Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPEW Members Introductions

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Hi everyone!

Name: Bine
    Penname/Author's Page: luinrina and look at your own risk...
    House: Hufflepuff
    Why You're In SPEW: to help authors with my reviews, and to learn to make my reviews better
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Lord of the Rings, Highland-Saga from Diana Gabaldon and Wolfgang Hohlbein (German author)
    What You Do When You're Not Online: working >.<
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: hm, not sure. I try to write different things and am not committed to one genre or cat.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Cassandra's Cross, megan_lupin and moonymaniac; stories: too many to list, but a few are on my favourites list on my author page
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Character: Sirius; pairing: I read every pairing, but my OTP is Lily/James
    Favourite Story You've Written: Shining Through Blackness
    Three Random Things About Yourself:
    1) I'm much too addicted to my computer since I have internet at home - but it's worth it
    2) I can't really stand coffee - but I drink it with hot chocolate
    3) Whenever I'm stuck with my stories and need ideas I phone my sister - she's great at getting ideas
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

XhayleeXblackX
    Hello, dears!

Name: Haylee

Penname/Author's Page: XhayleeXblackX - Author's Page

House: Slytherin . . . hiss . . .

Why You're In SPEW:

Because itís awesome, duh. Nah, just kidding, well it is awesome, but Iím here to grow as a reviewer and a writer, and to share what I can with others. Also to have some fun, read some great stories, and meet new people.

Favourite Non-HP Reading Material:

Oh dear, this is hard. Well, I like the Leven Thumps series; itís kind of lighthearted and sort of similar to the style of HP. I love To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, Angela's Ashes, and other than that, I haven't read much outside of the things I have been assigned to read in school.

What You Do When You're Not Online:

Oh, the usual: read, write, have plot bunny brainstorms and psychotic dreams. Otherwise, I'm getting ready to go off to my freshman year of college to study Psychology, which scares me to death. I like to hang out with my family and friends, drink iced latte's (addicted), and just listen to music.

What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For:

Hm, Draco fics, I suppose. I donít really have enough to be known for anything or big followings, so I donít know what I would be known for other than Draco.

Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories:

NikkiSue, Social Loner, Sarakime, and Leahsm2 are all in my favorite authors for sure, and I love Euphrates' and Lalalalatinaís poetry. As for favorite stories, the legendary Sins of the Father (which I think you will all be familiar with ), Broken Souls by kingbobrules, First Comes Friendship by Social Loner, and Nicoleís Safe Haven. I know I have many others that I adored, but I canít remember them because I usually only save chaptered stories in my favorites.

Favourite Pairings/Characters:

Draco is my favorite character, but I also love Harry, Oliver Wood, Narcissa, and Ron. I really like reading Dramione fics, I'm a confessed addict, and I like the occasional Ron/Hermione, Rose/Scorpius, or Lucius/Narcissa story.

Favourite Story You've Written:

A Black Rose. I really think that itís some of my best work, but I also love the Narcissa one-shot I recently wrote, which I am dying to submit. So itís a tie between those two. Out of my poetry though, I would have to say that I am most proud of Silent Prisoner, Mindless Toy.

1. I have spacing OCD issues.
    2. I donít really care all that much for chocolate. *dodges tomatoes*
    3. I call everyone dear.

*Squishes*

-Haylee

MerryD
    Name: Mere
    Penname/Author's Page: MerrryD
    House: HUFFLEPUFF!
    Why You're In SPEW: Because I love reviewing and knowing that I can help authors.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Anything by Jane Austen, Jane Eyre, the Gemma Doyle trilogoy, anything by Sarah Dessen, To Kill a Mockingbird, some other books...
    What You Do When You're Not Online: ride/spend time with my horses, write, watch West Wing, Alias, and Buffy on DVD, cook/bake, do yoga, school/homework.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: -shrugs- I don't know?!
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: lullaby BANG, Nikki (fg_weasley)/ My Constant by, MoRoCcAnAnDpRoUd and The Curtain Call by, Amelia Bedelia.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: James/Lily, Dean/Luna, Sirius/OC / Lily, Ginny, Hermione, Fred and George, Oliver...
    Favourite Story You've Written: Blood, Tears, and a Diamond

-Due to the amount of time I spend outside and the different clothes that I wear when I'm outside, I'm five different colors right now.
    - My journal has cakes on it. (It's a copy of the painting Cakes by, Wayne Thibaud.)
    - I'm vegetarian.

Peace out.

-Mere

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Name: Afifa
    Penname/Author's Page: Afifa/ Link
    Why You're In SPEW: I'd always wanted to be a part of this community. It's a really fun and educational at the same time. And I'd love to get to know the other SPEWers better, and learn to write better reviews.
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Remember When by Judith McNaught, books by Georgette Heyer, etc. It's a long list.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Read, write [I have this thing of writing on paper, and then typing it up ], watch television, go out with friends, sleep, talk, draw, help my mother with the small house hold chores. Study?
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Marauder era and Romance [James/Lily and Other Pairing]
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: fg_weasley [Nikki], p*ssycat123 [Amy], Schmerg_The_Impaler, Things Aren't Always Black and White by padfootsgirl1981, The Curtain Call by Amelia Bedelia, etc.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: James/Lily, Hermione/Draco, Sirius/me. The Marauders, Draco.
    Favourite Story You've Written: A Black Rose and a White Lily
    - I love smilies.
    - I love books.
    - I love writing.

Lol. Lame, I know.

- Afifa
    - Write - Beta - Drabble - Duel - Help -

Awesome avvie by Minna/minnabird.

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Name: H.J.

Penname/Author's Page: Hermoine Jean Granger

House: Ravenclaw!

Why You're In SPEW:I like reviewing stories, and I think being in SPEW would help me improve upon that. Oh, I also love meeting new people. I hope to meet loads of people, and have lots of fun!

Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: I love the works of Robert Ludlum, John Grisham, Robin Cook, Jeffrey Archer, Issac Asimov, Arthur Clarke... the list would probably be endless. >.> I also love classics.

What You Do When You're Not Online: Study. Read. Write. Do Yoga. Swim.Think of what to do when I go online the next time.

What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Dark/Angst. >.>

Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Inverarity, Cassandras Cross, C_A_Campbell, Ginny_Alamalexia, Kerichi.

Favourite Pairings/Characters:I'm not a big fan of pairings, though I do read them occasionally. Characters: Voldemort, Remus Lupin and Hermione Granger.

Favourite Story You've Written: SCREAM, an OF that I recently wrote.

1) I'm far too tall for my age. Height = 6 feet.

2) I <3 yoga.

3) I speak 5 languages fluently, and can write and read a very obscure language(Sanskrit).

ms. leading
    Name: Cassie, or Cass.
    Penname/Author's Page: cassie123
    Why You're In SPEW: To help writers improve their stories and future writing. Also, everyone always told me what a wonderful place SPEW is, so I wanted in
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: I love Jodi Picoult books.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Watch TV series' on DVD obsessively, and hang out with friends, and shop (when I have money), and sleep.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Andromeda/Ted, I think? Well, mostly Andromeda. A lot of my fics include her as the main character.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: I'm in love with Hatusu's A Certain Slant of Light, and anything by Nikki or kask is just lovely.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Andromeda/Ted, Rose/Scorpius, Lily/Scorpius, Draco/Astoria. I also love Regulus Black as a character.
    Favourite Story You've Written: I think it's either Don't Apologise or With the Cold.
    1. I have a fluro green pair of converse.
    2. My good luck charms generally give me bad luck.
    3. Most people think my hair is naturally straight; it isn't.

~ Cassie

A.H.
    Name: Ari
    Penname/Author's Page: a h (will edit in link)
    House: Gryff
    Why You're In SPEW: 'cause I love reading and reviewing stories. What better place to go then SPEW?
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Laurel Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Work.
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Harry Potter slash, for FF, and Fantasy/shape-shifter-based OF.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: I've been stalking lily_potter (Rachel) for a while now, and I love her stories. MaiaMadness is also a favorite author of mine-- her slash stories make me smile.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Harry/Draco, all the way. Character is Draco, generally (in canon), and for FF, I rather like the Marauders, mainly Snape in that time period. I just love my angst.
    Favourite Story You've Written: Harry and Draco: Untold Secrets. It's not archived, and thank Godric for that, but, as it was one of my first, I still love it beyond anything. It's rubbish, really, but I had the more fun writing it than any thing else.

1. I'm starting uni in a few months for forensic science.
    2. I'm starting uni in a few months for forensic science because I'm addicted to CSI.
    3. I'm addicted to Pepsi. I don't think I could live without it.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Name: Hannah though I will also answer to Bob (it's a long story ) However, feel free to call me either!

Penname/Author's Page: Ta-da!

House: Slytherin

Why You're In SPEW: I had a sudden realisation a while ago that I love to review and I thought what better place to use it than in SPEW

Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: I have almost no time to read anything for pleasure anymore. Most of the things I read now are for school. When I do read for pleasure however, I am terrible in that I don't go for classics but for some lighthearted girly rubbish.

What You Do When You're Not Online: I'm in my last year of school preparing for my A Levels so I suppose working is the main thing I do when I'm not online. And I play the clarinet a lot

What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: R/Hr is my OTP and what I tend to find most inspiring to write but my Author's page is a mix of all sorts of things from DA to a bit of light-hearted fluff. I almost always write one-shots however. I dont have the attention span to write an epic chaptered fic.

Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: My three favourite stories on MNFF are: A Little More Time by Pallas (which I am slightly obsessed with and think is amazing!), Denial by little beloved (which is kind of crazy really as it's a Snape/Hermione and my OTP is Ron/Hermione, not to mention the fact that I tend to be a strict canon shipper. This fic just happens to be really really good) and Great Expectations by Cassandras Cross (which is a H/G, R/Hr and a really wonderful fic mixing romance with a bit of mystery. I tend to have favourite fics rather than authors but I love pretty much all of Carole (Equinox Chick's) writing.

Favourite Pairings/Characters: Well I may have already mentioned this (like several times ) but my favourite characters are R/Hr. I actually prefer to write Ron rather than Hermione however. I usually stick to trio era stories and very rarely venture into Marauder unless I stumble across things, like I did with MagEd's Someone to Watch Over Me.

Favourite Story You've Written:

hmm...'I Want to Go Home' will always be special because it was first, but I was most pleased with Wake Up when it was finish - though I do look back and doubt it. Because my fics all tend to be different, I'm quite fond of them all for different reasons.

1. I'm going on a five week trip to Australia this summer which I am unbelievably excited for as I have been wanting to go for years and have finally saved the money to get myself there.

2. I'm going to uni in September to study History and Politics

3. I tend to make long rambly posts (a little bit like this one ) which probably don't interest people that much!

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Spire

Penname/Author's Page: Follow the path...

Why You're In SPEW: I love to review, generally because I like helping people improve their writing. Plus, I believe reviewing somebody else helps me improve, too, so yeah.

Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Gah >.> So many books/authors I could list. Here's a few for you: I love the Noughts and Crosses trilogy [although there's actually four books now lmao] by Malorie Blackman. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer is excellent. I like Philippa Gregory... Hm. Yeah.

What You Do When You're Not Online: Not much. Haha. I read and write a lot in my spare time, but I do watch films fairly regularly and I love just sitting in the sun in the summer months. <33

What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Most of the stories on my author's page are general, but lately I have wrote tonnes of D/A stuff that is either in drabble form or unfinished. I drabble all of my favourite pairings quite a lot too, and hopefully I'll write a decent length one soon Best known for... I have no idea, because at the moment I do have a wide variety up.

Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Persephone, by obsessed_with_jo. I like Poppy Seeds, by Nikki/fg_weasley, Daddy, by blondebouncingferret.

Favourite Pairings/Characters: But I have so many... >.> Okay, here's a few: Severus/Lily, Sirius/Lily, Remus/Lily, Narcissa/Lucius, Rose/Scorpius, Draco/Hermione, Snape/Hermione, Remus/Tonks... I'll stop now. Characters - I like Remus, Tonks, Sirius and Hermione.

Favourite Story You've Written: I like Twilit Woods and Finding the Magic best. I couldn't pick.

[1] I have been added to two MNFF clubs in the last week [Dumbledore's Navy and SPEW].
    [2] I love to take pictures, but I hate being in anybody else's.
    [3] This is corny, but I love Abba.

I just realised how much I said 'I like' in this post >.<

xx

HogwartsDuchess
    Name: Kasey
    Penname/Author's Page: Why on earth would you want that?
    House: Gryffindor
    Why You're In SPEW: I believe my standard answer is tiaras, straitjackets and insanity? Where else would I be?
    Favourite Non-HP Reading Material: Right now it's the Fever series, but when I'm finished with it, I'll go back to my classics.
    What You Do When You're Not Online: Nah-ot On-lih-ne? That doesn't compute!
    What Kind Of Stories You Tend To Write/Be Known For: Angst. Evil Harry. Angst. Unrequited Love. Depressing, turn canon on its head, rarepairs with the most insane, out there ideas you've never imagined.
    Favourite MNFF Authors/Stories: Nyruserra, Fantasium, The Vault - the women I beta for basically.
    Favourite Pairings/Characters: Oliver/Ginny FTW! Also, Viktor/Ginny, Seamus/Hermione and Oliver/Hermione
    Favourite Story You've Written: Fortune Favors the Brave, which, sadly needs to be resubmitted
    Three Random Things About Yourself: I am often the oldest SPEWer. I dance around my house singing at the top of my lungs when I'm home alone. I have delusions of grandeur.