Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sarah's Back and Available!

TheCursedQuill
    Hey Alex,

I'll send my email over to your private messages! Obviously that means I'd love to beta this for you :P

Thanks,

Sarah

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Hello! Now you're back would you mind helping me with a sequel? I have had an excellent beta but RL is being a bit hectic for her at the moment. It does mean that the prologue (already on archives) and first four chapters are all beta-ed and I'm pretty happy with them so you'll have to read them first but assuming you don't mind that, pretty please? It is a sequel but I want it to be beta-ed by someone who hasn't read Thin Red Lines (I'm assuming you haven't...) and I'm also asking someone who has read Thin Red Lines to beta it, but she's in exams so chances are you'll have looked at a few chapters before she has time to help me with them. ANyway enough rambling- here's the form

UserName/Preferred Name: welshdevondragon/ Alex
    Story: A Darkling Plain
    Genre: Dark Angsty
    Ships: All OCs, although canon characters do appear.
    Rating and Warnings: 6th/7th years Character Death, Mental Disorders, Sexual Situations, Slash, Strong Profanity, Substance Abuse, Violence
    Expected/Word Count: Umm...it's thirteen chapters (I think) and they vary from roughly three thousand to some of seven thousand. That's rather long...
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    Permanent Y/N: This story has been in the works for a long time, so would you mind beta-ing one chapter and if it's useful for me (which I'm sure it will be) then for this story yes.
    First or Second beta: One of two/ pos. three if my original beta's RL clears up a bit.
    Summary:
    ...we are here as on a darkling plain
    Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
    Where ignorant armies clash by night.

In the spring of 1980, the Rookwood brothers return to Britain with their respective partners after several years abroad. The Britain they return to, however, is not the one they left. Voldemort’s power is increasing and the Order of the Phoenix is becoming increasingly desperate to stop him.

In such a contaminated atmosphere, the strength of their relationships will be tested to the limit.

This is the sequel to Thin Red Lines. You can read A Darkling Plain independently (as my beta will attest), but it does contain spoilers for Thin Red Lines from the prologue, and so may spoil your enjoyment of that if you wish to read it afterwards.

The quotation and the title are from the Matthew Arnold poem “On Dover Beach.”
    Banner by Minna.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Oh, Sarah! You always come back just as soon as I start writing again! I have a drabble for the May monthly that I hope you can beta.

UserName/Preferred Name: welshdevondragon/ AlexTM_WandStick/Toni
    Genre: NextGen, I suppose...
    Ships: none (well, sort of Luna/Rolf, but not really)
    Rating and Warnings: 1st/2nd Years
    Expected/Word Count: 476
    One Shot or Chaptered: Drabble
    Permanent Y/N:
    First or Second beta: first
    Summary:
    So, it's the annniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, and little Lorcan and Lysander are playing "Aurors and Death Eaters" in the garden. This makes Rolf upset because his sons have no idea what it was like during the times where Aurors battled Death Eaters, but Luna has her own perspective, of course.

Thanks in advance!

-Toni

Banner by the awesome Minna!
    BA Banners || Drabbles

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    Eep, the edit button has apparently gone missing... obviously, I copied the form from Alex's post and forgot to get rid of the name... Sorry!

Banner by the awesome Minna!
    BA Banners || Drabbles

TheCursedQuill
    haha, I got a little confused there when it said you were welshdevondragon :P

I would love to beta this for you! It sounds SO interesting! The idea of a game "auror and death eaters" is brilliant! It actually made me laugh out loud when I read it

email's in your private messages!

-Sarah

TheCursedQuill
    I actually got your original post in my email, so all the details are safe and hidden there!

I will PM you my email right away

TheCursedQuill
    I am temporarily unavailable.

Should be up with business as usual in a couple of days when I get through my latest jobs!

You are still welcome to request a story to be beta'ed, but please note I will not get to it until I am finished with the others.

Cheers!

-Sarah

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Are you still available? If so I have a oneshot that I really want to get beta'd - although it may be a bit before I can actually submit to the archives - it was for a fest and I can't post anywhere else until the authors of all the fics are revealed. (So obviously time is not of the essence here).

I'm actually not sure if I'm supposed to post the title and summary here, but I'll gladly PM you the details if you want. Suffice to say it's a Percy fic, a oneshot, and it's about six thousand words long.
    Last edited by minnabird; 05-23-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    Ooh, I really really hope you're available again as I'm in desperate need of a beta for the Mysterious May challenge.

UserName/Preferred Name: lucca4/Ariana
    Story: Façades
    Genre: Mystery
    Ships: Teddy/OC, Teddy/James, hints at a past Teddy/Victoire (he really gets around, doesn't he )
    Rating and Warnings: Slash, Violence, Strong Profanity, Substance abuse (which only extends to alcohol, but I thought I'd tag it on anyway )
    Expected/Word Count: 2-3k per chapter (there are four chapters)
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    Permanent Y/N: Just for this fic
    First or Second beta: First and only
    Summary: is a work in progress, but here's the gist:

What begins as a lavish engagement party ends in the death of Teddy Lupin's fiancée Christine Corner. As an Auror, Teddy takes on the case and is startled as the personas of people he once thought he knew begin to melt away.

Hoping you can do this !

xx Ariana

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

TheCursedQuill
    The List

3. .. *Cricket*

Sarah is SUPER Available!

-Sarah