Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

Xaron
    Can my first chapter in story have 700 words and no 800?
    Thanks!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!
    Xaron: First of all, since you are not yet sorted, I had to manually approve your posts here. That's why you may not have seen them appear until now.

Secondly, in answer to your three questions:

a) You *should* have received a rejection letter. There are a few automatic rejection examples where if authors don't follow the submission rules we are allowed to simply reject the submitted chapter without a letter. (ex: submitting several chapters at one time.)

b) If you have checked your inbox as well as your junk e-mail filter, spam folder, etc, and still do not have a letter, read through the rules and make sure you didn't miss a guideline. Also, there are a few e-mail types which don't get along with MNFF.

c) Your first chapter must be a minimum of 800 words. The only exception to this is when writing an epilogue or prologue. Those word count requirements are listed in the rules as well.

Again, if you send a PM to the SortingHat account and take the quiz you can get sorted into a House and have complete access to the boards here and get help with things like beta readers, character exploration, etc. Good luck!

~Nicole "the long winded"
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Closed Thread