Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekly Drabble Challenge 10 - Christmas

Ron x Hermione
    Penname: Ron x Hermione
    House: Hufflepuff!
    Title: Perfect
    Warnings: FLUFF! Well, a bit...
    Word Count: 492 (WHOO!)

“Ouch!” Ron laughed at Hermione’s attempts to throw a snowball, but that one had hit its target--- his face.

Hermione aimed again, but missed. Ron ran over to her, grabbing her from behind and whipping her around to face him, dropping the snow out of her hand.

“I love you, Hermione,” he told her as they stared into each other’s eyes.

“I love you too, Ron,” she said right back.

He looked cautiously at her at first, then leant in for a kiss.

“Hey! Get back inside you two!” Harry laughed, “They're about to start the feast!” Ron and Hermione ignored him. He rolled his eyes and walked back inside. The two broke apart, grabbing each other by the hand, and ran inside.

~ * ~

After the feast, Hermione and Ron went up to the Gryffindor Common Room.

“Hermione, slow down!” he said incredulously, amazed at how fast she was pulling him up the steps to the portrait of the Fat Lady.

“Fi-Fizzing Whiz-Whizbee,” Hermione panted, pulling Ron through the portrait hole once the Fat Lady had opened it.

“What are you doing?” he asked slyly, grabbing her hand and pulling her back to him.

Hermione just put a finger to his lips.

Shh… You’ll see,” she said, letting go of his hand and planting a kiss on his cheek.

Ron felt his ears going red at the two lone first-years sitting in a corner of the room, watching, but he didn’t care. He had to hurriedly get Hermione’s present out of his hiding place.

He ran up to his dorm and grabbed it out from under his bed. Okay, it wasn’t the best of hiding places, but it had worked, and no one had found it.

He shook the package as he fingered the delicate wrapping that had taken him nearly an hour to finish. He wanted it to be perfect; all of it perfect, and just for her.

“Merry Christmas, Hermione,” he told her as she unwrapped the beautiful gift.

“OH, RON!” Hermione squealed in delight, putting the book in the air. “It‘s beautiful! How did you come up with the idea for this?”

“I know you like S-P-E-W, so I thought that you would just need something to organize all of your stuff in.” he said sheepishly. It was a binder for holding all of her group membership badges, documents, and any rules to the organization.

She smiled at the thought of him not calling her club “spew,” and pushed her present towards him.

He picked it up the gift and opened it. It was a Broom Servicing Kit. He had been needing one for his old broom for a while now.

Ron thanked her and said, “Merry Christmas, Hermione.”

“Merry Christmas Ron.”

And they indulged in one final kiss under the lights of the Christmas tree in their common room. They had another week until the next term started, and they were going to spend it together.
    Okay, since I wrote a Ron/Hermione drabble... I just had to do a Harry/Ginny.

Penname: Ron x Hermione
    House: Hufflepuff!
    Title: Mistletoe
    Warnings: A bit of FLUFF...
    Word Count: 383

“Harry! You’re supposed to put the tinsel on like this!” Ginny yelled at him playfully. Harry had been just throwing the shiny specks onto the tree, but Ginny tugged it away from him.

She showed him the proper way to do it, wrapping the string around the tree carefully, making sure to not damage any ornaments or needles underneath.

“Oh, who cares, Ginny?” Harry asked.

“Harry Potter! Do you not care about Christmas?” she asked incredulously.

“No, I care about you, though,” he said, pulling her into a hug.

“You’re just a regular old Scrooge, Mr. Potter,” she smirked.

Harry smiled into her eyes, and leaned in to kiss her.

She pushed him away.

“NO! I don’t think so.” she told him. Harry gave her a confused look, but Ginny interrupted him before he could say anything.

“You wait here,” she said hurriedly, opening the door to leave the Great Hall from decorating the Christmas trees over their holiday.

She returned a moment later, pulling a perfectly wrapped gift from behind her back. It had small Quidditch players on the paper, and a matching bow accompanied it.

“Open it,” she commanded him, and he took it from her. But not before getting his own gift for her out from under the tree they had been decorating.

“How did you manage to keep that there without me seeing?” Ginny asked him slyly, glancing over at the spot where he had pulled out the gift.

Harry just laughed and nodded to her to open it. She did the same, pulling on the paper carefully, as to not damage it.

Ginny finally got it unwrapped, and screamed in delight. “Harry!” she said in awe. “I love it!” She held up a box of chocolates and a diary for her to write in.

Harry smiled deeply at her, glad that she liked them. He was hopeless at getting girls gifts, especially Ginny.

“This is great, Ginny!” Harry said excitedly, pulling out a box with the shiny silver letters, “Broom Servicing Kit” embossed on it.

“I hoped you would like it.” Ginny told him.

“Hmm… Now I don’t thank that I have thanked you properly though. What do you say?”

Ginny grinned widely, brandishing a small plant and saying, “Well, I think I've got some mistletoe right here…”
    Okay. Can you tell that I liked the Broom Servicing Kit idea for both Harry and Ron? LOL.

~Lindsey

Wand_Waver2006
    Name: Wand_Waver2006
    House: Go 'Claws! Uh...I mean...Ravenclaw!!!
    Title: Sorrys instead of Presents
    Warnings: none
    Words: 249

Those few minutes of waiting was torture for Harry Potter. The phone in his hand kept on ringing, and ringing, and it seemed Ginny Weasley would never answer. He was afraid the answering machine would pick up when a woman's voice, sounding far away, said,

"Hello?"

Harry let out a sigh of relief and answered, "Hey, Gin."

"Harry!" exclaimed Ginny. "About time you called. Sorry I didn't answer earlier...Sarah was being fussy."

"Is she, now? Put her on for a sec, would you?"

"Ok. Here she is." Static reigned for what seemed like an hour before a small voice crackled over the phone, "Hey, Daddy!"

"Hello, sweetheart!” cried a jubilant Harry. It felt wonderful to hear his young daughter’s voice. “How're you?"

"I'm good. When are you coming home, Daddy?” There it was. The big question, right out of Sarah’s mouth. “We put up the tree, and Mommy's making cookies!"

"Oh, really? Put your mum back on, Sarie, girl." He avoided the question, shuffling his feet. When Ginny came, she sounded worried.

“What’s wrong, dear? Aren’t you coming home?”

“That’s why I called.” He took a deep breath, preparing himself. “Work’s got me swamped, Ginny, and I gave my break to Lawrence. He took sick and had already used his leave.”

There was silence, then, “He has been looking kind of pale lately. Are you sure you can’t come home? It’s Christmas, surely the Minister would let you!”

“I’m sorry, honey, I truly am.”

“I know, Harry. I know.”
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: A Serpent's Choice
    Warnings: Language
    Words: 206

“Sir, please, it’s almost Christmas!” pleaded Harry.

“You heard me the first time, Potter,” his boss shouted back, “No! You gave away your leave for Lawrence. Your giving cost you your holiday! It’s your own damn fault!”

“The hell that I give for that!” shouted the young man. “I did a good deed, and I don’t regret a damn thing!”

“So?” sneered Jackson Holtz. “Like I said, your own damn fault. Now--”

“Mr. Holtz, sir!” A little house-elf scuttled in. “Sir, Mr. Lawrence is back, he only used a day of Mr. Potter’s leave days, sir,” she squeaked. “He has nine days left, sir!”

Mr. Holtz furrowed his brow, seeming to think while Harry tapped his foot, impatient to be gone. Finally, he said,

“Fine. Potter, take your leave. I expect you to be back Monday.”

Grinning from ear to ear, Harry pumped the man’s hand up and down. “Thank you, sir!” When he and the house-elf were out of the office, he asked,

“Is Lawrence really back?”

“No, Harry Potter, sir,” squeaked the little elf. She smiled. “But Winky found a replacement, sure Winky did. He’s willing to work for Christmas, sir, to give you your family time.”

“What’s his name?”

“Draco Malfoy, sir.”
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Hugs instead of tears
    Words: 167

Harry stamped his feet and rubbed his hands together, snowflakes attacking his face. They were coming down in drifts, covering everything in sight. The Burrow looked not like a house, but a tall pillar of snow and ice, crooked and ready to fall.

It was dusk, and the lights in the house were slowly blinking off one by one. Everyone would be asleep soon. Bright Christmas lights adorned the roof and shingles, and a wreath decorated the door. He had helped with that, a week ago. When he still had his break.

But Malfoy's choice had saved him, sure enough. Something had changed since their Hogwarts years, and for the better.

He could see the tree through the window, and sighed happily. Sarah had been right, and it was beautiful to see.

When only one light remained, one in the kitchen, Harry walked up to the door. He knocked on it once, twice, thrice, and waited. When it creaked opened, he just grinned broadly and said, “Merry Christmas!”

Madame Marauder
    Name: Madame Marauder
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: O Holy Night
    Warnings: Umm... Religiously charged?
    Words: 494

“In here, Draco. We’ll be safe in here.”

Severus Snape and Draco Malfoy hurried into the church before them. The church, although ancient, was well maintained and lit. But it was no warmer inside; the flagstone floor was cold beneath their feet as they took seats towards the back. It was Christmas Eve, yet Severus and Draco were not like the other church-goers. The two were on the run from the magical community, and had been since that summer. An elderly woman nearby looked both men up and down, giving a smile of understanding. Draco sneered at her rudely, and, promptly, the woman scooted further away from them. In the front, a blackboard with hymnal numbers written upon it stood. Absently, Severus picked up a hymnal and flipped through it.

“And now, let us sing ‘O Holy Night’ and lift our voices to the Lord,” a man at the front, the vicar, said. “Turn to page two-hundred and five.”

Severus turned to page two-hundred and five and listened to the voices around him sing out. Children in the pew in front of them sang loudly and off-key. The passionate voice of a young woman rows away filled the air, and the deep voice of her father joined in for a sweet duet. As he listened Severus felt warmth in his chest spread throughout his body, filling the emptiness and deadness that had lodged there months ago, when he had unleashed an emerald flash of light upon an innocent man, Albus Dumbledore, and watched him die.

O Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining. It is the night of our dear savior’s birth.

Severus’ eyes rested upon a Nativity scene towards the front. A mother and father knelt before their child, shepherds and wisemen paid their homage to the babe, the Son of God. Severus remembered the Christmas story he’d heard as a child, surprised he could remember anything about it.

Long lay the world in sin and error pining. Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth. A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

The world, wizarding and muggle alike, lay in sin and error. And indeed, the earth’s people pined for peace, looking to heroes and to God. Heroes could be killed, Severus had killed one himself. But God… God was eternal. And indeed He made the soul feel its worth. Already, within Severus’ heart, a healing process had begun. The moment he had set foot in the church, Severus had felt a change. It was a heart-wrenching epiphany to know that his soul, not matter how torn and weary, was worth it to someone.

Fall on your knees, O hear the angels' voices! O night divine.

It was indeed a night divine, and Severus, overwhelmed, fell to his knees in a silent prayer, begging for forgiveness. It was never too late for redemption. Indeed, it was truly a divine night.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name:Cheshlin
    House:Slytherin
    Title: Memories
    Words: 413

Nymphadora Tonks stood back from the Christmas tree and thought back on past Christmas’s. Andromeda, her mother, had always done what she could to bring friends and family together. The only family that never showed up was her sisters and parents. Tonks’ other grandparents were there as long as they were alive to be there. Tonks’ Aunt Debbie and two cousins came every year also.

Taking a deer ornament with a red nose off the tree, Tonks remembered the year her grandfather made it for her. He also taught her a song that went along with the ornament. Much of Tonks childhood was spent with and around Muggles, especially since only her father had any magical abilities in his family. Tonks treasured the stories and songs she learned from her grandparents. She hoped to teach her own children them one day.

Placing the ornament back on the tree, she sighed and walked back to the warm fire. As she settled into the cushions placed in front of the fire, Remus Lupin walked in with two mugs of hot chocolate.

“You look lost in thought. Want to share?” He asked with a smile.

“I’m just thinking about how Christmas was when I was growing up. None of the Blacks ever came to see us over the holidays, except the one year Sirius came for dinner. I must have been six at the time. I thought he was the best! He played with me for hours. I wondered why a family with someone as cool as him would have nothing to do with us. I found out years later that he was the only one I really had a chance of liking, and I ever did like. I was devastated when he was sent to Azkaban. You probably understand,” Tonks said with concern in her voice.

“That was a shock, but now we know he was always innocent. I just wish we had known earlier. He never had the chance to live, and I sometimes blame myself. Let’s quit looking back at sad memories! Let’s remember the good times. We will be with the Weasleys tomorrow. Think of the meal Molly will prepare, and the jokes George and Fred will try to pull,” Remus changed the subject with a smile.

“As always, you know how to get my mind on more pleasant things. This is great hot chocolate, by the way.” Tonks leaned over an gave Remus a kiss, as they both thought only of each other.

Banner by Grangergirl from Slytherin

kumydabookworm
    Name: kumydabookworm
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: The Perfect Present
    Word Count: 258
    Warnings: None

Dolores Umbridge glanced at her invitation to the Minister's Ball, smiling slightly. She looked up at the pictures of the past Headmasters and Headmistresses of Hogwarts, and the room suddenly fell silent; they always seemed to be whispering into each others' ears when she wasn't looking.

Hogwarts would have to do without her for one night. As Senior Undersecretary to the Minister, it was expected to receive an invitation. But as Headmistress of Hogwarts - why, it was nearly unheard of!

Umbridge smiled in glee as she looked at the images of students sleeping in their rooms. She wielded absolute control here - and this school would learn to accept the Ministry's rule.

Folding away the invitation into her robes, she strode outside her office in her hot pink dress robes, smiling widely at the cowering people around her.

Suddenly, she froze and felt her hair frizz to extreme heights. She held her hands to her head in a panic. I'm going to be late to the ball!

She gestured at a nearby Ravenclaw. "You there, did you see who did this?"

Luna Lovegood smiled and gestured vaguely above the Headmistress' hair. "It must have been a Nargle in that mistletoe, Professor Umbridge."

Dolores frowned in confusion, as Luna rushed away. A Nargle? she wondered as she sighed. Well, I can't be late - perhaps I'll ask the Minister about it as a way to start conversation.

Behind the nearby Christmas decorations, Ginny Weasley smiled.

"Merry Christmas, Ron," she whispered.

Ron smiled. "Bloody brilliant, Ginny. The perfect present."

MithrilQuill
    Ummm...I have a Question...can they all be winners?

Ok fine:

First Place:

Christmas Without Him by SlySeverus

And

A Perfect Chrismas by atakrid

Second place:

A Serpent's Choice by WandWaver (well all three of them, really)

And

O Holy Night by Madame Marauder

Third Place:

Finding Peace by moonymaniac