxes, A Tale of Two Matchmakers, Slaughter-Dew, and a lot more that I can't really think of…
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Characters: Sirius, Draco, Rodolphus, Bellatrix, Ginny, Ron, Lucius, Narcissa. Pairings: Draco/Ginny, Sirius/Lily, Ron/Hermione, Lucius/Narcissa.
    Favourite Story You've Written: My favourite by far is my newest WIP, A Hieroglyphic World. I also love two of my one-shots, Someday Never Comes and Only Him.

- I'm obsessed with the Civil War.
    - I was stupid and decided to take 5 AP classes next year
    - I have an over-protective kitty named Ferguson who beats up other cats if I pet them.