Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March Activities 2010

Kerichi
    So who do you prefer to review, and why?

Before SPEW, I used to prefer reviewing friends, because I was really only reviewing to encourage. Any concrit thrown in was given because I couldn't stop myself, , and I always worried it would be taken the wrong way. Now that I'm a SPEWling, I'll review anyone and not worry as long as there's some constructive praise offsetting the criticism.

Does the fact that you know the person you're reviewing affect your criticism?

Yes, I try my hardest to phrase concrit in a way that shows I'm doing it to be helpful, not to be Ms. Picky Pointer-Outer.

Do you tend to be less professional when reviewing friends, or do you maintain your SPEWly professionalism no matter who it is?

One of the authors I reviewed this month is someone who has given me very nice reviews, so I could have overlooked a couple of areas in her story, but instead I brought them up--in the nicest way possible.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Review! for Breathe.

I won't add any more questions to your list just now but I do want to say that Spire, I love your writing! I have found everything of yours that I have tried so enjoyable and I love that you write about such a wide range of topics and characters.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    -squishes Leanne and Hannah- Thank you for the reviews and compliments!

Yes, I do tend to read the same sort of fics that I write. I like to dabble in angst and romance. I don't have much of either on my author page, but they're my favourite genres to read and write. I like reading about the characters I've written about, too, because I like to see other people's interpretations.

On favourite fics, I loved Nikki's Poppy Seeds, and most of her other fics to be honest. I like Equinox Chick/Carole's Apparently Asleep. I actually think that's the only chaptered fic I'm still following... Also, her Peter Pettigrew fic. I was a bit dubious about reading that one, but the characterisation and concept is great. And her Cedric/Oliver fic, Drowning, not Waving, because she made them so believable -- as individuals and together. Bine's Rose in White really caught me. Again, I loved the whole concept behind that one. The Sleeping Beauty Ward by MorganRay -- amazing and quite original.

Favourite fics I've written: Illusions, Escape, Prongs, Finding the Magic, Twilit Woods, and both of my poems, off the top of my head.

Hm... I don't think I'd write Voldemort or Harry outside of a short drabble. Voldemort, I'm not really sure why, I just don't think I would. And Harry because I had enough of him in the books, and when I first started reading FF I read a lot of Harry/Ginny, so I've read enough about his life after Hogwarts that I don't think I'd want to put my own spin on it. I don't think there's a character I wouldn't drabble about, but then there are a lot of characters, LOL.

Thanks again, everybody! -hugs-