Thread: Portraits

Hybrid View

Lovemagic

Portraits

Hello everyone! I'm here because I am too lazy to search through the HP books at the moment.

I was wondering...what's in a portrait? I know that they talk and think, so based on that knowledge, I wrote this little bit right down there. So if they can think, then do they have minds? They're enchanted to reflect what the real person would say and do, right? Can you legilimens a portrait? Maybe the mind in the canvas would be sort of paper or blurry or paint-y...or am I just saying something completely stupid.

"He focused in on the painted blue eyes and in his mind, they seemed to get closer and closer, anytime he would hit the canvas—he didn’t. He zoomed in and through the eyes, into the painting’s mind. He looked at what was floating on the top of Dumbledore’s mind in fascination. Dumbledore was worried about Voldemort being in his castle, for one, and he was also burning with curiosity about..."
    Tis all I wanted to know: What's in a Portrait.

Ciao!
    Hayden dear Hayden

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    I had a similar question a while ago and posted a thread about it. You can see the thread here.

There was also a class a couple of terms ago on the subject and you can see the forum here.

I hope this helps.

-Julia

Banner by me. Icon from toreadabook on lj.