Closed Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

wishbones and witches
    Quote Originally Posted by luinrina
    wishbones and witches, you haven't been added to the house yet. If more than a week has passed, I suggest you PM your Head of House. You find the name in the Check-in Desk, in the "READ ME FIRST" thread near the very top.
    Thanks, that helped clear a few things up but I've got another problem now. I'm in Hufflepuff so my HoH is Roxy Black but according to her sig she's on holiday. Is there anyone else that can add me to the house or should I just wait it out?

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    wishbones and witches:

As Hufflepuff Prefect and admin, I have added you to our house. Welcome and don't be shy, come in and introduce yourself.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    hellloooo

I'm trying to submit a poem to the archives but it's only 65 words long and so is too short. I don't want to add words for the sake of it because it's written in a specific style, but I'd really like it on the archives.

Do any of you Mods have an idea what I can do - pretty please -

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    I believe that the software will only accept fics of 100 words or more, so it's not something we can change. But, I believe the rule is that for poems, author notes etc can be inserted as part of the story text in order to bring it up to the required minimum

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Hello mods

I tried getting into SPEW, but I didn't have the qualifications of 75 posts, so jenny b sent me this link and the boards tell me this:

Maple_and_PheonixFeather, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I let her know and she resent the link and said I should be able to get onto the SPEW threads. I also get this for the Daily Prophet Classifieds. Any help on this matter would be a ton of help.

Thanks

~Maple
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Maple: From what I can understand on your post here, you are unable to view the linked page. If that is the issue, here is what the page shows:

Joining SPEW

To apply for SPEW membership, please complete the following form and PM it to jenny b. By PMing, you agree to abide by all SPEW rules and, should you be accepted, have time to devote to SPEW. Please also note that to apply, you must have at least 75 posts on the MNFF forums. If you have not got the required number of posts but would still like to apply, you have the option of asking three existing SPEW members to vouch for you. If so, please have them personally contact jenny b about it.

Links to five reviews posted on MNFF:

We would like to see a bit of a range - some positive reviews and some more critical ones. Try not to show reviews that all point out the same problem. Try also to link to reviews written for a fairly wide variety of fics - it makes it easier for us to get a good idea of your reviewing skills. We specifically ask that none of your presented reviews are written for the same piece of fanfiction, to get a better idea of how you approach different kinds of stories. Also, please note that if we feel that we do not get a good idea of your reviewing skills from these reviews, we may ask to look at some more.

Why do you want to join SPEW?

How do you think you will benefit SPEW as a member?

This is your chance to brag a bit about yourself. What do you want us to notice about you? Why should we accept you?
    Please sign your PM with the name you would like your fellow SPEWers to refer to you by, should you be accepted. You must also submit a request to join the SPEW usergroup. This will be either approved or denied depending on the outcome of your application.
    If I was incorrect in deciphering what you needed, please shoot me a PM.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Esmerilda

A few questions

I came here via Perfect Imagination. I am accredited by their beta listing. Would you mind explaining how I gain access to the beta areas? Where do I send my e-mail of acceptance from P.I. to validate my Mugglenet account?

I have sent a PM to the SortingHat, but received no response. Is the system automatic or manual? Just so I know whether I should just be patient or whether there is something wrong...

Thank you!
    Es

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Es:

You are now in your house, so you should be able to see the beta forums. Once in there, you can read the rules and instructions for posting and providing your PI information.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Xaron
    Why was my stoy not accepted in here.
    Please answer.

Xaron
    Why was my story rejected. And nobody told me why.

Closed Thread