Closed Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    I don't know if I'm supposed to do this or not, but I think I might actually be able to shed some light on the jumbled post phenomenon. A while back, the time zone settings went all screwy. I am in US Mountain time, which is -6 GMT at the moment, but the forum was saying that I was two hours behind. So, therefore, in order to correct the timestamp on my posts in the forums, changed my time zone to Eastern Standard Time.

As that prior glitch seems to have corrected itself, anyone who had done the same thing as I did to fix the same problem that I'd had would probably be the culprits of the wonky posts. When I readjusted my time zone setting, my posts went back to the correct chronological order.

I hope this helps someone.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    Hello moddlies!

I was just browsing the new stories on the archives, and one of the stories has an open bold tag in their summary (I believe -- it's bolded all the stories below it, and that's what I did with one of my stories once). It's this story. I usually wouldn't care, but anything more than sparse bolding gives me headaches. Should I contact the author to let them know, or ask one of you to fix it?

Thank you for your time!
    xxSelina

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Selina,
    Thank you for the heads up. I went in and edited the open tag. Yes, it was an open bold tag.

Thanks again.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

laughableblackstorm
    Hello

I've been having trouble with my favourites on the archives - whenever I favourite an author or story, they don't show up in my statistics or on my page. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks!
    Kels

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    The posting function seems to have gone all wonky. I just posted a reply to a thread, but while I'm still two hours behind, sorrow_of_severus is on the correct time. As such, my reply appears before her post.

This just seemed very strange.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Just to add to Molly's question (which should be above mine ) and also Jess's from 2 posts back, my time settings were still wonky meaning that although I was posting in GMT, my posts looked as though they were two hours earlier. Sorrow-of-severus' post appears to be two hours later.

I've just changed my settings to GMT +2 hours as suggested by Hannah (coolh5000) and the time is right, although sorrow of severus appears to have a time turner and is posting way into the future ...

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    ATTENTION:

The issue with posting times being all funky has been noted and we are discussing it.

Please, if anyone else has the problem and needs to share the information with a mod, send me a PM and I will make a list. We have been dealing with the time stamp issue for a while now and even yours truly had to edit my post with a note after being bumped out of my rightful spot for the same reason!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

zazzy7
    Hi everyone, lately my avatar hasn't been showing up. I'm sure it's under size limits, but it's still not working.

Thanks for your help!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    ATTENTION

To add to Nikki's post about the time stamps, we are also aware of the avatar issue. Some days they are there, and some they aren't.

I am convinced Nargles are behind all of it, but we are doing are best to track down the reasons and fix the issues if we can.

If not having your avatar showing is really bothering you, try using one of the preset ones for now. They seem to work just fine.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    When will the sign-ups for classes be posted? I am very excited to see all these changes the mods have been bragging about!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

11. 09-06-2010, 04:40 PM

Closed Thread