Closed Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

U-No-Poo
    Hello moddies!

I submitted Chapter Eight of the Gryffindor Gang about two weeks ago and I haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,
    Jordana

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Jordana,
    I have checked the queue and that chapter is not in there. I don't know if it was rejected and the rejection letter did not reach you, or there was a problem with the actual submission.

Feel free to resubmit the chapter as I see no other chapters by you in the queue.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi mods,
    I doubt this is a site issue, but maybe you can help me anyway. The last several things I have submitted to the archive have had their formatting messed up. There is a clear double space in my Word document, but when I cut and paste it into that little text box, it shows up in one big blurb. Ugh. I just had to double space 2800 words of mostly dialogue!
    Like I said, I'm guessing it's not a site thing, but do you have any idea of what might be wrong? Is it something in my Word settings that I can change easily? The paragraph spacing is at 0 so I'm really not sure and don't want to squint at that little box everytime.
    Thank you so much!
    ~Gina

EDIT: Oh, it's happening again! Argh! I want to cry! What is wrong with my settings? Please help!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quick Question for you lovely Modlies.

I currently have a story in Post Hogwarts that I will eventually get around to finishing. It concerns Lily Luna as a baby and a diagnosis of asthma. For the first 2-3 chapters the emphasis is very much on her parents, but the final chapter will be about her as a teenager (or just starting at Hogwarts).

Is this a Post-Hogwarts story, or a Next Gen?

Thankies

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

U-No-Poo
    Hey mods, it's me again

Just wondering - do you know how long it'll be until the Weddings Challenge will be judged and the results posted?

Thanks,
    Jordana

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Ok, let's see if I can answer a few of these.

Gina: What version of Word do you use? If it's 2007 or later then I might know what the problem is. Drop me a PM with your office version and I'll see if my theory turns out to be right...

Carole: Hmm...It's very much a judgement call. If the story is about Lily, but not necessarily from her PoV then I would suggest putting it in Next-Gen. However, you are free to do whatever you feel most happy with and where you think it's more likely to reach the most appropriate readers.

Jordana: I have no idea, but I'm sure the judge(s) are working on it, and it won't be too much longer

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Jordana,

I am in the process of judging it now. I tried to have it done before my vacation trip, but RL and packing got the best of me. It won't be much longer for the results. Sorry for the wait.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    I always feel so awful for posting in these threads and taking up everybody's time, but I've been having some problems with the main MNFF site. They seem like common glitches but I've searched and can't seem to find the answers, although it's entirely possible that I've overlooked it in the many threads on here, so I'm sorry if this post is just a bother. -_-

Anyways, I've been having two problems with the main site.

For one, when i click on the categories, I keep getting the same message "No results found". It worked fine for a while, and then it did this, but it fixed itself, and now it's doing it again. Currently I'm getting the message after I click on Romance, General, and Contest fic categories. Although they seem to go in and out.

Secondly, I see unable to add any stories to my list of favourite stories! I've recently found two gems that I would love to keep around, and although I've tried hitting the "Add to Favourites" button multiple times on both, my number of favourite fics seems stuck at 18.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3 you, mods~

~Morgan

A.H.
    ^ I have a similar problem with my favorites. I can add new ones, but when I do, the poor stories that were favorited earliest get bumped off the page.

Anyhow, I has a question. I know that adding images/banners in to story descriptions isn't allowed, but what about on the bio page? I know I've seen some bios with pictures, but they all seem to be old pages/old authors, and I have a feeling the images might be there because they were added before the rule was implemented or something to that effect.

Sorry to bug,
    Ari

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Hi mods.

I may have to possibly re-write one of my stories. It's now a chaptered fic, but I originally entered the first chapter as a one shot to a challenge. If I do have to re-write it, it wont be following the original prompt for the challenge. My question is, do I have to remove the tag in the summary that says it's for the challenge if I change it, or can I leave it in since the challenge is over and judged now?

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Closed Thread