Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    O'Hara, since the Gauntlet is now judged, feel free to move your story wherever. In fact, anyone with a story in the Gauntlet contest category should move their story out there and to the most appropriate category for "eternal resting".
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

2. 05-19-2010, 01:03 AM

Lunalovespudding

Classes

How do you sign up for classes? I want to take them, but I don't know when or where to. Thanks!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hiya Mods,

Something starnge is happening when I post sometimes. Okay, two weeks ago I was answering a question in the Ask a barmaid thread, and when I posted, my answer appeared ahead of the person who'd asked the question ... she says she didn't delete and then repost. Then today the same thing happened in the Marius Black thread in Reference desk. I posted, and it appeared before the one I was replying to. I did delete and repost after her question (It was Sarah's - Sapphire at Dawn) because otherwise it looked as if I were double posting and I'd hate to get into trouble for that

Now I've just replied to the Madison Mfoy post. I wrote quite a long convoluted answer that took time to type up. Then Molly (Olive Oil Med) posted just before me. But her post is showing as the last post on the thread, and not mine. It's not actually a problem as my post can still be read, but I wondered if you knew why it was happening?

Is it your way of stopping me posting?

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Carole - the mods have noticed this too and, like a lot of things happening on the site, we have no explanation for it other than some kind of strange glitch. Sorry!

lunalovespudding - Classes will be advertised soon with instructions on how to sign up.

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    Hello, lovely mods!

I'm not terribly worried about this, but when I try to post in the Slytherin CR thread, my posts won't show up. It's fine with any other threads I've posted in (even ones in Slytherin), but it's just not letting me play nice with my fellow Slyths. I assume it's just a bug, but I thought I'd let y'all know something is up.

--Selina

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    Hello, lovely mods!

I'm not terribly worried about this, but when I try to post in the Slytherin CR thread, my posts won't show up. It's fine with any other threads I've posted in (even ones in Slytherin), but it's just not letting me play nice with my fellow Slyths. I assume it's just a bug, but I thought I'd let y'all know something is up.

--Selina
    Selina - Weird. I don't see anything at first glace that would keep you from posting in the dungeons. I'll poke around a bit more. PM me if things fix themselves unless I get a hold of you first.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch

Erm....

Hey, wonderful Mods.

Over on MNFF, I have a chapter in my fic From Wading to Redemption that is waiting to be validated. I only sent it in yesterday, and it's unvalidated but when I look at my statistics it says it has been read 4 times. What is the deal with that? Has it somehow slipped through and is visable for some people without being moderated? Is it from me looking through and editing it while in preview? Is it showing how many times you mods have read it? I am very curious.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    On Hiatus. Banner by the amazing Minnabird!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Hello, lovely modly people!

For my new story, Eye of the Beholder, I received an email notification last night, saying that I had a new review. However, when I clicked the link, there was nothing there.

Any ideas?

EDIT: If you read this before my edit, Carole deleted her own review, because the site cut the first send in half. But the first one is still missing.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

10. 05-28-2010, 09:19 AM

Amortentia x
    Hi there, my dear, lovely mods

I just noticed that my time setting is 2 hours behind

Is anyone else having that problem, or is it just me?

It's not a particularly major issue, it just means that for posting times and things like that, I'm a tad off

I don't think I changed anything myself before noticing it, though I went into Date & Time Options, and my GMT is the right one

Cheers, my lovelies!

~Emma~

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Mine's like that too, I only just noticed it when I read Emma's post and scrolled down to check mine. I had been noticing new post with a time of a few hours previous, but I just assumed it was my internet weriding it up again.

Just thought I'd let you know Emma isn't the only one!

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Closed Thread