Closed Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

U-No-Poo
    Umm... Mods, my post count isn't increasing. It was 147 a couple of days back, and I made 3/4 more posts, but its still stuck in 147... any idea what's wrong?
    I'm having the exact same problem as Nadia. I only just realised it today, but for a few weeks, my post count's been stuck at 45. Ironic if it went up now, actually...

But anyway, I've been posting just about everywhere! My count's gone up before when I was posting in, say, a beta thread or a banner thread, or the Character Clinic... but it's not anymore?

Help?

~ Jordana

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I know I already posted this, but this question didn't really get answered:

Do I lose any rights to images I post in Dean's Corner or elsewhere on the site?(I got that I don't lose rights to images in my signature, but is that true for everywhere else?)

Edit:

I have discovered I cannot change my signature. When I try, the screen goes white except for some black text that says:

Method Not Implemented
    POST to /forum/profile.php not supported.

Edit2: I think this problem is fixed because I was a ble to change it a bit ago, but it might just be being erratic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at fanfiction.mugglenet.com Port 80
    I thought this was fixed because I was able to preveiw a signature a moment ago, but now it isn't working again. Help?

Edit2: I think this problem is fixed because I was able to change it a bit ago, but it might just be being erratic.

Edit3: Just being erratic. I can't change it now.
    Kinda really hiatus-y at present.
    And Julia, this avatar is really pretty. Je l'adore.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Aida, I too have problems with loading the pages. That may be my d*** slow internet connection as of late or some problems with the server. However, I haven't heard any of the latter, so hang in there. I know it's a pain in the unmentionables, but the site usually reappears quickly when I click "retry".

Josh, this should be a temporary glitch only. Try clearing all your cookies, and when it's then still not showing the right number, then just ignore it. It's not like your PM box will ex- or implode.

Jordana, I have no idea in which forums post counts increase or not. However, the feature of the post count is only for fun. When you post, it should be to bond with your housemates or to help other people in answering their questions, not to worry about what your next status will be or why or post count hasn't gone up.

msk8, no, you will not lose rights to self-drawn images etc. If you drew them on your own and then post them in your very own Dean's Corner thread, then they are yours. And has the problem with your signature been resolved or not? Your edits were a bit confusing, especially Edit3.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

4. 06-20-2010, 01:13 PM

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

Hello, it's me again. Sorry to bother you. I just better do this before I forget. I was told by a mod that a piece had been accepted and that it was 'stuck in queue and would take a couple days to handle'. Technically, it's still the second day, and I just need to make sure I wrote this out. I know the validation period lasts for ten days, even though it's already validated, and I really don't want to step on anyone's toes. Stuff happens. Nobody's at fault here. I'm simply checking. You can PM me for details.

Thank you for your patience.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Kuri -

If it got stuck, that's an admin's job. (that would be myself or Roxy and Terri.) I'll take a look at it shortly. Sorry for the wait.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Hi Mods!

For the past couple of weeks I haven't been receiving any notification emails from MNFF. Any reviews I've received, or any reviews that have been answered by the author, whether I've got a new PM or if a favourite has been updated - I usually get a notification email. I haven't had any and I should have on all accounts. It's strange because I haven't changed my email address and they aren't being filtered by my spam filter because I've checked. I left it for a few weeks to see if they would start arriving again and they haven't.

I'm just wondering if someone could please check this out for me?

Thanks so much,

Julia.

Banner by me. Icon from toreadabook on lj.

8. 06-26-2010, 08:29 PM

9. 06-26-2010, 08:39 PM

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Hi Mods,

I hate to be a pain but for a couple hours today everything was down for me. Everything - the boards, MNFF, even the main site. I know it wasn't down for everyone (I got a friend to check), but it definitely wasn't my computer (checked using my brother's)... I just have no idea what was wrong.

I couldn't get on any of the sites. Nothing would load at all. It seems to have righted itself but this is the second time that this has happened to me and I'm starting to get a little freaked out...
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Since the server move, whenever any MN site gets a sudden increase in traffic, there has been some downtime. As you might know, last night was the release of the new DH trailer and it is likely that the increased volume of traffic to MN main cause the sites to go down for a while.
    Nicole's edit: Well now . . . I learned something new today. Did you say Trailer?!?

We are hoping it won't be a regular occurence but if it happens again, as least you should know why and hopefully we'll never be out for more than an hour or two, and only occasionally.

Julia, I have no idea about your email problem, but hopefully someone else will.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    This may be the dumbest question ever, but here goes:
    I have a chaptered story up that I am just never going to finish, and I've been meaning to take it down for ages. I think some of it can stand alone, though, so can I then rework it a bit and resubmit it as a oneshot and call it finished? Or should I just delete the other chapters and edit the existing one? Does it matter? I'd rather start over since I might change the title, but I wanted to ask if that would be allowed or frowned upon.
    Thanks!
    ~Gina

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    This may be the dumbest question ever, but here goes:
    I have a chaptered story up that I am just never going to finish, and I've been meaning to take it down for ages. I think some of it can stand alone, though, so can I then rework it a bit and resubmit it as a oneshot and call it finished? Or should I just delete the other chapters and edit the existing one? Does it matter? I'd rather start over since I might change the title, but I wanted to ask if that would be allowed or frowned upon.
    Thanks!
    ~Gina
    Gina -

I think the best route to take would be to resubmit the story as a one shot. Make your changes and tweak it as you need to and submit it completed. :-)

PS: That was NOT a dumb question, silly.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

14. 07-09-2010, 12:12 AM

15. 07-11-2010, 01:23 AM

Closed Thread