Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Ari, as far as I know, there's no "prohibition" to have banners in your biographies. Back when the site was hacked into and had to be "restarted" (kind of), the result was that visible banners in the bios like in those old bios you've seen was no longer possible technically. If the old bios were to be edited nowadays, I think the users would lose their banners. Also, with the way the site is set up right now, you can't save your bio if you put in a banner. If you like to link to banners, that's possible; I've done so (you can access my author page through my signature to have a look). But to have the banners visible right away, that's technically no longer working.

Ari and Morgan, we've had issues with the favourites for some time already. I'll poke the admins again about it. For the meanwhile, sorry for the inconvenience.

Morgan, did you try deleting all cookies? That's often helping when my connection fails (and it does so quite often recently). Otherwise it might be a glitch, but I can't say for sure as I don't have the necessary technical knowledge. Sorry.

Sarah: Do you want to rewrite the one-shot, too? Then you would need to delete the story and resubmit the new chapter anyway. Of course, then you can't have the tag for the challenge anymore anyway, as it's over and judged. However, you still have chapter notes at your disposal. If you so want, you can write there that this chapter (the first one) was originally written for the challenge xy. Even if you left the one-shot unchanged and only added new chapters to the story, then - if I were you - I would consider moving the tag from the summary to the chapter notes of chapter one. Hope that helps.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

timeturner

SortingHat Question

Hello. My niece has been trying to get sorted for some time now. She has sent several PMs to the SortingHat over the last few weeks but has not received a response. Does anyone know if the sorting is still open or if the sorting procedure has changed?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Dragon vs. Little Wooden Stick
    Quote Originally Posted by timeturner
    Hello. My niece has been trying to get sorted for some time now. She has sent several PMs to the SortingHat over the last few weeks but has not received a response. Does anyone know if the sorting is still open or if the sorting procedure has changed?
    The Sorting Hat account is still in operation.

A new operating schedule of sorts is in the works and unfortunately for the time being, it's kind of been a free for all as far as which mod sorts the waiting applicants.

Sorry for everyone's wait.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Hello, my wonderful mods,

I have a question that sounds stupid when I first type it.

Do our submissions need a plot?

No, wait, hear me out.

You see, I have this plunnie which is about... uh... the explorations of a multiverse. Thus, it wouldn't really have a plot, because not all the chapters would take place in the same timeline, in the same universe. It's kinda like a series of one-shots, I guess, just a little more complicated.

Does this work? Or should I submit these as separate one-shots? Or as separate fics depending on the universe?? Admittedly, they are all explorations of the same theme: if Harry had been born a girl, Harriet Potter.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

5. 07-25-2010, 08:31 AM

6. 07-26-2010, 12:58 PM

7. 08-05-2010, 08:09 AM

PadfootnPeeves
    I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I'm curious- have the stories for the RTR project been decided? When will we know?

--Em

zazzy7

Permanent Beta

Hi, what is a permanent beta? Is it a beta who will beta your entire story? Or is a beta who will beta all of your stories? Also, what is a temporary beta? Thanks for your help.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Dragon vs. Little Wooden Stick
    Em: The last I saw, the RTR stories were still being discussed but I need to visit the area again soon so another mod may be able to answer this better.

zazzy: A permanent beta is someone who you use exclusively for either one story or several. Often times an author finds a beta who they trust exclusively and the hire them for any story they are working on. Me personally, I have one for my chaptered WIP and others for my (shorter) fanfics.

A temporary beta is someone you might bring in to help out while your (permanent) beta is unavailable. This happens often during exams when the beta needs to focus on studies or has a vacation.
    (vacation from MNFF? No way!)

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    Hey, Mods.

I don't mean to nag, but are you still working on a way to get avatars to work properly? I'm finding it very frustrating that I can only use certian avatars in order to get them to show.

Thankyouu,

~Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

12. 08-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Russia - if we knew why it was doing it then it would be a lot easier to answer your question.

We've tried everything we can think of. We've culled hundreds of accounts that haven't been used in an attempt to get some server space back but we have still not found a reason for the fault.

The only thing we can think of as a next step is to completely empty the avatars folder and have every active member re-upload their icons. Obviously this is a drastic measure that would effect everyone on the site so we're trying to exhaust all other options first.

All we can ask is for patience. Sorry!

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Hello modlies

Something's wrong with one of my stories: The Hidden Truth. Whenever I open "Manage Stories" in my account, or if I give a search for either the story or my penname, the story comes up twice. I tried to delete one of them, but the whole story was deleted. Can anyone please fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Nadia.

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Closed Thread