Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Dragon vs. Little Wooden Stick
    Liandrin: We have been suffering from Avatar Change withdrawal since the server switch. I'm sure there will be some sort of massive announcement when that one is fixed as it is quite frustrating. (some are still sporting holiday avvies, hehe.)

Natalie: I'm sorry about your wait. If I don't get to it (because I will be the first to admit to having very little knowledge of how poetry should work) I promise someone else will.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

2. 04-15-2010, 08:50 PM

deadly_muggle
    Okay, this is probably the wrong place for my question...

I was wondering how come most threads are posted in so long ago. I mean, there are so many classes and other threads which are so old, but so interesting. What could be the reason for this? Am I not able to view the new stuff or is it actualy like that ?

Thanks, and sorry if this is the wrong place,

Kiwi

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hi Kiwi -

It is very interesting to read through the dates, isn't it?

Sadly things have been a wee bit quiet around here and people just haven't posted as much as in the past. It may be due to upcoming graduations, that darn Icelandic volcano (people are stuck!), family get togethers where the computer is locked away so as not to appear rude to guests . . . or maybe people are just looking for inspiration to strike them again.

Whatever the reason, the threads sometimes experience a lull but (almost) always bounce back. The classes, to answer that part of your question, are being completely revamped. We will be adding and removing things so they are as up to date as possible.

Keep on posting . . .
    Heck, go wake some of those threads up!

~Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing

jenny b
    I was just doing a bit of cleaning up on my MNFF profile, and I was going to remove some stories from my favourites because I don't really read them anymore. But it seems like there is no way to do this? I was able to remove favourite authors easily enough, but in the 'manage favourites' section and on the fics themselves there is no link to remove the story.

Thanks!

--Jen

6. 04-20-2010, 06:47 PM

7. 04-25-2010, 09:50 AM

8. 04-27-2010, 08:15 AM

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    I was just curious. . . I googled my penname, because I have heard of author's stories being posted elsewhere (usually in another language) without their permission, and came across a story on what I'm assuming is still part of Mugglenet but not the usual fanfiction.mugglenet.com domain: navi.mugglenet.com/~fanfiction
    So I'm just curious if it is a backup or a mirror site or part of the old server or something?
    Thanks!
    ~Gina

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Gina,
    I am not sure since I can't find the link when I google you. Can you send me the link to the google page?

It may be from the mirror or admin pages, but until I check it out for you, I don't know.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hi loveley Modlies,

Could one of you please check out the Most Recent page on the archives? I think someone has submitted a story and centred their summary but forgotten to close the centre'ing. It's making all the summaries beneath it centred which looks odd.

It doesn't affect the stories (well it hasn't affected mine), but it's a bit irritating.

Thanking you lotsly

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Thanks, Carole. I've edited the story in question so all shouild look as it's supposed to now.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

13. 05-02-2010, 12:34 AM

Princesse de Sang-Mele

Fanfic validated, but not posted..?

A bout a week ago I submitted my first fanfiction, The Stag. It was validated by a mod, but still isn't on the site. I was sent and email by mgle_teacher on April 26th saying that it was "stuck in queue". What should I do? Is this normal?

Thanks,
    Alia ;3

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Alia - If your story is indeed stuck then the mod who could not move it through will put a request in for one of the admins to retrieve it. From there we manually flex our modly powers and get your story on the main site as quickly as we can!

~Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing

Closed Thread