Closed Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Hi mods. My beta's just recommended that I move a section of one as of yet unposted chapter into the previous, posted one. The section is *checks* 250 words. Would it be okay to add it onto the end of the chapter, or would I have to re-submit it?

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Sarah: If they were already posted, I would just help you edit it in but since the mods have not validated the other section yet, you'll need to delete and then resubmit the previous chapter with the added material.

Sorry.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Annie Magus

Questions...??

Hi!
    I was wondering... how do you get to the common rooms. And the great hall.
    Also, how do you make a banner? Thanks!

Nicole's edit: I contacted through PM re: the common room question.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Hi mods,

I know you're all busy and that you're aware of the posting orders/time zone setting problems. Unfortunately I'm dealing with a few more glitches around the site and I'm not sure if anyone else is having them.

The little inkpot image at the head of each subforum seems to misfunction - it doesn't look full when there's a new post, or is full when there isn't. Same goes with threads; there are new posts in some threads and yet the inkpot is empty and the title isn't bold as it's suppossed to be. Not to mention that this little problem eliminates the entire function of subscribing to a thread - sometimes when there's a new post, the forum seems to overlook it, so I'm not notified that it's been updated.

Coupled with the site's entirely arbitrary switching between time zones and messing with post orders, it's getting really difficult to follow new posts around here.

Thanks a lot for your continuing efforts and good luck with working it all out.
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Just to let you know that the above isn't an isolated glitch, I've been having that one too.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

bebe10
    I'm not sure if this has anything to do with me not going on this site for several months (sorry!) but I can't find the Hufflepuff bit where things like in-house challenges are posted. Is it just my computer being weird or has something changed? Thank you!

wishbones and witches
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Magus
    Hi!
    I was wondering... how do you get to the common rooms. And the great hall.
    Also, how do you make a banner? Thanks!

Nicole's edit: I contacted through PM re: the common room question.
    I've been having this problem as well. I was Sorted a while ago but I still can't see the common rooms and all that stuff.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Molly, patience is the key. I can understand you're all excited about it, but progress is sometimes slow and the wheel of time even slower. Be patient please. Asking about sign-ups over and over again isn't helping the matter. When the sign-ups are posted, you will see them.

Annie Magus, banners can be made with various graphic programmes such as Photoshop or GIMP. The former apparently costs money and needs to be bought whereas GIMP is free for download on the internet. There are also many tutorials on how to use the programmes online. Just google it.

Ayse and Sarah, you two are not the only ones suffering from that. I could rip my hair out too. Unfortunately, I have no idea where the problem comes from. I'll poke our coding admin again.

bebe10, some weeks ago, we did a clean-up of members who haven't visited the forums for a year to get more saver space. It seems you've fallen under that too and had to reregister? In that case, you need to go through the whole procedure of getting sorted again before you can see the house forum.

wishbones and witches, you haven't been added to the house yet. If more than a week has passed, I suggest you PM your Head of House. You find the name in the Check-in Desk, in the "READ ME FIRST" thread near the very top.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Hey Mods, I'm having a very odd problem here. When I try to send a PM, it says:

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 5081 seconds.
    Is this something to do with the time glitch?

And am I the only one getting this, or is anyone facing the same problem?

And also, in the archives, I have 5 stories, but the "Stories by majestic_ginny" thingy in my bio says I have 3. Can anyone fix this?

Thanks in advance.

--Nadia

EDIT: I just checked Selina's post, and I'd like to say that I'm sorry for the open bold tag. I'll keep it in mind next time!

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Everyone:

We are working on trying to track down the glitch with the time stamps. I suspect that because a post moves into a different time and place in the thread, that is why new posts aren't showing.

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the main coding site to try to begin to fix this, but we are doing our best to track the reason why and see what we can do to fix the issue.

I know it is frustrating, but it isn't only members having the issue, it is also mods and admins. A post of mine was gobbled up by the Nargles today and placed half way down the page in the mod area.

For now, with new posts, my only suggestion is to scroll back a day or so and look. Time consuming and aggravating, but until a we can find and eliminate the Nargle responsible for it, we have to have patience.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Closed Thread