Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 20

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Bowing To Buckbeak
    Hi!

I hate to be whining about this again. I submitted a poem on the 24th and it hasn't been validated. The thing is, I have two stories in the queue and I can't submit another fic unless one of them has been validated.

Thanks muchly,
    Natalie.
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Unregistered
    i have a story that is taking a really long time to get validated. im dramasweetie452 on mugglenet fan fiction and I would like to know how long it takes for a new story to get validated.

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare.
    Hi mods,

I submitted a fic to the Post-Hogwarts category called 'Of Bludgers and Boils' on the 3rd of May. When I went back to my 'Manage Stories' page to make sure it had gone through I saw that it had come up twice. I had not clicked on the Show Chapters button either. So I deleted one of the stories but when I went back to see if that had fixed it, it showed that BOTH of the stories had been deleted. So I went back and submitted the story again and it was fine. Only one showed up in the 'Manage Stories' page.

However, today when I checked the 'Manage Stories' page I saw that there are now three versions of my fic there, all with the exact same time stamp. I only submitted it once but I don't want to delete two of them in case all of them are deleted like last time.

I just wanted to let you know that I didn't submit the same fic three times.

Thanks,

Julia.

Lovely banner by Toni! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    hestiajones - apologies for the delay. Your poem has now been moderated.

the opaleye - There's only one copy of your fiction in the queue. If it shows up as multiples in your account, I guess it's just a glitch. I have no idea why it's doing it though.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    dramasweetie452 - It usually takes up to between seven and ten days for a story to get validated. Sometimes, it can be faster, but it depends on the RL responsibilities of the mod responsible for the category you submitted to. The keyword is patience.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Second Year Ravenclaw
    Beset by Owls
    Hi,

I submitted a chapter of my fic, The Gryffindor Gang, about ten days ago and it hasn't been validated yet - I haven't received a rejection letter either. The chapter's called "A Weasley Family Christmas". solemnlyswear_x is my usual moddie who validates it. Help?

Back from a ridiculously long hiatus.

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    U-N-Poo: Your story's been moderated - sorry about the delay!

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

Inverarity
    Hey folks, are you having server problems? I've been trying to post a new chapter for my story since last night, and I keep getting the following error:

Method Not Implemented

POST to /stories.php not supported.
    Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at fanfiction.mugglenet.com Port 80

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Inverarity,
    Please see this link, #7. http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/view...p?page=faq#500

I have received that message in the past, and after going through the preview process paragraph by paragraph, discovered it was one word {which I can't even remember now} that was causing the issue. Changed the word, and problem fixed.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

OHara

Question

Hi, I have a story ("The Amulet of Imhotep") in the Gauntlet subcategory of the Contest Submissions category. It hasn't been getting many reads and I was thinking about moving it to Post-Hogwarts or General, where more people might see it.

Is this okay? Should I leave it in the Contest Submissions category? Sorry if this is a silly question; I'm a little rusty when it comes to M-Net ettiquette.

Thank you!

Closed Thread